Darren Shan Fans discussion

All about The Demonata

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reza (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Reza | 3 comments Mod
Hello people,
I'd like to share our ideas and thoughts about The Demonata!

For who doesn't know:
1- Lord Loss
2- Demon thief
3- Slawter
4- Bec
5- Blood Beast

(I'm persian and can't write as well as englishmen! excuse me for this!)

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Lord Loss was the first Darren Shan book I read. I had never heard of him before and I’m so glad I gave his books a chance! The Demonata series is my favorite but I also enjoy The Saga of Darren Shan (known as the Cirque du Freak series in the U.S.).

I love all the Demonata books (so far!) but I would have to say Demon Thief is my favorite.

And Dervish Grady is one of my favorite characters of all time...

message 3: by George (new)

George (pagesandportraits) i like lord loss the best so far cause i thought it was scary exspesialy reading it at night (by the way i'm new)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It doesn't get much better than Dervish! But I also love that Lord Loss is such a complex character. I mean, it's obvious that he's the "bad guy," but the sorrow in his voice is so.....well, I don't know. Fascinating! Artery is kind of cool too....! *SPOILER WARNING FROM BOOK 6!* I loved the whole Beranabus/Bran thing--that was amazing! I loved Bran from book 4 (he's so sweet!), but I'm not so crazy about Beranabus. I mean, I understand why he does what he does, but I also think he can be a tad harsh sometimes. So I thought it was pretty cool to make that connection, and then bring Bec back and kill off Bill-E--I TOTALLY didn't see that coming! : D

message 5: by George (new)

George (pagesandportraits) i really liked bran and i thought it was really wierd that beranabus was half-human half-demon.

has anyone read death shadow (book 7)?

i really think wolf island (book 8) looks cool but it really makes you think about whats coming next...

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah...
has anyone else noticed that this group kind of, er, died?

message 7: by Drew (new)

Drew | 3 comments am i the only guy 13 in this group

message 8: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 3 comments I love all of Darren Shan's books, but I didn't know about him until 6th grade when he came to my school. The Demonata series is great, but not quite like Cirque Du Freak, and it doesn't seem as scary as it's probably meant to be. I might just not have the imagination to picture the demons though. I still need to get to reading the 6th one. I own none of his books except the first Cirque Du Freak and sometimes I forget to set holds at the library after reading one of them.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Demon Theif is the best Demonata out of the first five

message 10: by Neko :3 (new)

Neko :3 | 8 comments i love bec! fave book ever!!!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow! You guys realize that book ten and nine have been released already, right? I had to add books 6, 7, 8 , 9, 10 to the bookshelf, because you guys forgot about those. By the way, the ninth is the best in the series.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Georgia wrote: "i really liked bran and i thought it was really wierd that beranabus was half-human half-demon.

has anyone read death shadow (book 7)?

i really think wolf island (book 8) looks cool but it re..."

Hehehehe

SPOILER WARNING:

BERANABUS DIES IN BOOK SEVEN!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

EVERYBODY: GO CHECK OUT AND VOTE ON THE "POLLS" I MADE SOME AND WILL BE MAKING MORE :)

message 14: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Taylor (ale88x) | 14 comments Good books all the way! but the saga was better (sorry)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

the second was not the best kernel is the worst one he pissed his pants when an old lady scared him grubbs saw his family butchered and he didn't pee his pants just went insane and bec total bitch grubbs awesomeness

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Karen wrote: "Lord Loss was the first Darren Shan book I read. I had never heard of him before and I’m so glad I gave his books a chance! The Demonata series is my favorite but I also enjoy The Saga of Darren Sh..."

I know. He's mine too. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Raven add me cuz friends are fun wrote: "the second was not the best kernel is the worst one he pissed his pants when an old lady scared him grubbs saw his family butchered and he didn't pee his pants just went insane and bec total bitch ..."

well DUH! Kernal was a little kid. I bet you'd piss your pants if some lady came up to you and was like "You stole him!"
And Grubbs went insane and didn't piss his pants because he was already grown up.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

And I've read all The Demonata books. TOTALLY AMAZING!
as was Cirque Du Freak. :)

message 19: by Martin (new)

Martin Aguilar (Domster007) | 73 comments I LUV ALL DEMONATA SERIES, ESPECIALLY THE LAST ONE AND ALSO THE VAMPIRE MOUNTAIN!
LMAOO

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know my fav character!! Bernabus/Bran, Lord Loss, the Kah Gash as an entity, Dervish, Meera.................

message 21: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 2 comments Neko :3 wrote: "i love bec! fave book ever!!!"

Bec is great I'm currently on the 7th book.

slawter is one of my favourites as well.

message 22: by Paniz (new)

Paniz Salimi (Panizsalimii) All of the books!!! Especially the last one!!! The whole series was an absoloute work of art! I loved it!! And Grubs is my favorite character in the series.

message 23: by Tien (new)

Tien Thuy | 1 comments I love Slawter!!! That book gives the movie industry a whole new light but to be honest I love them all, especially Lord Loss, hooked me by the first dang page!!!