Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > OH NO!!! IS INFINITY A YA NOVEL??

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (last edited Apr 13, 2010 09:44PM) (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments So, I just read a little summary of Infinity (Nick's story) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and it sounds like the description of a YA novel!! WTF?? Here's the summary:

Infinity – Summary

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.

As if starting high school isn’t hard enough…now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

~~~

What do you guys think???

message 2: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Wtf? I want to read about adult Nick sexoring his soulmate,not kiddie Nick playing footsie with his Hannah Montana-obsessed girlfriend.

message 3: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Right??? I almost cried!!! We've waited for so long!!

message 4: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 75 comments Adult Nick will eventually get his own Dark-Hunter book but, yes, this spin-off series goes back to when Nick first got "sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters".

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments Yes, it's definitely the start of a YA series - Chronicles of Nick.

message 6: by Desperado (last edited Apr 14, 2010 12:48AM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Someone please remind me why we're supposed to care about kiddie Nick?

message 7: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (bookmoodreviews) | 511 comments ok, call me when Adult Nick gets his own book

message 8: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments That's the way I feel too. We know Nick's background, now i want his story as Dark Hunter.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I think it's just Kenyon's foray into the ever popular YA field that so many PNR/UF authors are taking advantage of. The shame of it for her adult fans is it (along with the manga) will undoubtedly continue to impact the release schedule of the DH series.

message 10: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments I read that the books will gradually become more adult in nature as Nick advances in age until they are at the level of the other Dark Hunter books. I'll just have to wade through them to get to the good stuff. I am not really interested in YA books.

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. | 69 comments I'm seriously disappointed about this. I used to like Nick's character before his falling out with Ash. I had hoped Kenyon would give him a love interest in the main Dark Hunters series, and maybe he could turn things around. What a waste of time. I wish she'd stick to the Dark Hunters.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Agreed. I'm just going to wait until his adult book comes out then I'll work my way backwards if it makes no sense w/o reading the rest of the books.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 96 comments LethalLovely wrote: "Wtf? I want to read about adult Nick sexoring his soulmate,not kiddie Nick playing footsie with his Hannah Montana-obsessed girlfriend."

I haven't read any of this series yet but I will be using the word "sexoring" as much as possible. That is hilarious.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish LethalLovely wrote: "Someone please remind me why we're supposed to care about kiddie Nick?"

So Kenyon can cash in on the buyers who are too young for sexed-up adult Nick?

message 15: by Desperado (last edited Apr 14, 2010 07:13PM) (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments Oh library card.Come here,you sexy thing you.

I am apprehensive about Kenyon's ability to write passable YA fic.I read Kim Harrison's foray into the YA world & it sucked ass imo.

message 16: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments I want sexed up adult Nick!!!!!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Is it a manga book, or a real novel?

message 18: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments It is a real novel. And frankly I am eager to read it.. I think it will be fun to go back and see how things got where they are in more detail. That being said, I'd rather have more DH books. I am all read up and that is such a pitty.

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 173 comments Mollie wrote: "I want sexed up adult Nick!!!!!!"

Fantastic Mollie! I think we all agree! ;)

message 20: by ☽ Rhiannon ✭ (new)

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 133 comments So, anyone know if there is an adult sexy Nick book planned? I can't believe she wouldn't give him a HEA!

message 21: by Jacque (new)

Jacque | 9 comments Oh man, I agree too, why do I want to read about high school Nick?! I do feel like I am talking about Barbie and Ken though!! I have been frustrated with all my fav authors lately though. I doubt they lose much sleep because of my angst though! LOL!