Art Lovers discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1945 comments Forgive me for veering a little away from visual art, but I just wanted to let you know that Zone International Journal of Poems and Prose has just published four of my poems. Although I’ve been in quite a few print publications, this is my first publication in a journal that’s purely electronic. I like it. It’s great to be able to tell all my friends about it and have them able to click a link and read actually read my poems right then and there. So how about doing just that?

Here’s the link. Scroll down a bit and there I am. http://zonefornone.blogspot.com/2010/...

Take some time while you’re there and explore some of the other writers, too. There’s some great stuff.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 257 comments Great stuff indeed! Congratulations Ruth!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1945 comments Thanks, Jonathan.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) | 1140 comments Congrats Ruth! Great imagery. (Luftwaffe is my favorite.)

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1945 comments Thanks, Carol. Luftwaffe was inspired by storms and floods in another part of the country. Pure imagination, since we don't get stuff like that here in So Cal.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather This is great, Ruth. Thank you for sharing! I especially enjoyed "Imagine" but all four of the ones I read were outstanding.

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1945 comments Thanks, Heather. "Imagine" was based on an exercise I used to give my drawing students. I'm not surprised that with your interest in art, you were drawn to that one.