The Riyria Revelations discussion

Book 2: Avempartha > And then...THE FINALS!!!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 56 comments Hello Robin and everyone else,

So I went to vote for Avempartha in the final 4 matchup, and the forum was closed. I did a little digging and found out that Avempartha has made THE FINALS vs. Palimpsest by Catherynne Valente. Go to the link below to post your reply in a timely fashion and propel Avempartha to victory!

http://www.bscreview.com/forum/viewto...

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hayden (melhay) | 37 comments This is GREAT!!! I am heading over to get my vote in. Glad to see Avempartha made it to FINAL FOUR! :)

message 3: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (jeannekc) | 36 comments Wow, Michael REALLY needs our help with this one! Palimpsest is way ahead so get your votes in folks!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
Thanks everyone.

Yes, Avempartha made it to the final round. I'm stunned. I honestly did not expect it to pass the first round. The names on the list of authors was huge, sixty-four names of giants and best sellers, and how little Avempartha managed to get on that list is incredible. And I know I owe it to you folks.

This has meant a lot to me. Thank you.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hayden (melhay) | 37 comments Oh, I don't think Avempartha is as little as you think anymore. :) I think it has grown very nicely in the last few months.

Congrats to you!

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
BTW, I found this on my opponent's blog at http://blog.catherynnemvalente.com/:

It's up against Avempartha, a book with a very strong fan base that has stomped all comers. If you were ever going to vote in this thing, now is the time. Please head over and vote for Palimpsest, and say why you liked it, as that makes your vote count double.

Casimira is gettin' our her brass knuckles, yo. I never thought we'd get past Rosemary and Rue, but we did. Votes are love--and thanks to everyone who's rallied so far!

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) | 232 comments I voted. Good luck!

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Voted too. Wow, it's pretty darn close.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Wow. Great post there, Michael. My vote's in. Good luck!

message 10: by Ridan (new)

Ridan | 41 comments Wow the finals are really tough. Avempartha pulled ahead for awhile yesterday, but then some twitters from Palimpsest author rallied. Currently tied 30 to 30.

message 11: by Aarti (new)

Aarti (aartichapati) I just voted! I really like Valente, too, so glad such great authors made it to the finals!

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Not to detract from the ongoing race, but GR is also in a race:

Goodreads has been nominated for a Webby! The Webby's have been called "The Internet's highest honor." Goodreads is competing in the Social Networking category against top sites Twitter, Digg, Bakespace and Cute as Hell!

Head on over to the Webby site and cast your vote for Goodreads! Voting ends on April 29, so hurry!

http://webby.aol.com/

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 268 comments Mod
I voted for the Webby - and thank you all for your votes in this contest!! I'm so surprised we're still hanging in there - I've watched the other author tweet and then the votes immediately go up - but our little band has made an impressive showing. Both Michael and I thank you for your support. A few days left so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Hmm. We could Tweet. I tweet weekly. We could Tweet our fellow Twitters and perhaps there are some fans who don't know of the contest.

I'm overloaded on caffeine. Took a job freelancing for a local paper and had to be at a sheep farm way to early for my brain. I am not a farmer.

Okay, tangent over. I might tweet this, I have followers who have read the series, it may help.

message 15: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Done. I tweeted and I facebooked. Is that what it's called? Facebooked? Hmm. I know. Who cares?

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 268 comments Mod
I think it is kind of humorous that someone who has a "big time publisher" and is nominated for a Hugo is so concerned about this "little contest". Here are the tweets she has done...

catvalente: Palimpsest is in the final round of the BSC tournament! If you were ever going to vote, vote now! http://tinyurl.com/yeku5pg

catvalente: Up against Avempartha, a book w/ a hardcore fan base that's stomped all competitors. Plz vote Team Palimpsest! http://tinyurl.com/yeku5pg

catvalente: Palimpsest doing poorly in the BSC Tournament. Vote Palimpsest! http://tinyurl.com/y5fbh59 One day left.

I've tweeted but I have far fewer fowllers then she does ;-(

message 17: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) If we combine all of our followers, you never know. I added up the votes, based on their 'criteria' on the 1-2 point system and it is neck and neck. I'm not saying how close, because I'm superstitious, but damn close. Awesome no matter what happens. Avempartha is a great book, the whole series is, and to get down to the final two in this contest that included several great books is a huge achievement.

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (ham1299) | 232 comments I recruited my sister to vote, and she did. How much longer can we vote? I'd be happy to RT anything anyone sends.

My book account: proudbooknerd
My other account (more followers): ham1299

message 19: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) Tomorrow is the last day I think.

message 20: by Ridan (last edited Apr 19, 2010 08:56AM) (new)

Ridan | 41 comments Wow, Some recent "late voters" have pushed it ahead - but another tweet might make the difference.

catvalente: Palimpsest only 7 votes down in BSC Tournament. It's over on Monday--we can still do it! http://tinyurl.com/yyf5o3e

Again thanks for all the supprot - 8 hours left ;-)

Alot will depend on "how" the votes are counted as a "I vote" is just 1 point and if you say a bit why you get 2 points. All Palipsests look like 2 votes but there are quite a few 1 votes for Avempartha - it will be a photo finish !!

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) I found a few of Palimpsets that were only a single vote. In the rules, the reason why has to be more than 'Because the author rocks', it has to be about the book, the writing and the story. So there are a few like that. I shall retweet.

message 22: by Ridan (new)

Ridan | 41 comments Voting is over - but no tally yet - I haven't done an accounting other than "total votes" which Avempartha had more of then Palimsest. It will come down to the 1 points vs the 2 points. Regardless of whatever happens Michael's book did really well thanks to you guys.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Hayden (melhay) | 37 comments I tried to leave good reasons with each vote. So I hope it helped in the voting. And tried to use different reasons with each voting session.

message 24: by Ridan (new)

Ridan | 41 comments Your votes will certainly count for 2 points - so yep they will help ;-)