What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Into the Wild
This topic is about Into the Wild
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED young man leaves civilization to trek in wilderness? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Teri G | 7 comments This is a newer non-fiction book, something about a guy in his 20s who mysteriously leaves his life and civilization behind to go explore the wilderness -- Alaska, I believe, but could be wrong. Not sure if they ever find him, or just find traces of him. It's not a long book, just a couple hundred pages. I haven't read it, but would like to!

message 2: by Evan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new)

Evan | 27 comments Possibly Jon Krakauer's "Into the Wild?" Does a 1996 publication date count as "newer?"

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Church | 1 comments Yes, more than likely Into the Wild. Side note Sean Penn has/is making this into a motion picture with Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam doing the soundtrack. Can't wait, it has been said this movie has hit it on the nail.

message 4: by Teri (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:14PM) (new)

Teri G | 7 comments Yes, Evan, that's it! Didn't realize it was published that long ago. I guess I saw a newer edition and made a poor assumption. Jennifer, thanks for the movie info, too!