Goodtunes discussion

Questions > Artists with Sexy Voice

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) I was just listening to "99 Red Balloons" by Nena, a hit song from the 80s. That girl had a seriously sexy voice. Wasn't all that pretty once I saw her in a video, but her voice is still gorgeous.

Who do you think has a sexy singing voice? Not necessarily who looks or is sexy, just talking the voice here.....

Besides Nena, I would also put Gwen Stefani, Dale Bozzio (of Missing Persons), Susanna Hoffs (The Bangles), and Kim Wilde here. As well as the Wilson sisters of Heart.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Hmm. I guess sexy is subjective. These are people who have sexy voices to me:

Paul Banks of Interpol
Sting
Seal
Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran
Lead singer of Somegirl (she's a woman--I could see her being sexy to a man or putting a sexy mood out)
Maxwell
Beyonce

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori (barfield) | 513 comments Mod
To me Geoff Tate will always be the sexyest male voice ever.
Others that sound sexy,
Toni Braxton --- Natalie Maines
Madonna --- Don Henley
Mariah Carey --- Glenn Frey
Whitney Houston -- before the drugs
Alan Jackson --- Edie Brickell
Tim McGraw --- Amy Lee
Fiona Apple --- Joss Stone
Sting --- Don Dokken

I'm sure there are more. :)

message 4: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Robert Plant.

Nuff said.

message 5: by StephanieT (new)

StephanieT | 31 comments Chris Cornell
Todd Park Mohr
Keith Whitley

message 6: by Dana * (new)

Dana * (queenofegypt) Guitar Chick-Headbanger wrote: "Robert Plant.Nuff said."

ooo now that I can second, especially on the big log or in honeydrippers

message 7: by Dana * (new)

Dana * (queenofegypt) Just a half assed observation, but it seems most guys seem to like a husky female voice. Like Divinyls and such.

I like Sting, but I think one that always puts a shiver down my back is Chris Isaak.

message 8: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments I just never got into Sting, which is weird I think. I dunno. Maybe I'm just strange.

message 9: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Hmm...............
Cherie Currie.Messin with the boys hearts.

message 10: by Dana * (new)

Dana * (queenofegypt) Tickets on sale for:

Chris Isaak sings the San Francisco Phone Book Letter K.

I'm ready for the presale!!!

message 11: by Lori (new)

I love Shania Twain's voice, she always makes me smile. Has anyone heard or know anything new she's done?

Other sexy voices
Gwen Stefani **** Lou Gramm
Steve Perry ***** Kelly Clarkson
Tina Turner ***** Carrie Underwood
Brian Setzer **** Belinda Carlisle
Bryan Adams ***** Michael McDonald

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Robert Plant
Peter Steele
Tori Amos
Madonna

message 13: by Lori (new)

You know who has a sexy voice but isn't a singer? Jensen Ackles. He plays Dean on Supernatural. I just love that kid/man. His voice, looks, and body, he's the whole package!

message 14: by Dana * (new)

Dana * (queenofegypt) Chris Isaak

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Dana wrote: "Chris Isaak"

Agreed :)

Also I'd like to add Billy Idol and Jeff Martin from Tea Party (who has perfect pitch :)

message 16: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Lori wrote: "I love Shania Twain's voice, she always makes me smile. Has anyone heard or know anything new she's done?..."

I thought I saw something about a new album from Shania Twain several months back, but I'm not finding anything. I remember seeing it, because I remember thinking at the time that I would really need to check it out.

I will have to second you on Steve Perry. I don't know what it is about his voice. When he sings, I get chills...lol

message 17: by Lori (new)

Well when you find something Southpaw, let me know! Thanks :)

message 18: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Darren Criss. He was Harry in A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel. Check out his new EP on iTunes.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) How about good old Tom Jones ?

message 20: by Lori (new)

Sorry but i never got the appeal of Tom Jones. He's ok but i don't find him or his voice sexy. Girls/women throwing their panties at Elvis, maybe, at TJ i just don't see/hear it.

message 21: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Lori wrote: "Sorry but i never got the appeal of Tom Jones. He's ok but i don't find him or his voice sexy. Girls/women throwing their panties at Elvis, maybe, at TJ i just don't see/hear it."

My mom took me to see Tom Jones back in the 90s and I enjoyed the concert but I couldn't believe his fans. They were throwing him panties and some of them were young ladies... Isn't he in his 60s or 70s?

message 22: by Lori (new)

It seems like he should be old as dirt by now. I think if it was young ladies, and i use that word loosely, they just want to be able to say "I threw my panties on stage." Makes you wonder if they had an extra pair in their purse. LOL

message 23: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Lori wrote: "It seems like he should be old as dirt by now. I think if it was young ladies, and i use that word loosely, they just want to be able to say "I threw my panties on stage." Makes you wonder if they ..."

I just thought about that lol.

message 24: by Dana * (new)

Dana * (queenofegypt) I went to a Rick Springfield concert last year, and women were winging their panties and bras at that show.

message 25: by Lori (new)

Come on now, don't they know the man is 60 years old, (not that he isn't still good to look at) with a wife and a family. Be like when Faith Hill cussed that bitch out for grabbing Tim McGraw's balls. Just because their famous doesn't give you the right to touch them, or throw things up to them.

message 26: by R (new)

R (feste) Lori wrote: "Come on now, don't they know the man is 60 years old, (not that he isn't still good to look at) with a wife and a family. Be like when Faith Hill cussed that bitch out for grabbing Tim McGraw's bal..."

Nick Cave getting groped while performing last year... I disapprove. But his reaction made it funny.

message 27: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) Yes, Rick Springfield is still good-looking, lElvis, yes he was, too. Tom Jones, it is not unusual to see women throw panties, but didn't see the appeal. What about Englebert Humperdink, he has a smooth voice, what ever happened to him. Ol Blue Eyes, Frank Sinatra, not Perry Como, too comotose for my taste. Jason Mraz, sounds sexy.

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I'd have to agree about Jason. What a lovely voice, and he's so cute. I saw him in concert and he was great, just with a guitar and an accompanying guitarist. He has a big following of girls too. :)

message 29: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 328 comments Guys! You can be lazy and still listen to Darren Criss, 'cause he's gonna be on GLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 30: by Lori (new)

R that was funny. Thanks!

Lady D who aer you talking about? Jason who?

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Jason Mraz.

message 32: by Robin (new)

Robin (goodreadscomtriviagoddessl) you know the one who sings I'm yours, cute lyrics.