Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
This topic is about Bone Crossed
Mercedes Thompson Series Books > Bone Crossed (Book 4)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (last edited May 21, 2010 11:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 574 comments Mod
Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

Book Description:

By day, Mercy is a car mechanic in the sprawling Tri-Cities of Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shapeshifter with some unique talents, Mercy has often found herself having to maintain a tenuous harmony between the human and the not so human. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

Marsilia, the local Vampire Queen, has learned that Mercy crossed her by slaying a member of her clan—and she's out for blood. But since Mercy is protected from direct reprisal by the werewolf pack (and her close relationship with its sexy Alpha), it won't be Mercy's blood Marsilia is after.

It'll be her friends'.

message 2: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jencroup) | 91 comments I just started this one....I hope to finish it today or tomorrow.

message 3: by Bry (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bry (utqtbry) Let us know what you think when you finish it! Personally it is my least favorite from the series but is still fantastic!

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jencroup) | 91 comments Bry I agree, it was my least favorite in the series but I still really liked it. The only book I have left to read is Silver Borne...I can't wait till my library gets it back

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 4 comments This was the only one that didn't get 5 stars from me. I didn't like the mystery behind it, she forced it a little with her big revelation regarding the plot from Blood Bound (ok, hope you guys understand, doing my best here not to use spoilers lol). And I absolutely loathed the scene between Adam and Mercy (if you read it, I think you'll know what I'm talking about).

But I thought it added a lot of subtle details to the series as a whole and for that I liked it.

It is not a bad book but it's not as good as the others.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The only thing I liked about this book was Stefan. I don't like the Mercy/Adam relationship in this one at all. For some reason it makes me roll my eyes every time.

I hate to admit this, but I did skim a bit. I got kind of bored.

At least Silver Bourne helped improve my mood. :D

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments i liked the stefan parts to but i can definetly see what Soria meens when she talks about the whole adam/mercy things it just made me want to put the book down

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments haven't gotten the chance to read silver bourne yet

Soraia (sharonbhz) | 4 comments YibGib (Kate) wrote: "i liked the stefan parts to but i can definetly see what Soria meens when she talks about the whole adam/mercy things it just made me want to put the book down"

Right? It got to my nerves :)

YibGib (Kate) (food3) | 14 comments lol yeah :D

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 18 comments haha. i must be the only one that likes it a lot. i gave it a 4 stars. i liked moon called and blood bound and i didnt like iron kissed at all. and after iron kissed this one really brought me to love the series a bit more, i read this one is june so i kinda dont even remember wht happened that much. but i really enjoyed the mercy and adam scenes, i felt that we didnt get a lot of adam before and in this one we did.

i should skim through bone crossed again, b/c god i have a hard time remembering this one now.

Carolyn F. | 88 comments I've liked them all - from a lot to really, really a lot. This is one of my favorite series.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 18 comments bone crossed is also my favorite as of now, im reading silver borne rite now so we'll see if my favorite will switch.

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I am just listening to the part where Mercy is in the cage in the basement at Blackwood's and I didn't catch it before (or I forgot), that the maker of Blackwood (who is now a ghost) is afraid of Mercy and Mercy has some magic that she can use to control the ghost, but Mercy is not aware of it. There is a "pop" and Mercy realizes that she did the pop and that it is her magic, but it is different than fae magic. I am hoping this is explored more in River Marked.

Oh I loved this book and especially the scenes between Adam and Mercy. I am doing a re-read right not by listening to the audio. I love how patient and understanding he is with her knowing what she has been through, but yet it is clear he still really really wants her. I think the scenes are fantastic and sweet.

Carolyn F. | 88 comments I like doing that Regina, reading first and then listening to them. I'll have to put these on my list to buy.

Regina (reginar) | 110 comments I didn't like #3 at all (Iron Kissed) until I listened to the audio, now I realize it was one of the best in the series and think it is fabulous. So audio makes a difference sometimes for me.

It is the same narrator for this series as the one for the Stephanie Plum series (if you listened to that one) and also for the Kate Daniels series. So sometimes it is hard to adjust to the different storyline when I expect the narrator to be a certain character. But I think she does an excellent job and I love hearing Adam and then comparing it to how she does Bran and Sam.

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen (jencroup) | 91 comments I'm going to have to listen to these books now.

message 18: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 42 comments Soraia, I can't think which AdamMercy scene you are talking about?