The Bookshelf discussion

Dinner Location

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina | 18 comments Mod
I have been craving crepes but that is for dessert. I'd like to use this fourm to discuss any other cravings bookclub members are having so we can find a nice place to meet for our meeting but maybe hopefully get crepes afterwards too! hehe any ideas? Otherwise I will pick a place. I'm thinking everyone wants to meet in Sacramento? Is that the common ground? I know we have members from all over the area so is downtown/midtown/sac area sound about right? Kristayln- what about that thai food place you mentioned?

message 2: by Kristalyn (new)

Kristalyn | 28 comments Mod
Well, I'm just speaking for myself but I could have a crepe all hours of the day. Besides, they make non-desert crepes too. My fav has spinach, mushrooms, black olives, and feta. Then again...those nutella crepes are to-die-for :) We could always do Crepeville. The Thai place I was talking about is Thai Basil...it's on J st and is very yummy...I LOVE Thai food and have had nothing but great food there. I was also thinking about Spaghetti Factory because it's large and loud or Zocalo's (their mojitos are out of this world!!!). I'm open for anywhere though...just thinking about it is making me hungry.

message 3: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 12 comments Mod
I love Thai food...so if we are vote that is where mine is. But then again Crepes are yummy..especially one with nutella. Actually anything with nutella is delicious!

message 4: by Christina (new)

I am also voting for the Thai food. Dying to try it out. :)I just started the book and I love it so far.

message 5: by Kristalyn (new)

I'm totally on board with Thai food. Let's make it official. Thai Basil at 7pm on Sunday, 04/18. 2431 J St. Is everyone in?

message 6: by Christina (new)

YES!

message 7: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 12 comments Mod
I'm there!

message 8: by Monique (new)

Monique (lsgharley1) | 13 comments Mod
Count me in!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 13 comments Mod
Im in for Thai food!!=)

message 10: by Kristalyn (new)

I can taste it now - YUM-O!!! BTW - Rick's Dessert Diner is on the very next street if any of you girl's decide you're in need of a tasty after-dinner sweet. Don't know if any of you have tried it but WOW!!! I'm going to call Thai Basil today to see if we can get reservations because it's really small inside and they close at 9, so I want to make sure we get seated ASAP. See you guys soon. Happy Reading!

message 11: by Luciana (new)

Luciana | 6 comments Mod
I'll be there...Not sure about thai food but I am game. The dessert dinner sounds like a great after dinner treat :0) thats the fat girl talking

message 12: by Monique (new)

Monique (lsgharley1) | 13 comments Mod
Mmm Ricks is great!!! Ummm hope you don't mind that I MIGHT have to bring my mini me tho!

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 13 comments Mod
Monique wrote: "Mmm Ricks is great!!! Ummm hope you don't mind that I MIGHT have to bring my mini me tho!"

BRING HIM!!!!!!!.YAY!!!!!