Terminalcoffee discussion

Comments (showing 1-50 of 110) (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments I just got an e-mail saying a disc was on its way, ready to make my Wii stream movies from Netflix. I am VERY excited about that prospect.

message 2: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (Chantelle13) | 38 comments yippie! Got mine - love it.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments I was worried it would be slow like watching over my PC is sometimes, but there's no hitch at all.

I watched five episodes of season four of Weeds last night. That show is ridiculous, but I find it somehow compelling. It's something about Mary-Louise Parker, even though her character is absurd.

Abigail (42stitches) | 150 comments Whao...and we just hooked our computer up to the tv to do it that way...Neato.

message 5: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I was worried it would be slow like watching over my PC is sometimes, but there's no hitch at all.

Hrrm. Maybe I'll try that on my Xbox, then. I also have a Wii, but my Xbox is my "sit on my ass" gaming system, whereas my Wii is my "get up and move around" system. It just seems more appropriate to watch a movie through the Xbox. ;)

message 6: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (Jez476) | 664 comments My friend streams a lot from Netflix on his Xbox. He says there's no problem. Now if I could only get my blu-ray player that is supposed to be able to stream Netflix to connect to my internet! Ugggg!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments Netflix is going to be streaming every episode ever of SNL, The Office, 30 Rock, Battlestar Galactica, Law And Order: SVU, Friday Night Lights, Psych, Monk, and Eureka.

I'm excited to finally watch Battlestar Gallactica.

message 8: by Barb (new)

Barb My husband went and signed up for this on the PS3 ... I actually find that the list of available movies is lacking, but whatever. It will probably improve with time.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Our surround sound streams Netflix and Pandora, we love it. Though I watch streaming Netflix more at work and in my craft room than on the actual TV.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Awesome! My kids use Wii netflix all the time. Yesterday they were watching Merlin. Giles from Buffy was in it.

message 11: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) I love Giles from Buffy. :)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments Me too.

Barb - congrats on Netflix-in-Canada! My sister is enjoying it too. The streaming list is slowly improving.

message 13: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) So you can see Giles from Buffy, Bun?

message 14: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Angel has Bones, right? And Seth Green, well, he's fabulously funny and always busy...and he'll always have Robot Chicken (which I love).

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments Most of the Buffy peeps are doing ok. I don't know why Sarah Michelle Gellar only picks horror movies and rom-coms. I thought she was fantastic as Buffy but I think maybe she's made for TV drama, not movies.

I DVRed the Hawaii Five-O pilot to see him but haven't watched it yet. Ditto for Lone Star, which got the best reviews of anything other than Boardwalk Empire, which is HBO so I can't see it.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments And a whole bunch of 'em were on Dollhouse.

Ooh, and the creepy guy who played one of the blue hands in Firefly AND D'hofrin in Buffy AND the creepy doctor who could send out his body parts on Angel was in The Event.

message 17: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Zander...that's who that is. He got chubby and I couldn't place him. I love Penelope.

Forgot about How I Met Your Mother, I faded after the first season.

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments I've only seen a handful of episodes, but it seems pretty funny.

message 19: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) He rocked Starship Troopers...Love that movie!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments James Marsters was on Hawaii 5-O?! MUST WATCH!!!

message 21: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11414 comments Amelia wrote: "So you can see Giles from Buffy, Bun?"

Hey, if Sarah Palin can see Russia from her stoop, I'm certain Bun can see Giles from Buffy.

And if you don't groan at that one...

message 22: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11414 comments BunWat wrote: "Anthony Stewart Head* is great** but I get BBC America so I get to see him often anyway because he works a lot in England. James Marsters*** just showed up in the pilot of Hawaii Five-O.

I w..."

Spike is on Hawaii 5-0? As a regular or a one-time thing?

message 23: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Phil wrote: "Amelia wrote: "So you can see Giles from Buffy, Bun?"

Hey, if Sarah Palin can see Russia from her stoop, I'm certain Bun can see Giles from Buffy.

And if you don't groan at that one..."

Oh, I'm groanin' buddy, I'm groanin'.

message 24: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) I know, I know..."That's what she said!"

message 25: by Ken (new)

Ken (Playjerist) | 721 comments It’s not nearly as impressive, but I just started picking up radio stations through the fillings in my teeth. I’m anxious for the streaming video.

message 26: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11414 comments Amelia wrote: "I know, I know..."That's what she said!""

Hehehe. Looks like you're fully on-board. :)

message 27: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ok, has anyone seen Buffy's Mom or Anya on anything? I remember Anya from a horror movie a couple years back, but not since then.

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) According to IMDB Anya (Emma Caulfield) is on a TV show called Gigantic? Never heard of it.

message 29: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Buffy's mom has nothing listed after Buffy on IMDB...doesn't even have a head shot. I'm guessing she "retired".

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments So Netflix just announced that they are separating the streaming and disc services, and if you want to keep both you now have to pay a third again what you're paying now. Grr.

I love the streaming, but it is missing so many movies. Most new releases, lots of old ones, lots of TV shows. If I have to choose between the two I guess I'll pick streaming, but I'm annoyed at being forced to make the choice or pony up such a big difference - more than sixty dollars a year.

message 31: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) I gave up the discs this month (before I knew about the increase) simply because we never get round to watching the discs. They sit on the entertainment center for MONTHS. I mostly just watch the streaming at work or while I'm crafting. The DVR keeps me busier than I care to be on the TV as it is.

I might watch too much tele...

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments About half of my queue is not available on discs. I guess it's true that I could cut out the discs and I'd still never get to all the movies on my instant watch queue either, but I still don't like the idea of no access to those movies.
Maybe I'll reduce from the unlimited-one-at-a-time to three a month or something like that. That way I still have the option to snag one of those movies if I want it.

message 33: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Good plan!

message 34: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart My brother told me about this, and I'm canceling the disc service as soon as possible. I haven't even watched the movie I got a month ago.

message 35: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) In case if new release emergency, there's always Red Box.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments True. There's one less than half a block away.

message 37: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) And, they only cost a dollar a go...

message 38: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Watch Instantly has come a loonnnnnng way.

message 39: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I still think getting both is worthwhile...although I hear what Amy's saying about not getting around to the disc.

My video life is a complicated mix of Redbox, Netflix Watch Instantly, and Netflix DVDs. One tip--Redbox has a great online service where you can search to see which machines have what you want and reserve the discs so you can drive over and pick up your discs knowing they're there. But Redbox, of course, is limited to big hits.

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments Yeah, we have a redbox on the next block but I can't imagine going in search of another one to find a specific movie.

I do watch my 1-at-a-time Netflix DVDs, but I stream a lot more in between.

message 41: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I reserve whenever I don't have a free code. One night it took me 30 seconds to pick up my movie after standing in line for 20 minutes behind this guy with 3 small children, and the woman behind me was like, "I'm gonna do that next time. How does it work?"

When I go to Redbox, I pretty much already know what I want, so it really irks me when I'm standing behind Grampa and Grandma over there, and they have to read the description of every fucking movie.

Old person 1: It's called Killer Crocs 2: Mutants Strike Back...hmmm I
wonder what that's about, Sarah Jean.

Old person 2: I don't know, but you know I can't take too much action while my prunes digest, Bob.

Exaggeration, but it makes me roll my eyes.

message 42: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (GusSanchez) Netflix is perfect for lazy bastards like me who want to watch DVDs or Instant content whenever the hell they want, without the tyranny of something like Redbox which incurs late fees.

Sure, it's an extra $7 a month for me, but I can take the hit.

message 43: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I have streaming Netflix. The quality of the picture sucks. I'm going back to DVDs.

message 44: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) If I watched them I would just pay it as well, Gus. I don't bother with Red Box. If it's too new to stream and I want to watch it bad enough I just pay the extra and watch it On Demand on my cable...

message 45: by Meels (new)

Meels (Amelia) Really, Aynge? I've never had a picture quality problem. A couple of times the sound was out of sync with the picture. But, I figure with the number of films/episodes I've watched on streaming a couple of screw-ups isn't much. I just reported it and watched it again later.

message 46: by Michael (new)

Michael I have Netflix so I can get the old Doctor Who serials and I'm lucky because my monthly membership is going down. Redbox is alright if you know what movie you're getting but I can't stand the scenario Britt described in #48. Redbox is for grab & run, if you want to shop then go to the store. The library is a great source for free DVD rentals.

message 47: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Michael wrote: "I have Netflix so I can get the old Doctor Who serials and I'm lucky because my monthly membership is going down. Redbox is alright if you know what movie you're getting but I can't stand the scena..."

That's pretty much why we have Netflix, too. We wanted to be able to see Doctor Who, and we didn't get BBC America until recently. Also, we relied on it when we didn't have cable/satellite for a year.

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13812 comments The quality of streaming through my Wii is decent and the quality through the AppleTV is incredible.

message 49: by Pat (new)

Pat (PatB37) I am leaning to dropping the streaming. I joined netflix to have access to a LARGE catalog, not just the popular stuff. It also annoys me that stuff vanishes from the list of titles available to stream.
There are many source of streaming video, I don't need to get it from Netflix

message 50: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 22692 comments Mod
I never joined Netflix.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread