The Black Tower discussion

Nynaeve, love or hate?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siri Tachi (new)

Siri Tachi | 2 comments From what I've seen, everyone either loves or hates Nynaeve. Personally, I love her! What about the rest of you?

message 2: by Marty (new)

Marty (martyjm) I think she started out as a charactiture rather than a character but grew as a character and became someone that I really like.

message 3: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 19 comments I'm only on book 8, but at the moment, I'm a hater, since she seems to be fluctuating between an annoying bossy person and a lovestruck helpless one. I hope she, as you say, gets more appealing.

message 4: by Marty (new)

Marty (martyjm) well she is going to stay bossy....and lovestruck both but she is so dutiful in her own way....I think that is what she and Lan have in common....

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael (darkdaysarehere) I love Nynaeve. In the earlier books of the series she did annoy me a little, but as the series progressed her character began to grow on me. She's an Aes Sedai that Rand can trust and i liked that about her. She's also one of the few people who emphasied with him. She sorta wants to protect him. She's an all around good person who is not tangled in the Aes Sedai scheming ways.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 31 comments You know, she kind of reminds me of Lucy Van Pelt of Peanuts fame. The bossy know it all attitude. I guess that once a Wisdom, always a Wisdom, even if you aren't wise at the time. I personally love her in that she tells it how it is and isn't afraid to open her mouth and call a spade a spade. I could do a bit without the know it all piece, but she, like all of Jordan's characters, is complex. I can respect that I like her but not all of the time, like a good friend or spouse, for that matter.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (whatsername) | 2 comments I started out loving her, but she mostly just pisses me off now. Her relationship with Lan has made her patently ridiculous and her stubbornness has made it so that she's progressed the least of any of the other main female channelers in learning to really wield her power. Honestly, I don't think she would pass the test for Aes Sedai without a huge stroke of luck.

In other words, I pretty much share Cadsuane's assessment of her.

It's too bad too, cuz as I said, I really liked her at first, I thought she had a lot of potential.

message 8: by John (new)

John (gigalew) | 6 comments Nynaeve seems like several different characters to me. She was the Wisdom of Edmonds Field until maybe book 4. Then she turned into this angry childish Accepted. After her block was removed she changed again and now is a strong willed Aes Sedai who is very brave. I hated that middle stage quite a bit, im glad her character evolved.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma (ewetten) | 6 comments She has always irritated me. An important character, but always incredibly surly and self righteous. She fills a necessary role but strikes me as one of the least dimensional characters in the series.

message 10: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments Nynaeve always drove me nuts. Her higher than all attitude just rubbed me the wrong way. I have to admit though that in the last two books I really started to like her. Her part in the Borderlands in KoD completely rocked and I was cheering for her ridiculously at that point.

message 11: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Parshall (B-rittany) | 7 comments I've always liked Nynaeve she's always seemed like the Mother Hen of the group always looking after the younger ones. I'm glad she is an Aes Sedi now cause the whole time she was an accepted she kinda complained

message 12: by Jarrett (new)

Jarrett | 2 comments I love her as a character, but if I knew her in real life, I am sure that I would hate her

message 13: by Tejus (new)

Tejus | 3 comments I think I finally have come to like Nynaeve. She is the only one of the Aes Sedai who seems to actually be on the side of the Dragon Reborn and sees him as Rand Al'Thor and not just a weapon. In the latest book, and especially during her raising test, she has finally seemed to have realised that the Aes Sedai are not a group that she really wants to be fully associated with.

message 14: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 78 comments I had a lot of respect for her in this book.

message 15: by Roshio (new)

Roshio | 35 comments In the thirteenth book, i'll have to say love. which is saying something cause she annoyed me in every other book. Some of it has to do with how she interacts with Rand to be honest.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Nynaeve! If I could be anyone from the books, I would be her. :)