Friends in the Flathead discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corie (new)

Corie (cmercord) | 53 comments Mod
Thought I'd post this for those of you that read Hush, Hush with us last fall. Yesterday they released the cover art for the second in the series. Thought it was cool, and that I'd share.

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 2: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 36 comments Looks good~I am excited to read it.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison | 11 comments Picked up Cresendo last week, started it and had to steal it back from my daughters friend who swiped it from me for 24hrs to read it. She had also read Hush,Hush
Was a good fsat read lots of twists & turns.
My frist book of the series is floating somewhere around a group of 16year old girls I fear..one of those loned beyond my reach now. Would have been nice to have been able to refer back to some parts but was not lost totally as this book helps bring in the first.
Spoiler here* prepare for a 3rd one as the ending leaves you turning the last page for "What?" where's the rest!!

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison | 11 comments Ok went and looked up Becca Fitzpatricks website.
fallenarchangel.com and yes there is a 3rd book coming out in Oct 18th 2011 (grrr, yes another year!)Called the Tempist it will pick up from the last page.
Which left you on the cliff hanging..
I was hoping for a sneak read into more, Ok I know I'm being greedy here as cresendo has only been out like 2 or 3 weeks, but make the books longer please if the ending is goning to leave you on the ledge for another year!

message 5: by Jana (new)

Jana | 36 comments Mod
I got my copy last week but haven't started yet! Good thing we have all of November right?!

message 6: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 36 comments Bought mine yesterday am excited !

message 7: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 36 comments Have put it down for BloodFever...don't think that is a good sign...

message 8: by Corie (new)

Ok, finally, I think I am going to get to this book. I'm excited. Though Jodie, putting it down already could be a bad sign?? But I know Allison, up above, and she loved it.

message 9: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 36 comments It wasn't bad, I was so excited to pick up Blood Fever after our book club discussion and it was at the library I just couldn't wait!

message 10: by Jana (new)

Jana | 36 comments Mod
Bought Crescendo, but didn't end up starting it. I will get it done in December though.

message 11: by Corie (new)

Me too. Same thing...

message 12: by Jodie (last edited Dec 01, 2010 07:07PM) (new)

Jodie | 36 comments My review: **Spoiler Alert**It had been so long since I read Hush Hush that I had forgotten quite a bit of it, but I do remember liking it. Yet, I was disappointed in Crescendo. It started out with promise as it told the story of Nora's father's murder, but that was it until the end. Nora's character was so whiney. Her relationship with Patch was very frustrating and I just wanted to strangle her. The drama she was creating was just too much for me. Scott made the story a little more interesting and next to Patch he was probably my favorite. I was also frustrated with Nora’s mom being gone all the time, doesn’t seem smart then Nora’s dad had only been murdered a year before…In reading the reviews so many people loved this book and only a few seemed to not, I guess on this one I fall into that category. I will be interested to hear what the rest of you think when you read it.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Rinehart | 6 comments Ok, finally finished this book. Didn't love it and I have to agree with everything Jodie wrote. I must say, the writer probably wrote a perfect 16 yr old character with all the self-imposed drama, but who wants to re-visit this in our lives?