Clean Romances discussion

Looking For... > Short Story Critiques

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Hi, everyone!

I need some brutal critiques for a short story I wrote. It's contemporary romance, super sweet, and has a few humorous moments thrown in for good measure. The title is The Locksmith's Daughter and it's very short at only 2635 words (about 5 pages). Joyce kindly read it and enjoyed it, while giving me some super helpful things to think about. I would like two or three more opinions on it. I need the critiques within a week or two, as I have a submission deadline of April 30.

If you're interested in helping me out, please post your email here or send me a private message with your email in it and I will send the DOC file (Microsoft Word).

Thank you in advance! :o)

message 2: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 81 comments Jaimey wrote: "Hi, everyone!

I need some brutal critiques for a short story I wrote. It's contemporary romance, super sweet, and has a few humorous moments thrown in for good measure. The title is The Locksmit..."

Hi Jaimey-
If you still need someone. I would be happy to help you out. my email is tifferz19@hotmail.com

Tiffany

message 3: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Thanx, Tiffany! I'll send it right over. :o)

message 4: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Well, I would send it but yahoo is acting up right now. I'll try again later today. :o)

message 5: by Danielle (last edited Apr 11, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

Danielle Johnson (danij) | 1 comments If you need any more readers, I would be happy to volunteer : )
Dani
ilovemybuckskin@yahoo.com

message 6: by TJ (new)

TJ | 48 comments OK Jaimey, since I enjoy your writing anyway, this would be a joy! Count me in if you need anyone else
musicdncr@yahoo.com

message 7: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Thank you, Dani and Tammy! I have just emailed you each a copy of my short story. I hope you enjoy it.

Have a lovely day!

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelas_library) | 7 comments Still looking for critiques? I'd be happy to help.
goodreader at angieandjim dot com

message 9: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey I would be happy to help as well! You can send it to glowingirl93@yahoo.com

message 10: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Angela and Aubrey, thank you for volunteering. The file has been sent to each of you. :o)

message 11: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Tammy wrote: "OK Jaimey, since I enjoy your writing anyway, this would be a joy!"

Wow, Tammy! You brought up some very good points. Thank you so much for taking the time to critique the story. Your comments and questions were very helpful. :o)

message 12: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Thank you, everybody, for your help and support. I have enough to work with now so I will be closing this thread to new volunteers.

Thank you again and have a lovely day! :o)