The Teen Club discussion

Suggestions > Book Types

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare D' Lune (last edited May 27, 2008 09:22AM) (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments Ok, I have an idea:

It can be hard to find a book to read that you'll love. All your friends might put 5 stars on books you hate, so how do you know what you get and what not to get? You can never tell by reading the descriptions, because it might seem like a good plot, but end up to be a boning book. What if you mom picks it up before you do and gets mad cuz its a naughty book? So how about we do this, if anyone has read a book they love, put it on here and write something like this:

Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer – Vampires – Love Story – YA- rated PG

or:

Alex Rider, by Anthony Horowitz - Spys - High Action - 14 year old british boy - danger - YA - rated PG

So that ppl can know what to expect out of it. If everyone thinks this is a horrible idea, that’s ok, you don’t have to do it… lol I’m not sure if this is stupid or not, you’ll have to tell me… : D

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) That seems like a good suggestion. Harry potter is a very good example of that. There are people who are crazy about it, people who hate it, and people(like me) who think it's okay, but not that great.

message 3: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I would say that Twilight would be about PG13...

message 4: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments really? you think so? No swear words, no sex (yet anyway... I have my doubts about the 4th book), I mean, theres not much violence either... why would it be PG13?

message 5: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Just because maybe young kids wouldn't be comfortable reading it.

message 6: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments true, but I was thinking:
G = up to 13
PG = 13 up to 16
PG13 = 16 and up
R = 20 and up

what do you think it should be?

message 7: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments Come to think of it... that doesn't really make sense cuz PG13 would mean age 13, wouldn't it?? well, idk... lool

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) How about this:

g=clean, innocent, a 5 year old could read it without parent concern(doesn't mean they would understand it)
pg=fairly innocent, maybe some cuss words (not too many) or mature topics. you could read it 10-12 and up(depending on maturity)
pg13=more cussing/mature topics than PG (enough that it would be inappropriate for anyone under 13)
R=very mature. shouldn't be read by anyone that isn't an adult/can't handle adult things

message 9: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments ok, sounds good to me ; )

message 10: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin So Twilight would be pg13, right?

message 11: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin And because there's kissing and stuff.

message 12: by Clare D' Lune (new)

Clare D' Lune | 196 comments True...

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Speaking of...isn't it really funny when bella attacks edward when the kiss...and then she faints the second time?

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 18 comments Well, Bella is rather accident prone...

message 15: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Yeah, it's funny. She can never relax when he kisses her! And accidents follow her everywhere she goes...