Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Topic in the Media > ELOV (Encore Love) Interracial Couple

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (last edited Apr 10, 2010 08:01PM) (new)

Arch  | 6617 comments Mod
I don't know how many of you have Encore. The different type of Encore. If not, ELOV/Encore Love is an Encore channel that plays romance movies.

American Sweetheart with John Cusack has just gone off 10 minutes ago. I've caught like the last five minutes of the movie.

After the movie, ELOV showed what's coming on later, which is Empire Records. I own the movie, but never watched it. Rory Cochrane/Speed is in that movie.

After a movie finishes, Encore tends to let you know what you have just watched, what's coming on next or coming on later.

Well, while they were showing at the bottom of the screen what's coming on later. They showed a black woman and white man on a beach. When she looked at him, he leaned in and they started kissing.

Encore jumped to showing Will Smith and some of his movies that's airing on Encore this month and then jumps back to the interracial couple. This time, they showed the white man putting his hand on the woman's left shoulder and pulling down her bikini strap.

Ok, someone might be wondering why I am talking about this. Well, ELOV/Encore Love is about romance. People falling in love or being in love. Well, it's nice to see a black woman/white man wearing the love shoes on a channel about love.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I've seen that on ELOVE, and I thought it was really cool, Arch.

message 3: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Arch, I seen that promo several times on that channel. Danielle, yes it very cool to see.

message 4: by Arch , Mod (new)

I agree it's cool.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Oh I don't have Encore anymore but that's awesome that they show that."

Yes it is.

message 6: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Yeah I've seen that little spot too and it shocked me for GREAT reasons. This a good sign I think. I just wish that one day IR relationships weren't seen as different or "special" just normal like everything
else.

BTW, have you guys seen that e-harmony commercial? They have an IR one with a black woman and white man kissing on a boat or something. I thought that was neat to showcase an IR couple on a dating site commercial.

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Stacy that couple in the eharmony commerical have gotten married.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I really like that eHarmony commercial.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I really like that eHarmony commercial."

It's a cute commerical.

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Cute ad.

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

Yes, ads are displaying interracial. You can even see interracial in commerical faster than you see them on TV shows or movies.

message 12: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Eugenia wrote: "I'm seeing it more and more in ads, now if it would just move over to tv shows."

Truly. But I notice a trend that when ever an IR couple is featured in a show...it somehow becomes cancelled sooner rather than later.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

Loni wrote:"Truly. But I notice a trend that when ever an IR couple is featured in a show...it somehow becomes cancelled sooner rather than later.

That's true.

message 14: by Arch , Mod (new)

I'm glad that as a writer, I can write my own sitcom.

I wish TV land would give us good interracial shows and stop being stingy.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

Eugenia wrote: "I know Arch isn't that great part about a being a writer, you can write what you like. But yes it would be nice to have a nice selection of interracial television shows."

Yes. I want to watch some good TV shows that have at least two interracial couples on it.

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Okay, I caught this on the Nordstrom website in the Wedding section and I have to say I'm noticing this more and more in advertising especially print ads.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6005464/0~2..."

That was lovely!

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Loni wrote: "Eugenia wrote: "I'm seeing it more and more in ads, now if it would just move over to tv shows."

Truly. But I notice a trend that when ever an IR couple is featured in a show...it somehow become..."

I've noticed that too.

message 18: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited Apr 19, 2010 03:42PM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) There has been ONE IR sitcom that I remember.

Do you guys remember the show in 1990 on FOX, True Colors? A black man was married to a white woman and he had two sons and she had a daughter? I was just a kid then, but I remember that show. I loved it.

The show was funny but had low ratings. I remember FOX said they felt people weren't ready for an IR sitcom. Maybe so then, but it's been 20 years and I feel folks would be more accepting.

I'd like to see a sitcom with a black woman and white man (as a married couple) one day.

I can dream can't I?

Best Wishes!

message 19: by Arch , Mod (new)

I remember True Colors.

I think that one day, we will see an interracial sitcom. Even if it has to be an internet show.

I wish American TV would be like BBCA TV. BBCA isn't afraid to have interracial couples. Black woman/white man.

That's why for now, interracial books have to stay alive.

message 20: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Oh and Wanda's old comedy show on FOX had a hint of IR in the theme. Remember the white woman had the kids by Wanda's brother. But still you didn't see the relationship on screen.

One thing I don't like is when they showcase an IR couple on a show or movie but it's after they breakup. I want to see them together, LOL!

Best Wishes!

message 21: by Yolonda (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:34PM) (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments I would like to see a family sitcom that features an IR couple and their kids. I don't know when that will happen though.

The only show I've seen most recently with an IR couple is Flashforward with John Cho & Gabrielle Union...and no one knows if his character will be killed.

message 22: by Yolonda (last edited Apr 19, 2010 05:05PM) (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments It seems like hollywood has gotten too cheap to produce a real show nowadays. I've been stuck on HGTV lately. It's your fault, Eugenia!

message 23: by Arch , Mod (new)

Pretty pictures. Thanks for sharing Eugenia.

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

For some reason, I love looking at wedding dresses. Maybe because they remind me of historical dresses, and I love historical clothing.

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Ooh, they are so photogenic. You can feel the heat b/w them.

message 26: by Arch , Mod (new)

I like looking at wedding dresses too Danielle and wedding shows. It depends on the show.

I even buy wedding books, if they are sale at the library.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Oh, yes. I am quite the wedding show watcher. :)

message 28: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Eugenia wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "For some reason, I love looking at wedding dresses. Maybe because they remind me of historical dresses, and I love historical clothing."

I love looking at w..."

Well if you do get married...first of all an early congratutions! Second...I want to see the pics!

message 29: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Nice

message 30: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (last edited May 22, 2010 12:15PM) (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 9 comments My $0.02 worth ... has anyone seen a fairly new FOX show (I believe) called PARENTHOOD? They have an interacial couple on there. BW/WM. It's about a white family (of course) Mother,Father & 4 children (grown children with kids of their own) One sister is a single parent, one brother & sister are married with children and its the younger brother that had a fling with a black girl and had a kid with her. She left with the child and return with him 5 years later to tell him he has a son. The show has been on all season.

There has been some ackward emotions in the show. Each falling all over again for each other and introduction to each family. But their relationship seem to be progressing with each episode. Now they are living together and of course with their kid. It's nice to see the affection changing on the WM face each episode as he falls deeper in love with her.

Although I like the show over all, I find myself seeking it out every Tuesday just for that couple. But you can guess their section is only a small part of the whole show.... $0.02 worth end.

message 31: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks for sharing that information Cher.

message 32: by Ѽ Cher Ѽ (new)

Ѽ Cher Ѽ  | 9 comments Not really certain which network it's on... could possible be NBC.

message 33: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments They must replay it on Saturdays because I just watched it about an hour ago.

message 34: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) I don't know where it is now. but last week parenthood was on NBC on Demand list. It is based on the movie with Steve Martin. The movie came out in the late 80's or early 90's, Keanu Reeves played a useless boyfriend.

I believe this is the second time they are trying to make it a series.

message 35: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1275 comments Eugenia wrote: "I found this page while looking at some wedding dresses. I love it.

http://junebugweddings.com/real-weddi..."

To hell with the marriage, girl just gimme some o dat cake!!!!