We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Off Topic (Non-Kleypas Chat) > Sisterhood of the Traveling Mistress

Comments Showing 1-50 of 179 (179 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Apr 10, 2010 08:32AM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) You are asking yourself: "What is the 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Mistress'?"

It all started in the "Scandalous Seduction Erotic Group" thread. I had been trying to locate a copy of Mistress of the Night by Charlotte Featherstone since I finished reading her historical erotic romance, Addicted--BTW this was my first historical romance ever and needless to say it hooked me! I digress...

I recently got a kindle and since Amazon seems to have many tough to find reads, I had high hopes that I would finally be able to read Mistress of the Night. So, exasperated with desire and need for my "Mistress", I reached out the the author, Charlotte Featherstone. Sadly, she informed me that it is out of print, but she literally has ONE copy left that she should be happy to lend to me. Once the hussies on the Scandalous Seduction thread caught on to the discovery of the elusive Mistress, they wanted in on the action.

Beloved hussy, Cheryl suggested we do something like the book The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants...and that is how the Sisterhood was born.

message 2: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Apr 11, 2010 07:10AM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Sisterhood of the Traveling Mistress

Mistress of the Night by Charlotte Featherstone

Rules of the Sisterhood:
(bold & italics indicate altered content to match our erotic sisterhood)

1.You must never wash the book .

2. You must never "dog ear" the book . It's tacky. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.

3. You must never say the word "boring" while reading the book . You must also never think to yourself "I am boring" while reading the book .

4. You must never let a boy take off your pants while reading the book (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).

5. You must not use your BOB while reading the book . You may, however, put down the book, use your BOB-then clean yourself up and continue reading the book (Alycia since you are last, you might want to disinfect book before reading) .

6. Upon our reunion, you must follow the proper procedures for documenting your time spent thinking about how fast you can tempt your man to get you out of your pants- while reading the book .

7. You must write to your sisters--no matter how much fun you are having without them about...well, about whatever you want once you finish the book, but DON'T forget to include a recipe for Charlotte. Please be sure to keep all the recipes with the book and send to Miss Charlotte when the last person is finished. She loves to cook and is planning to post the compilation when her Mistress returns .

8. You may only possess the book for the specified length of time before passing them on to one of your sisters. !!2 weeks to read 1 week for travel!! Failure to comply will result in a severe spanking upon our reunion. That last sentence was part of the original rules--but Oh! Oh! Oh! so appropriate for this group of sisters .

9. You must not criticize the book's editing--Charlotte warned us . ;-) See rule #2.

10. Remember: book = love. Love your pals. Love yourself you may take this literally--of course make sure you have your BOB handy.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ORIGINAL RULES from
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

message 3: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Jun 07, 2010 07:54PM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Where in the world is our Mistress going?

THE SIGN UP IS CLOSED & THOSE LISTED BELOW WILL BE PARTICIPATING.

1 Cherra--St. Petersburg, FL
2 Cheryl--Covington, GA
3 Kelly-- Boston, MA
4 Cyn-- Littleton, CO
5 Bekah-- Topeka, KS
6 Rachel--Sydney, Australia
7 Adrienne--Birmingham, UK
8 Heidi-- Warsaw, NY
9 Holly-- Egg Harbor Township, NJ
10 Alycia-- Ft Worth, TX

Honorary Member (She owns her own copy)
11 Beth--Don't forget to send Charlotte a recipe from Spring, TX!

Now, just a few logistics:
Charlotte will send the book to me (I will email her my address). I will read it- write down a recipe-maybe a little note-take a picture (similar to that school project someone mentioned...)-then I will send it to Cheryl. Cheryl will confirm that she received it-she will read it and repeat above process-then send it to Kelly and so on... I will mark notations next to the names when the book has left each Sister's possession. At the end, Alycia will send the book and all the recipes back to Charlotte.

message 4: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited Apr 11, 2010 07:23AM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Charlotte has scheduled Mistress' departure from historic (that is the only thing I could find for Chatham..that and bird watching), Chatham, ON, Canada for Monday, April 12, 2010.

Mistress' first stop will be in sunny, St. Petersburg, FL.

message 5: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Awesome Cherra! Thanks for organizing this and the thread! :)
I am so excited already even though the "Mistress" hasn't left Charlotte's possession yet. :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Alycia wrote: "Awesome Cherra! Thanks for organizing this and the thread! :)
I am so excited already even though the "Mistress" hasn't left Charlotte's possession yet. :)"

I know--it's gonna be fun!

message 7: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Cherra,
Have you received the "Mistress" yet?!?

...I'm dying over here :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) No. I haven't gotten it yet. I know Charlotte has been writing a lot lately. Maybe she got sucked into her scandalous fantasy world and hasn't made it to the post office yet :-)

message 9: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Probably :)
Well, keep us posted when you do receive it.

message 10: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments hey i am in Topeka KS!!!!!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) As soon as I get it, I will post it.

Thanks Bekah!

message 12: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Cherra wrote: "No. I haven't gotten it yet. I know Charlotte has been writing a lot lately. Maybe she got sucked into her scandalous fantasy world and hasn't made it to the post office yet :-)"

She told me she mailed it out I think 2 days ago.
Keep us posted Cherra!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Oh good! I am going out of town on Thursday--hope it gets here before then so I can take it with me!

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Just stopping by to check on the status of the traveling Mistress...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) I haven't gotten it yet. I emailed Charlotte last week and she said she did send the Mistress, but sometimes it takes a while to get through customs in Canada. I will post when I get her in my hands :-)

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Ok great!! I was just curious, I knew you were going out of town at some point so I wasn't sure what was going on with it. :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) of course, no problem. I would be curious too!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Hi Cherra, Just checking back to see if you got the book yet.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) No, I am a little concerned b/c Charlotte said she mailed it when I emailed her about it and that was almost 2 weeks ago. She said that sometimes things are a little slow going thru customs...didn't realize it would be *that* slow!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Hmmmmmm. We'll have to see what's going on.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Wonder if there was tracking # or delivery confirmation on te package?

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Got it! It arrived today! I will start it today or tomorrow and will let you all know when I am done...I am a fast reader so I will be able to pop it in the mail fairly quickly ;-)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Cheryl, when you get a chance, go ahead and send your mailing address to my GR inbox...so you don't have you address floating out there in cyberspace.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) I also thought that we might want to think about putting Adrienne and Rachel next to each other in the reading order since they are both on the other side of the world...UK and AUS. Or do you all think it matters? I was thinking that it might be less travel time for our Mistress...what do ya'll think?

message 25: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Oh goodie Cherra! I think putting Adrienne and Rach together in line is a good idea!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Ya, you got it.

message 27: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Yay, I'm next!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I think you should put Adrienne and Rach next to each other.. that may save a couple of weeks of traveling time!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) I flip flopped Adrienne and Heidi--that seemed to be the least disruption in the flow...everyone ok with that?

message 29: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments I'm good with that :) Not that it effects me, I don't see a problem with it.

message 30: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Cherra,
If you could give us little teasers that would be great. If you can without any spoilers.
Sorry to hear about your pet. :-(
Happy to have you back chatting with us on GR.
:-)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) sure thing! and thanks...I am gonna be hot and heavy into the Mistress tonight ;-)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Teaser numero uno:

Her pulse leapt and surged as he continued to caress her neck, his fingers, light and teasing trailed down her throat, stopping at the peak of her breast, only to travel back up the column of her throat.

"Tell me, " he said, bringing her back tight against his chest, his tongue hot and teasing flicked along her bounding pulse. "What is it you desire?"

Her brain screamed that it was him she wanted. That she wanted his kiss...

..."God, how I want this, " he said thickly, stroking his thumb along her nipple, making it pebble hard. "And this." he slid his hand down her bodice to the flat plane of her belly where he kneaded the small mound. " And this, " his voice was a low rumble in her ear as his fingers traced the curls of her sex through her thin gown. "I want this so much. So much so that I cannot sleep. So much that I am constantly thinking of you, of your lips, your flame red hair, they way your skin feels. So much that I lie awake, hard and aroused, torturing myself with thoughts of how you will feel beneath my hands, my lips, my body. I dream of how you will taste, Madeline. I dream of the taste of your sex, the feel of you on my tongue. Tell me, would you let me taste the desire I create within you?"

message 33: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Wow! thanks Cherra... can't wait to get my hands on this!!!!!!!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Mmmmmmmm this sounds really good.

message 35: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 1478 comments Thanks for sharing Cherra! I can't wait!!

message 36: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments hope your girls are fast readers. LOL
Thanks Cherra!

message 37: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Kelly you are after me... I'm going to get to it and read it as quick as I can so I can send it your way... once I get it that is!

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) I will probably be able to finish it tonight. I will let you all know when I send it--but I am planning to put it in the mail to Cheryl on Monday!

message 39: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Sounds great! No rush, we did say each person may have it for up to two weeks! :)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) Yes, but I know everyone is excited...

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) So, you will all be pleased that the Mistress went to the beach today...thought you might like to see her...

message 42: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments No Fair!!!!!! :P

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) but guess what? I am all done and I am gonna stick it in the mail to you tomorrow!

message 44: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Yay!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Very hot Cherra.

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) my husband's idea...he thought "Mistress" needed some boobs in the picture. Men...

message 47: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Cherra wrote: "my husband's idea...he thought "Mistress" needed some boobs in the picture. Men..."

Haahahahaaa! That sounds just like a man!

message 48: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 213 comments Love the Bikini matching the book!!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Looks like you already have a nice tan.

message 50: by I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (last edited May 16, 2010 06:25PM) (new)

I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com) (ibookienookie) kelly--it was a nice coincidence that they matched...I think it made for a better picture!

thanks cyn--I have dark skin anyway, but I am always outside in the summer...I do still wear my sunscreen tho...

« previous 1 3 4