All The Books You've Never Read discussion

General > -Reviews-

Comments Showing 1-50 of 186 (186 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

There are many topics talking about books. We mention that we are reading this book and people ask what we thought of it or to let us know what we think.

Well, here is where we can post reviews of the books read and have a huge conversation about it. Just a continuation of reviews.

Post your review here or a link to your review and we can talk about it more in depth. Just keep a rolling posting of many reviews!

Have fun!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 12, 2010 10:36AM) (new)

http://literarydaydreams.blogspot.com...

Here is my link to a Review of Stardust by Neil Gaiman!!!

message 3: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) I can't open your blog!

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) shouldnt we make a folder for that?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I fixed the link... sorry, I was updating the fixing the blog last night and forgot to change the link.

*No. It wont be a ever long review if we all have separate folders. That and most people (like me) wont look at every folder.*

message 6: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) my review of Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
I thought this book was amazing

This is the story of Naomi
(Nomi, for friends, and Chief for her best)

She was going down the stairs with a very valuable camera and
she fell hard
on her head.
she's amnesiac now.
She cant remember anything in the last 4 years:
her parents' divorce
her new home
her boyfriend
everything, GONE

Without her memory,
she tries to piece everything together.

She now has James
(not giving any details)
who has his own problems himself...

What will the end be?

* I have to say I really liked this part:
"You forget all of it anyway. First, you forget everything you learned-the dates of the Hay-Herran Treaty and Pythagorean Theorem. You especially forget everything you didn't really learn, but just memorized the night before. You forget the names of all but one or two of your teachers, and eventually you'll forget those, too. You forget your junior class schedule and where you used to sit and your best friend's home phone number and the lyrics to that song you must have played a million times. For me, it was something by Simon & Garfunkel. Who knows what it will be for you? And eventually, but slowly, oh so slowly, you forget your humiliations-even the ones that seemed indelible just fade away. You forget who was cool and who was not, who was pretty, smart, athletic, and not. Who went to a good college. Who threw the best parties Who could get you pot. You forget all of them. Even the ones you said you loved, and even the ones you actually did. They're the last to go. And then once you've forgotten enough, you love someone else."

The ending was kind of...uncertain, i didnt get what happened

message 7: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Well I think that's a really good review for the first part. And that part that you put on there that you really liked, that's pretty cool. I like that part too. Lol :))

message 8: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments I liked Will and his weird music.

message 9: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ZakkAttackk 3•6•0 wrote: "Well I think that's a really good review for the first part. And that part that you put on there that you really liked, that's pretty cool. I like that part too. Lol :))"

thanks C=

message 10: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Avi (Dra•ja) wrote: "I liked Will and his weird music."

me too, he was interesting

message 11: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 551 comments it was sad that Naomi didn't remember him. Good she didnt 'member Ace though

message 12: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) yeah he was soo irritating!

message 13: by Cara (new)

Cara | 9 comments This is a cool folder to have. Well if anybody have any books they want to know more about and I have review on it I'll post it. Right now I can't think of any I really want to post....maybe later I'll be thinking more clearly.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been thinking about reading that one Leonor. I'm glad you picked that book for posting your review on. :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

My Review for Night Embrace By Sherrilyn Kenyon.

message 16: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** The Devouring (The Devouring, #1) by Simon Holt
I just finished this book today. i really enjoyed it. It had a good story and was an easy ya book to read.

Reggie is a 16 year old girl who lives with here younger brother Henry and her father who are all coping with having her mother leave them recently.
Reggie is a horror book fanatic and works in a creepy book store part time and will unpacking books comes across a book that is hand written called the Devouring and is about these things called Vours.
Thinking nothing of Reggie reads the story to her brother about how the Vours will Devour the souls and feed upon ones fears on Sorry Night and thinks nothing of it until she realizes that the Vours and taken her brother and she has to enter Henry's worth fears to save him from having the Vours take over him completely and she has forever lost her brother.

I gave this book 4/5 stars and would definitely recommend it for reading. For the most part the book could be read in 1-3days.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen a lot of people have been adding this book to there lists. Thanks for posting your review.

message 18: by Zakiya (last edited Apr 14, 2010 01:19PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks from me too! And great reviews from everyone! :)

message 19: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) finished Lover Enshrined today and i have to say it isnt as good as the other books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series but some of the chapters i really loved like John Matthew and Qhuinn's chapters and the last chapter from Phury's POV was really good too as i almost cried i found it very touching

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I see very mixed reviews about the black dagger series. I've yet to pick up one of the books. Would you recommend the series?

message 21: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) oh definately out of the 6 of the books i have read so far i would say there is 2 books wasnt the best books but very good none the less and as for the rest they are one of my all time favourite

message 22: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i finished Strange Angels today and although there was good parts there was also a lot of boring points as well

message 23: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) last night i finished Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story and i really did love it, its the best out of the series even if its not an actual part of the series rather side story. i thought it was very sweet and beautifully written i also cried!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "last night i finished Father Mine: Zsadist and Bella's Story and i really did love it, its the best out of the series even if its not an actual part of the series rather side story. ..."

It looks like that is a Kindle only. Only for VIP.

I posted a small review of a Spirited Away. I 5 series Graphic novel written by one of Japans top animation directors Hayao Miyazaki.

Working on my Tithe review now.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

message 26: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) wow that definitively will make that book go to the end of my TBR

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

A lot of people really like the book. I understand that it is a fun read but I want to be able to be transported into the book. Not yelling at it.

message 28: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "A lot of people really like the book. I understand that it is a fun read but I want to be able to be transported into the book. Not yelling at it."

i never liked Tithe either i found it slow and boring no attachment to the characters

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad you agree with me on Tithe. I usually seem to be the oddity when everyone loves the book.

message 30: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) finished Lover Avenged i love this book although i did skip over certain parts but i still loved it

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Why did you skip over some parts?

message 32: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) there were part like the Lessers which i dont like and plus the stuff with the death/funeral/coffins was too much for me as i have to deal with that myself this year so i didnt want to be reminded too much

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Books about death seem to be ones to read when you can appreciate them.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "I'm glad you agree with me on Tithe. I usually seem to be the oddity when everyone loves the book."

Count me in. The series was so(?) famous so I thought the books were great, but unfortunately, they weren't.
If you plan to read the next book, Valiant, I wouldn't do it. It was even worse than Tithe.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the warning. I'm sure I can waste my time on better books.

message 36: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) check out my review for Inkheart: http://ayundabhuwana.wordpress.com/20...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "Thanks for the warning. I'm sure I can waste my time on better books."

You're welcome :)

message 38: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ayundabs wrote: "check out my review for Inkheart: http://ayundabhuwana.wordpress.com/20..."

great review! is that blog in english or in indonesian or in both?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Love the review. Another series I've not had a chance to read.

message 40: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "Love the review. Another series I've not had a chance to read."

Thanks! I hope you can read them someday :)

Paperd0ll *the phantom of the violin* wrote: "ayundabs wrote: "check out my review for Inkheart: http://ayundabhuwana.wordpress.com/20..."

great review! is that blog in english or in indonesian or in both?"

thanks!
both. check out for more updates! :)

message 41: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) ill follow you too C=
i think ill have to start posting book reviews in mine or itll be eeeeeempty

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been too busy to post some book reviews. I'll try to get some up this week.

message 43: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Yes and I think I will start posting some reviews of the books that I've been reading lately. :)

message 44: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Sorry but i don't have links for blogs or anything...But here is my review for Beautiful Creatures.
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia

I enjoyed this book very much. I thought the story was fantastic.

Ethan Wate, a teen who can't wait to get out of his small town Gatlin, has been having these crazy dreams about a mysterious girl and wakes up with unexplainable messes of dirt in his bed. His whole world takes a new turn when the mysterious girl from the dreams moves into Gatlin, Lena Duchannes. Ethan can't stop thinking about her and is shown a whole a new world that he never knew existed. Ethan is helping Lena, who is to celebrate her sweet sixteen, only it's not coming as an easy task, for the fear that she will become a Dark Caster. Ethan will do all in his power to help Lena change the curse of her family so she can choose her path to go light and so in the end they truly can be together.

I gave this book a 4/5 stars and would definitely recommend it for reading.

message 45: by [deleted user] (last edited May 10, 2010 06:22AM) (new)

Love the review!! Love the book!!

message 46: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Okay so here is my next review for Hush, Hush!!!!!

This book was phenomenal. I loved every part of it.

Everything in Nora Grey's life begins to change the day her seating in biology changes and she is partnered with Patch. Everywhere she goes Patch mysteriously appears and all of a sudden it seems like someone is out to get her. Only thing is, when anything happens all evidence just disappears. Nora begins to believe Patch has something to do with it but she is torn between her fear of Patch and the undeniable draw she has to want him so bad. Then there is the new guy Elliot and his friend Jules (who always seems to disappear) that doesn't give off the right vibe. Just when Patch let's Nora into the deep dark secrets of his life, she has to fear the worst for her best friend Vee, who is alone with Elliot and Jules.

I loved this book would definitely recommend it to anyone. I gave this book 5/5 starts!!!!!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

5 Starts LOL!

I agree this book was amazing and completely different then anything I have read lately or ever. Great Review.

message 48: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "5 Starts LOL!

I agree this book was amazing and completely different then anything I have read lately or ever. Great Review."

LOL yes 5 starts.....I wont even edit that just bewcause it is a funny misprint on my part lol!!

message 49: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Soulstice (The Devouring, #2) by Simon Holt

My review for Soulstice (The Devouring 2)

This books and the second book in the series for the Devouring. I enjoyed it.

It's been six months since Reggie saved her brother Henry from the Vour that inhabited him. The school year is coming to the end and summer will be starting and summer solstice will be here. Weird things begin to happen and they soon find the Vours have plans for the summer solstice but Reggie need to find a way to stop it. This time the Vours have bigger plans than just entering humans bodies and torturing people with their worst fears. Reggie needs to find out what the Vours plans are for summer solstice and save herself and everyone else.

I gave this book 4/5 stars and would recommend the series!!!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

My review of Wake. Finally!

« previous 1 3 4