Delirity discussion

Author W-Z > Black Dagger Brotherhood - J.R. Ward

Comments Showing 1-50 of 300 (300 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Heather (last edited Aug 24, 2013 09:08PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Feel free to discuss the series here, but remember to list the title of the book you're referring to next to the word spoiler if you're giving anything away.

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) by J.R. Ward The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #12) by J.R. Ward

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments This series is super good and very addicting. When I first found them only 5 books were out. I read them right in a row in a week. Then had to wait a year for new ones.

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela B I'm glad I just found them after Christmas and bought the box set of 6 of the books, no waiting for the next book to come out, I hate that

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Angela if you bought the box set, there is one more you need (Lover Avenged) before the new one comes out next month.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela B Welll I have only read two of them read so far so I have time :)

message 6: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Angela wrote: "Welll I have only read two of them read so far so I have time :)"

For sure, but I hated for you to miss one because a lot happened in that last one that I think the new one will have the consequences.

message 7: by Heather (new)

I'm on book 4 right now. They're great. Normally when books switch character perspectives it takes me a while to get into the new person, but Ward does a great job of keeping the story flowing. She adds a few scenes where you get to view things from the perspective of the person that will be featured in the next story so you're able to slowly get acclimated to the new person without really knowing that that's what she's doing. Very wise of her.

***Spoiler***(Lover Revealed)

I love that he gets away with asking the SV questions and the rest of the guys are freaking out.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela B Darcy wrote: "Angela wrote: "Welll I have only read two of them read so far so I have time :)"

For sure, but I hated for you to miss one because a lot happened in that last one that I think the new one will hav..."

Ahhh that makes me want to get caught up even more but I don't want to get behind in my challenges...ooohhh what to do what to do!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Lover Unbound -

What Ward does so well in her other books - the mixing of perspectives to slowly get you use to the next person - seemed a little over done in this one. I still loved the story, but I feel like I should have gotten more of V and Jane. I get why she goes back to John, but there was just a little too much of Phury in the book. There were moments when I almost forgot that V was the focus of this book. Also, the ending... umm... I'm not sure how I feel about what happens with Jane.

message 10: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I agree with you Heather about the ending, it seems like a cop out.

message 11: by Heather (new)

It seems like as the stories are going on she's making the plots more complicated and drifting further from the couples. Which, I don't normally mind, but I got use to her pattern and now that she's changing it I have to adjust.

I did like that Unbound drifted from the lessers a bit, but I'm not liking what's going on with Qhuinn in Enshrined right now. (I'm almost half way through.)

message 12: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments The books have changes from PNR to UF with romance on the side.

message 13: by Heather (new)

I don't understand how you all know the difference between them all. =)

Phury needs a kick in the butt.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments The way things were explained to me was that PNR romance is the focus and has a HEA, while UF may have romance in them, but it isn't the focus of the book.

message 15: by Heather (new)

I really liked Lover Avenged. I loved Rev, but I wanted to slap John. He wasn't suppose to change.

Book 1 was my favorite of the series, but 2 and 7 were my next favorites.

message 16: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series i am on Lover Enshrined which isnt my favourite but its still good as i love JM and Qhuinn in this book. cant wait for Lover Mine which i actually pre-ordered

message 17: by Heather (new)

JM is going to really piss you off a bit in the next book. Qhuinn is fun for some reason. I'd never fall for a guy like that in real life, but he's fun to read about.

message 18: by Heather (new)

Lover Mine comes out on the 27th of this month. If you pre-order it from Amazon you'll get it for $9.99. Once it comes out it'll be $25 dollars. If it's one you want to buy get it before the release date.

message 19: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "JM is going to really piss you off a bit in the next book. Qhuinn is fun for some reason. I'd never fall for a guy like that in real life, but he's fun to read about."

I agree with you about Qhuinn, he is so full of live and wants to live it to the fullest.

message 20: by Heather (new)

Lover of Mine was yummy. (If you liked the previous ones.) I love Xhex and JM. The whole Qhuinn thing is making me wonder about the topic of the next book. I like that it all kind of ties together at the end, but you know what's going on pretty soon since you have background info the characters didn't. Also, I wish I hadn't read Ward's site before reading the book. She gave away a hug subplot and took away the curiosity that would have normally been there for me.

message 21: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Heather wrote: "Lover of Mine was yummy. (If you liked the previous ones.) I love Xhex and JM. The whole Qhuinn thing is making me wonder about the topic of the next book. I like that it all kind of ties together ..."

I have been avoiding all talk about this book. I do say that most people have been great about being general with updates on their status updates, for which I am glad.

message 22: by Heather (new)

I really wanted to be specific, but since only one other person has read it in the group I forced myself to be vague.

message 23: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Go ahead and be specific. You are great about marking spoilers so then I just skip ahead.

message 24: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I finished Lover Mine yesterday and it was really good!! There was all sorts of good stuff in there and somethings that confused me. I was happy to see Blay's actions. Qhuinn, while I love him, deserves to have that happen to him.

message 25: by Angela (new)

Angela B I might have to finally get to the 3rd one...

message 26: by Jasmine (last edited Jun 28, 2010 10:49AM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I loved Rhage in Lover Eternal.

**SPOILER FOR LOVER ETERNAL**

I like how the beast kind of had a crush on Mary, LOL. I thought it was cute in some odd way. One of my favorite parts of the book was when two of the men were freaking out because the beast was near Mary, and she just goes up and pets it, ahahah.

message 27: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Ok, I have a question. I read the first BDB book, and I really didn't like it. It felt like I was reading fan fiction if you know what I mean. I think a lot of the problem was how unrealistic the beginning of the romance was.
***Spoiler for first book***

First off the bad guys (I can't remember their names) were just not scary and their parts bored me. Then the romance was like OMG, I think this man wants to kill me! OMG he is so hot I think I want to f**k him, and then they have mad sex. I like the build up to a relationship in a book. With witty banter and the attraction grows until the sexual tension is unbearable. I know Heather gets what I mean. So my question is; do any of the books take on that pattern? I bought the ebooks over a year ago (I think I got 6 or 7 at the time), and they have just been sitting on my computer. Almost all of my GR friends love this series, so I would be willing to give the other books a try if they change up a bit.

message 28: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I would say that since you have the books give them a try. If you don't like the second one then the series isn't for you.

message 29: by Heather (new)

Some of the relationships are fast and some build up. She gets better at it with the last 3 or 4 books building up to Lover Mine with the tension. However, the tension building is from a side story and not the main characters relationship. The characters in book 4 and 8 get the biggest builds, book 8's getting the best.
The bad guys bored me too. They start to become more interesting as the books go on since you get to know one or two of them, but at first I skipped the parts. I think you'll like the next ones a little better, but I don't think you'll fall in love with the series and get addicted or anything from your past history.

message 30: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Thanks Darcy and Heather. Well they are pretty fast reads so I will give at least the next one a shot. I just hate to feel like I've wasted my time after reading a book.

message 31: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I know what you mean Carrie, books should come with a time back guarentee like a money back guarentee. :)

message 32: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Lol, that would be great!

message 33: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I agree with Heather about the Lessers getting more interesting as the books go on. Towards the last couple of books I was grossed out (in a good way) of what they were doing to others.

message 34: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I find I skim on the parts with the Lessers.

message 35: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments So I am almost halfway through the second book. It's maybe a bit better, but I still speed through the Mr. X and O people. They are just boring IMO.

message 36: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments For me those are boring, until around the last 3/4 books of the series.

message 37: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments OK....I just finished the first book.Wrath ans Beth.
I was not sure if I was going to like the fact that she skips between storys..Beth,Butch,M.X but by the end when everything fits its really cool.
I did not see how any of the sex in this book would make people blusj though.I mean NH made me blush these were clean compared to thoes. Anyways thank you everyone for saying I should read these book's...I began the second one this morning at work so we shall see. :0)

message 38: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 12, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments You thought these were cleaner? I feel like the NH one's are a lott more cleaner. . .ahaha. I thought that the BDB one's are usually very smutty (except for Phury's book. . .if I remember correctly, that's pretty clean.)

message 39: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments Yeah I did not blush at all reading Wrath an Beth like I did when I read Bones an Cat...But I am only on book 2 so I have NO clue about the rest.My view may change..

message 40: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I don't ever literally blush (I have only blushed, I believe, once in my life), but I thought they were a lot more steamier then C&B, loll. I love how people have completely different opinions on the same books! After reading the second let us know if you still feel that way. :)

message 41: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments I will.. I am sooo glad that I began the BDB. At first I was not sure but after reading the first I am glad that I listen to everyone here :0).Thanks for another great series....

message 42: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 12, 2010 01:24PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 827 comments This was one series that I had absolutely no interest in until I heard over and over again about Zhadist and Bella's story, which is book 3 I think? It doesn't hurt that several people picture Zhadist as Wentworth Miller...he's quite attractive.

Talk about a long wait at the library to get the books in though! I've been waiting for book 1 for weeks now. This might end up being a series I have to purchase for the Nook.

message 43: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments Zhadist is one of the reasons i was interested in continuing the series. I was interested in finding out more about him.

message 44: by Brandee (new)

Brandee | 80 comments Now that I keep hearing about him I can't wait to get to book three....

message 45: by Heather (new)

Haha. I think what made you blush during NH, at least for me, was the talk. Not the action itself. It's the words the come out of Bones' mouth and the way he says it that evokes the reaction.
Although, one of the BDB boys is into the whole "beat me" thing. Although, I think he's normally the beater...

message 46: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments You are so right Heather, that is what made me blush! When Bones was "teaching" Cat how to talk and act without blushing, I almost died!

message 47: by Angela (new)

Angela B I haven't read cat and bones but to me the bdb books aren't that bad, of course I read LKH soooo yeah maybe I'm a bad judge

message 48: by Heather (new)

After LKH everything looks tame. And like I've told you 100 times already - GET READING!
I'm officially assigning you homework!

message 49: by Angela (new)

Angela B I keep meaning too but I can't seem to fit the first book into a challenge or anything (atleast I don't think I can I'll have to look the first one up again and double check) I am trying to do most my challenges first

message 50: by Heather (new)

Woman? Weapon? Blue? Vampire? Ghost? ...sort of... Assassin?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6