The Dark Hunter World discussion

Off Topic > Chitty Chitty Chit Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly (velvetsun) | 119 comments Mod
Feel free to chat about whatever you like here.

Just remember to keep it PG13, please :)

message 2: by valee (new)

valee I'm so happy you started this group Holly. I didn't liked the Sherrilyn Kenyon group that was out there. Too many members and not well organized. Also it wasn't about this series specifically which is the one I feel like talking about. Great organization Holly.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I agree with Vale. I was in that other group, what was it Kenyon Minions? And I never did anything in there because it was just a HUGE group. I like smaller groups much better and groups, like this one, that focus on one specific thing. Good job, Holly! :D

message 4: by Holly (new)

Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "I agree with Vale. I was in that other group, what was it Kenyon Minions? And I never did anything in there because it was just a HUGE group. I like smaller groups much better and groups, like this..."

Thanks!
I was a member of Kenyon's Minions too, and I felt overwhelmed every time I went there. So...i thought I would make an alternative.
I'm so happy you ladies are here. :)

message 5: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Happy to be here, Holly!
Yeah, I felt overwhelmed too so I never did anything. Everytime I'd click into it, I'd look around and then leave because I didn't know where to start. LOL

message 6: by valee (new)

valee exactly!

message 7: by Holly (new)

Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "Happy to be here, Holly!
Yeah, I felt overwhelmed too so I never did anything. Everytime I'd click into it, I'd look around and then leave because I didn't know where to start. LOL"

Yep. That was me, too. Plus, when I tried to comment on something it was always ignored, because there were just SO many people in the group that they got buried.

I'm happy with my little group. LOL

message 8: by Sans (new)

Sans I'm happy with this group too! I think this will be a fantastic place for me to finally get into the series.

message 9: by Holly (new)

Sans wrote: "I'm happy with this group too! I think this will be a fantastic place for me to finally get into the series."

I'm so glad, Sans. :)

message 10: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 5 comments Great idea to start this group! I agree that the other one was too big and overwhelming as well! Can't wait to chat with you guys! : )

message 11: by Holly (new)

Meredith919 wrote: "Great idea to start this group! I agree that the other one was too big and overwhelming as well! Can't wait to chat with you guys! : )"

Yay! Another new member!
Welcome. Can't wait to chat with you. :)

message 12: by Stav (new)

Stav (voliotisa) | 13 comments Just a thought, but if anyone needs the short stories from the anthologies, I have most of them saved in a email somewhere (as attachments).

Let me know and I'll be glad to send them.

message 13: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 5 comments Thanks Stav! You sent them to me a while ago and I haev all of them saved as well if you can't find them! : )

message 14: by Holly (new)

I make take someone's offer up, as I have only read a couple of the short stories.
Thanks, ladies. :)

message 15: by Holly (new)

Hi ladies,
Hope you're having a nice weekend. We're up to 44 members, which i find rather exciting. I was thinking maybe 20 people would join. LOL

message 16: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) There is a new UK website: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.co.uk

This one seems a little less crowded and easier to navigate. I think I'll be using this one from now on but then I'm from the UK!

message 17: by Holly (new)

Amy or "Ames" wrote: "There is a new UK website: http://www.sherrilynkenyon.co.uk

This one seems a little less crowded and easier to navigate. I think I'll be using this one from now on but then I'm from the UK!"

Thanks for the info. :)

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments So i got my Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Today, so excited about this book so i can finally say i have read this!!!

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Angela wrote: "So i got my Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Today, so excited about this book so i can finally say i have read this!!!"

LOL! I hope you like it. A lot of people don't like this one (I love it!), but even if it's not your favorite, don't quit with the series. The books get better and better as they go.

message 20: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 5 comments I agree with Leah. The first one is a little different than the rest. Julian isnt a "dark hunter" but I think you will like it! The second book really starts the series for me with Talon's story!

message 21: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) The second book, Night Pleasures, is the first book that's actually about a Dark-Hunter, Kyrian. But, You definitely need Fantasy Lover because it introduces Julian who shows up in like all the rest of the books to help the Dark-Hunters and so you'll obviously want to know Julian and Grace's story. Plus, it intriduces Selena and she and her sisters are always in the books.

message 22: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 5 comments Whoops, Talon's is 3rd not second! Sorry!!! : )

message 23: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) LOL. No problem, Meredith. It's an easy mistake to make :)

message 24: by Holly (new)

Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "Angela wrote: "So i got my Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Today, so excited about this book so i can finally say i have read this!!!"

LOL! I hope you like it. A lot of people don't like this o..."

Still one of my favorites. I just <3 Julien. :)

message 25: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I totally agree, Holly. Fantasy Lover is the first one I read from the series, and it still has a special place in my heart. Plus, Julian is just totally awesome (Although, if I had to choose between him and Kyrian, I would pick Kyrian! LOL).

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Yeah i LOved Loved Loved this book Fantasy Lover , i loved it so much i want to read them all now :)
*shower scene* i can't think of any thing else after i read that..lol.. Kyrian is not dead??? wow i am super excited now!!

message 27: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) They are all fantastic, Ang. I can hardly think of anything but the shower scene after I read it, too! LOL. Yeah, it's technically a "secret", but since the next book is about him, I don't think it's spoiling anything to say that Kyrian isn't dead, LOL. Seriously, Kyrian is one of my favorite Dark-Hunters and Night Pleasures is one of my favorites of the series. So. Sexy.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments yay yay yay cool i can't wait.. Will we have to read this together in our little group reads...lol.

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Definitely! I will totally be glad to re-read Kyrian again :)

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments So i got the next 4 hunter books out from the library :)
i loved the first one,i am wanting to start the second book 2morrow sometime.. yay!

message 31: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Awesome, Ang! You are going to love it. I know you are :D

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments I hope so..lol. if it was anything like fantasy lover im sure i will.lol.*shower scene* i think i am never going to forget about it..lol

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) It's even better than Fantasy Lover, IMO. Ang, that shower scene is forever ingrained in my head, and apparently yours too, LOL

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Oh Yes ot is lol, cool i think i might start it today once om finished our book which is real awesome by the way!!

message 35: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) LOL sounds like a plan! I know, I have no homework yet again today so I am planning on reading the rest of our book today. After Jeopardy. LOL

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Sounds like an awesome plan..lol
Yeah i thought while we we wait for jas to get the second book in the alien huntress series i will attack some of the dark hunter series..lol.

message 37: by GinBee (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4 comments Leah *~*Pherocious*~* wrote: "It's even better than Fantasy Lover, IMO. Ang, that shower scene is forever ingrained in my head, and apparently yours too, LOL"

I love it when people say the rest of a series is even better than the great book I've just read - makes me want more :)

Oh and I'm joining in on the shower scene appreciation!

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Ang, I'm with you on that, but I have to catch on some of my April challenge books while we wait for Jas to get the second Alien Huntress book, LOL

Jen, seriously, the books just get better as they go. There has only been like 3 that were just kinda "Eh" for me, but the series is fantastic. And, I think that anyone who doesn't appreicate that shower scene is crazy. I mean, really. How could you *not* love it? :P

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone like Kenyon's League Series? I've only read the first two but boy I loved them both!

message 40: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Elyssa, I lovelovelove the League series. I've read all three and they are fantastic. I'm actually re-reading Born of Fire now, LOL

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I know... I have to go and buy them so I can re-read. Well, finish them and then re-read. I borrowed them from the library the first time but these books are so that I could easily re-read them every year.

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Awesome to hear so much good review on these books i am going to start the first one tonight :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Born of Night was so good that I had to make myself slow down because I wanted the book to last just a bit longer. I hope you enjoy it!

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) I own all three of them so I can read them anytime I want to, LOL. They are so fantastic, though :)

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Ok you guys want me to start reading it now!!!
haha they look like small book i could have it done in a day then continue with my dark hunters hahaha

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL! I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Speaking of reading. I need to get off. I have to get The Last Song read for a different book group.

message 47: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) Ang, you coulda easily read it in a day so read it before you start the other DH books you've got! LOL

Have fun, Elyssa! ;)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

Happy Reading!

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) | 295 comments Have fun Elyssa!
Yeah i so could but i don't wanna stop chatting to you..lol. cos it has been awhile..lol. I wonder where jas is these days??

message 50: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahkarge) LOL. I don't wanna stop talking to you either so I haven't read at all today, LOL. I don't know where Jas is. I miss her, though.

« previous 1 3 4