Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Clan of The Cave Bear (non-Spoiler)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth' Children #1) by Jean M. Auel Another book, and series Rhonda, Heather and I are planning on reading. If you wanna read along, let us know, and we can figure out a start date.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Mine's packed now....you may have to read without me.

message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Heather wrote: "Mine's packed now....you may have to read without me."

We wont be reading it for a while. Lots of time. WE WILL NOT READ WITHOUT YOU!!!!

message 4: by EvaS (new)

EvaS (evikes) | 70 comments I'm in (of course) but maybe in a few months.... need to read ABOSAA & Echo first (Outlander)...

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Sounds good. I'll probably have my books unpacked my the end of June....yes, I'm quite sad.

message 6: by EvaS (new)

EvaS (evikes) | 70 comments Why are you sad Heather????

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Because I can't read any of my books until I unpack them. They're going into storage for a couple months.

message 8: by EvaS (new)

EvaS (evikes) | 70 comments Oh.. sorry about that... I feel your pain :^(

message 9: by Jesslynn (new)

Jesslynn | 70 comments Hey did you guys read this book? I think I saw it at the used book store and will go back and p/u if you guys liked it? thoughts?

message 10: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I have the entire series, I haven't started it yet. I've heard its a fantastic series though.

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) Haven't started it either...but this lady I know (her hubby works with me) liked them so much, they named their daughter after the main girl.

message 12: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

is this the same lady who loves Outlander and Into The Wilderness?

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) No. This lady doesn't work with me... I met her at the staff b-b-q. Her husband works with me though.

message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh. Darn. I thought her opinion would be good as gold if it were.

message 15: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

When we gonna start these books... Maybe a great group read is exactly what is needed in our end of summer slumps?

message 16: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_b) I think that's a great idea, Shell! I'm up for it :)

message 17: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Cool.. Everyone whom wants to join in.. Post here.. Then we can set a start date.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 35 comments I tried a few years ago to read this series..and I just couldnt get into it..3 times I tried!..maybe I was in a "Shell-Slump" mode..if I can find it at the used book store Im in..maybe better read with others?

message 19: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

That's what I was thinking... 'Shell-Slump'... Lol.. LOVE that. Maybe I should market it?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 35 comments NNNOOOO....I cant stand it when it creeps up on me!!
Its SO frustrating!!!

message 21: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ya.. me too.

message 22: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

So I think we have decided to start this series in a group read starting January... Jump in when you can.. when the holiday crazies calm down for you... This will be the 'Non Spoiler' thread... I will create the full discussion 'Spoiler' Thread closer to the read.

message 23: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments so we start reading in january?

message 24: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Yes... So we arent all rushed with obtaining the book and christmas..

message 25: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments haha okay

message 26: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 143 comments OMG! I got such a rush yesterday. At my local Library Booksale, I scored 4 out of 5 books from this series, all hardcovers for $2.00 a piece... But dang! they are thick even thicker than the Outlander Books.

message 27: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Sweet.. Im jeolous. Great find Wan.

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 26 comments I am up for it talked to a friend of mine and she said yes you have to read this so count me in

message 29: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Awesome.. So happy your joining Donna.

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 26 comments Just looked it up on Amazon wow that is a big book but In my opinion bigger the better:)

message 31: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Me too... I love a big book. Often times I search them out..

message 32: by VWrulesChick (new)

VWrulesChick I will not give any spoilers at this time as I have already this book. I look forward to you all discovering this series (Earth Children) by Jean M Auel and discussing the characters and the events/storylines.

Yes, it is a thick read, but this first book is laying the foundation for the rest of the series. Enjoy :)

message 33: by Karin Elisabeth (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomkarinelisabeth) | 26 comments I read the whole series in German a few years back and as far as I remember it's the second book in this series I enjoyed most. So, if you don't mind a few mistakes in my comments (grammar, spelling)I'd like to give it a try in English.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I've tried to read this book a few times over the years and I could never get into it. I don't know what happened to my old copy. I might be in if I can get it used.

message 35: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments How does this group read thing work. Are we trying to finish this book before January? Or do we read it in January and then start the discussion when we're done?

message 36: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

We read it in January... and discuss during and after on the 'spoiler' thread... I think...

message 37: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

So when do we wanna start this? The 15th?

message 38: by Leea (new)

Leea Yeah!! I'm kinda scared to read it... not sure why but glad i will read it with you ladies ;)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll get this from the library. I noticed they have several copies in the system. If we are starting on the 15th I will request it closer to that time. It does look like a challenging read. Hopefully, reading it with you all will help me get through it :)

message 40: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Okay, so this group read starts on the 15th? I've read this series a hundred times, it's one of my favorites, but the final one comes out in March so I'm definitely rereading.

message 41: by Leea (new)

Leea Wendy, sounds like you like them... i was wondering if the new book to be released was the last. Wow! I really cannot wait to read it.

message 42: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Finally! This series was the worst. I started reading it when I was about 12 and it's almost a decade between book releases. Shelters of Stone (book 5) came out 9 years ago. Until next March that was the last one written.

message 43: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Saweet~ So I guess it's a great time to get into the series for us Clan Virgins huh? Good timing~ Lol

message 44: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) It's a perfect time, ha!

message 45: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments I started this book last night. I hope to finish it before Shadowfever is released next Tuesday.

message 46: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) man, it's excellent! I'll start Clan after I finish The Lost Hero.

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 47: by Leea (new)

Leea Oh yeahhhh... Can't wait to read this with you ladies :) How do you like it so far Kay?

ps. i cant wait for Shadowfever :):)

message 48: by Kay (new)

Kay (calikay) | 1216 comments Leea wrote: "Oh yeahhhh... Can't wait to read this with you ladies :) How do you like it so far Kay?

ps. i cant wait for Shadowfever :):)"

So far not bad. There's not much dialogue but that doesn't take away from anything. I'm only about 70 pages into it but I can tell it will be epic.

I can't wait for Shadowfever. I need my Barrons fix bad!!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Wendy wrote: "man, it's excellent! I'll start Clan after I finish The Lost Hero.

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan"

I bought that book right when it came out and I still haven't gotten to it. I hear it's good.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This month has been a bit off kilter for sticking to any sort of planned reading, but I hope to participate in some future group reads.

Are we doing a vote for the Feb. read soon, so I know to plan for it?

« previous 1