You Debate, We De Sharks discussion

Religion > God

Comments Showing 1-50 of 879 (879 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) | 295 comments Mod
Do you believe He exists? What is your opinion about Him?

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 106 comments God is real. Jesus is real. The Holy Spirit is real. And they're the only people who can save you from an eternity in hell. I know where I'm going after I die.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Guitar Chick-Headbanger wrote: "God is real. Jesus is real. The Holy Spirit is real. And they're the only people who can save you from an eternity in hell. I know where I'm going after I die."

Amen to that!

message 4: by ƙămįƞāŕı«, If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side. (new)

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) | 295 comments Mod
Amen 2!

message 5: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 29 comments I don't strongly believe in God, Hell, or Heaven.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

then this isnt much of a debate...

message 7: by Poindextεrr., If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!!! (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 479 comments Mod
Since this isn't much of a debate, why don't we just glorify God for uniting all of us good ole Christian folk?

*singing off key* PRAISE HIM!! PRAISE HIM!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, until someone against it comes along.

message 9: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (mlfoleygoodreadscom) Who wouldnt praise him....im not saying u can or cant ...but hes wonderful!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

yes.

message 11: by Poindextεrr., If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention!!! (last edited Apr 07, 2010 04:12PM) (new)

Poindextεrr. (carpe_diem) | 479 comments Mod
If someone against Him comes along they're gonna have a bunch of angry Christians against them.

(warning ^^)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Poindex†εrr. wrote: "If someone against Him comes along they're gonna have a bunch of angry Christians against them.

(warning ^^)"

Thats debating, i live debating...

message 13: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 106 comments YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Debating is... well I should bring some other people into the group.

message 14: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 106 comments Ta-da!

message 15: by ♥Jenny♥, Those who give happiness, deserve happiness. (new)

♥Jenny♥ | 138 comments Mod
Gracias.

message 16: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 106 comments :.)

I shall rule the world someday.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

i is the Goddess of Awesome!

message 18: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) God exists.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

yes. and?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I Wen to A HUGE Christan concert this week end just got back from it today at like 2 then we went to church for the Day. IT WAS CRAZYYY!! Lol I've had about 13 hours of Worship this Week end!! :P I think god exists and everyone can think other wise. :)

message 21: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) *Maria*the cat spirit* wrote: "yes. and?"

Do I have to say anything else?

:)

message 22: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) MiKaylika wrote: "I Wen to A HUGE Christan concert this week end just got back from it today at like 2 then we went to church for the Day. IT WAS CRAZYYY!! Lol I've had about 13 hours of Worship this Week end!! :P I..."

I agree.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

It was Aquire the Fire or Somthing likew that OHHH My Good Lord! AWesome is all i could think to say Front Row seats right infront of the stage there were millions(literally) Of ppl there :P))

message 24: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) MiKaylika wrote: "It was Aquire the Fire or Somthing likew that OHHH My Good Lord! AWesome is all i could think to say Front Row seats right infront of the stage there were millions(literally) Of ppl there :P))"

lucky!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Poetic Ingenius- [Kenny:] wrote: "*Maria*the cat spirit* wrote: "yes. and?"

Do I have to say anything else?

:)"

lol, not really

message 26: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) xD

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw TOBY MAC For the 5th time and he always amazes me lolz

message 28: by Ky (new)

Ky (poeticshark) Toby Mac is a genius. I've never seen him live, but I love his music.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

OH YES He is hes amazing..:P

message 30: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) People (or rather friends of mine) say that they are either agnostic or they're atheist and believe in only the greek gods. What they're forgetting is that every religion is somehow based on one another. If you're agnostic and you believe in an omnipotent being but you wouldn't call it God what would you call it then? Duck? Dog? Breakfast? In every religion no matter how you look at it is somehow related. Each has the idea of one omnipotent or supreme ruler above all else. (Zeus, Alla, Odin, Yahweh, and God are some examples.) However if you look at the names most common among the supreme beings you'll find that they mean God just in another language. So yes God exists. Oh yes people may debate this by saying,"What about the The Theory of Evolution?! Doesn't that disprove God?" It does EXACTLY the opposite. Creation and evolution can coinside. God created man and it's many creatures. However as time passed he noticed that a change was needed so he started to diversify every animal to be suited in their new habitat. (the Theory of continental drift is an after effect of what happened at the Tower of Babel.) And the remnants of dinosaur bones we find are places where the ocean once was. Which supports the great flood. Also just because the bible dosn't mention SOME animals doesn't mean it isn't true. There simply may have been too many to name or new ones erupted from the old after the continents sperated. So yes God exists. He IS omnipotent and He WILL someday show himself.

message 31: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Blaze wrote: "People (or rather friends of mine) say that they are either agnostic or they're atheist and believe in only the greek gods. What they're forgetting is that every religion is somehow based on one an..."

I liked you till about half way through and then I found you a worthy debater. I would like to see what you think on the evolution topic and on the poll.

message 32: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) Thanks

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Blaze wrote: "People (or rather friends of mine) say that they are either agnostic or they're atheist and believe in only the greek gods. What they're forgetting is that every religion is somehow based on one an..."

AWESOME BLAZE THat was GREAT!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments ʞɔɐɾdɐןɟ!™ wrote: "Do you believe He exists? What is your opinion about Him?"

Why do you call God "him". Just curious of what you thought.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 25, 2010 07:57PM) (new)

Good Question

message 36: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Answer it

message 37: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) God is an omnipresent entity. Yes I suppose to some it may seem sexist to refer to God as male. However throughout time and for thousands of years he's constantly been called the Heavenly Father. This is due primarily to the thought that males in a sense are "superior" to women. If you look at it the the sense that God became man (i.e. through Jesus) you'd understand that God was and is essentially male. He granted the virgin Mary with His child and was born as a male child, who was also His Son. There's no changing of whether people call Him God or Godess.........Hmm there's another point. A female god is known as a Goddess. If God was a female that Would be his name along with, The Heavenly Mother and the like.

message 38: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments But you assume God is male based on stories from the Bible. That doesn't sit right with me.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/2...

Check that lol

And God Is the one Who wrote the Bible. he just wrote threw his people.

message 40: by Girl4beluga (last edited Apr 25, 2010 08:08PM) (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments O you are one of those.

message 41: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) Kayla has you there. Also what about the times he's spoken through his prophets. They always used the words Him, His, and Heavenly Father.

message 42: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) *Sigh* What do you mean by "one of them." Do you mean to say that we're being senseless in the fact we believe what the bible has. Or are you saying we're being sexist just since we believe God is male?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea what do u mean one of them?..........

message 44: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments a belief in literalism a building block to fundamentalism.

message 45: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments I think God transcends gender.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

ugh Well i could say i think other wise.

message 47: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel (nflores) Hmm yes you meant to say the first. Now listen here. I don't speak for anyone else, but I'm not a fundamentalist about the bible entirely. I believe that somethings are fully true and some are meant to be taken with a grain of salt. This for instance "If you're hand offends you then cut it off." That i take not literally. In my opinion it means to say that if you're doing something not of good report (lying, hate, grudges) you must sever that from yourself.

message 48: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments MiKaylika wrote: "ugh Well i could say i think other wise."

What, would you refrase that?

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Never mind.

message 50: by Girl4beluga (new)

Girl4beluga | 3193 comments Blaze wrote: "Hmm yes you meant to say the first. Now listen here. I don't speak for anyone else, but I'm not a fundamentalist about the bible entirely. I believe that somethings are fully true and some are mean..."

So do you deny you have fundi preferences?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18