J.D. Robb discussion

Indulgence in Death (In Death, #31)
This topic is about Indulgence in Death
In Death Books > Indulgence in Death (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (jeanniep74) She comes out with one twice a year plus some anthologies between those times. I love the anticipation.

Jess | 39 comments This sounds like it's going to be fantastic!! Eve getting mad is always entertaining.

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments WHOOHOO!!!

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I can't wait either. At least I can re-read (or rather listen to) the others why I'm waiting. I've been listening to the audio books again in order since Dec of last year; I'm on Vengeance in Death, and hopefully the earlier ones will make the waiting bearable.

message 5: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments I am so addicted to JD Robb's In Death series, only wish the set I had some continuity in getting her books on time. Ordered Kindred in Death from Amazon and still waiting for delivery.. agony of waiting for postman...

message 6: by Gina (new)

Gina Berry | 11 comments PK Reeves wrote: "I am so addicted to JD Robb's In Death series, only wish the set I had some continuity in getting her books on time. Ordered Kindred in Death from Amazon and still waiting for delivery.. agony of w..."
This was a good book, I love her style of writing and the endings are not always happy. Went to a flea market and they had the hardback for 5 bucks. I own all of her books.

message 7: by Gina (new)

Gina Berry | 11 comments Jeannie wrote: "She comes out with one twice a year plus some anthologies between those times. I love the anticipation."

She comes out with the hardback then she releases it in paperback 6 months later.

message 8: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments Very jealous of GINA! WOW! hardbacks at $ 5!

message 9: by Gina (new)

Gina Berry | 11 comments PK Reeves wrote: "Very jealous of GINA! WOW! hardbacks at $ 5!"

I am always amazed of what types of books you can find at flea markets or garage sales. I also go to our library's book sale they do it twice a year so I can do hardback and paperbacks.

message 10: by Gina (new)

Gina Berry | 11 comments I would like to see a movie done about her "IN DEATH" series. Who do you think should play the characters?

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole g (nicole_g) | 7 comments Gina wrote: "I would like to see a movie done about her "IN DEATH" series. Who do you think should play the characters?"

Mmm. My friend and I have discussed this. I think Christian Bale for Roarke (color his hair and give him blue eyes). Rawr.

message 12: by Gina (new)

Gina Berry | 11 comments Nicole wrote: "Gina wrote: "I would like to see a movie done about her "IN DEATH" series. Who do you think should play the characters?"

Mmm. My friend and I have discussed this. I think Christian Bale for Ro..."

That would be good and I see Mariska Haritay for Eve. I noticed on the back of one of the paperbacks that she is dressed just like Olivia on SVU with the coat and everything.

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Gina, I totally agree about Mariska Haritay. I also think Zooey Deschanel would make a great Peabody.

By the way, if anyone would like to continue the discussion about movies or TV, there is a thread about it. I just updated it so it would be near the top.

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) @ Nicole

Christian Bale as Roarke? swoooo...n (lol)
but i already imagine Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Roarke ^^

Cant wait Indulgence in DEath to be released. I'm dying for some Roarke's scene now...

message 15: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments hey how about the actor from Leap Year? How about him? Or Hugh Jackman?? He would be great as Roarke!

Uhmmmm I'm seeing Sandra Bullock as Eve Dallas... remember she did that dark movie Murder by Numbers...

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Who the actor from Leap Year PK Reeves?
Ahhh... Hugh Jackman will be good choice ^^. He's HAWT. But he is Aussie, can he speak with Irish accent like Roarke? :(
Sandra Bullock? Hmm i dont think so, maybe i'll take Stana Katic from Castle to be Eve IMO

message 17: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments RNDo wrote: "Who the actor from Leap Year PK Reeves?
Ahhh... Hugh Jackman will be good choice ^^. He's HAWT. But he is Aussie, can he speak with Irish accent like Roarke? :(
Sandra Bullock? Hmm i dont think so,..."

Hi RNDO
Hugh can do any accent... I say he should do it with flare. Actor from Leap Year name is Matthew Goode: the PR for the movie has him with emerald shining eyes and he does a mean Irish brough.

Who's Stana Katic??? I've never heard of her, just saw her image via search but she looks like Mischa B. Hmm I can't picutre a Mischa look alike playing her. Any other possibilities...

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) But Roarke eyes is blue, PK Reeves ^^
Really2 gorgeous blue eyes ^^
Maybe he can use contact, lol
Ahh, any other actor that has blue eyes, black hair and sinner face and has Irish Accent? :(
I pick Jonathan Rhys Meyers, cause he is from Ireland ^^
Stana Katic is play in Heroes, and Castle PKReeves ^^

message 19: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments hmm how about that guy who play Damon from Vampire Diaries? His eyes are crystal blue but he is a bit young... His name escapes me.

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Ian Somerhalder you mean?
The man that his pic become my Avatar Reeves? ^^
Yes it can be, but he's too young to be Roarke, IMO :(

message 21: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments Too funny RNDo!
I had no clue that was him on your Avatar! It was tiny but only when I clicked on it did it come through.
I swear that I had no idea that it was him!
How about when they do flash backs to Roarke's life to his youth?? Maybe there's someone out there to play an older version of Somerhalder??
How old does Roarke have to be anyway?? Isn't he in his thirties??

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Ahh, its make sense if Ian is pick for youngest Roarke.^^
I think Roarke is 36 or 37 now (based the event in Indulgence in Death that have passed for 3 years after Naked in Death).
If Ian is older 4-5 years (FYI, he is 31 now) he will be good to be Roarke ;)
Or maybe David Gandy can be Roarke too, cause he has blue eyes and black hair ^^

message 23: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments hey RNDo,

I think we've hijacked this post... ;P
Looking up David Gandy now...He's a model?? Hmm can he act??
Back to Eve casting... how about Megan Fox?? Just teasing! Thought I'd scare you with that one.

message 24: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments Roarke is only like 33 or 34 or so. He thought he was 31 right? and he was a year younger than that, and then 3 years have just about gone by.. lol

and David Gandy could SOOOOO play Roarke :DDDD

message 25: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments Am I missing out on this David Gandy?? Is he a model with acting talent? Or is it that he resembles a Roarke like trait? If not I vote for RNDo's avatar Ian Somerhalder, he just needs to gain a little more muscles ;P

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) David Gandy is a FABULOUS specimen of the male race and would definitely make a perfect Roarke!!! Looks wonderful in suit, jeans or hardly nothing, lol! Here are a few examples...

David Gandy
David Gandy
David Gandy
David Gandy

message 27: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments Oh gawd he is so hot.. he is even from around those parts, Dublin or Ireland or Scotland so he has the accent....

*Thud*

I have had a major crush on David Gandy for a long time LOL

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Hi PKReeves is fine if we hijacked this discussion, lol

And no Megan Fox for Eve >.<, lol. Eve is not seducing type you know ^^

HiErika, i remember that Roarke is 35 in Naked in Death, and we know after the event in Portrait in Death, he is one year younger, so, if we assumed
that he 34 in NiD, so he is 37 now in Indulgence ^^

And,Alyssa, i will give you my hug!! >.<
Love David Gandy so much !!
He definitely, absolutely can play Roarke >.<
(screaming David's name loud, and i think i'll faint now, lol)

And to Reeves again, he is Supermodel from British dear, i know him from Dolce & Gabbana Lightning Blue Commercial Clip.
And i'll add my fave pic of him ^^

Cant wait Indulgence in Death to be released , cause I'm dying for some Roarke scene now >.<

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I was thinking he was from the UK, I watched a video of a photoshoot he did and his accent was definitely English. However, he doesn't have to talk, all he needs to do is stand there, lol. I have plenty more pics, I'll have to see what I can dig up.

I'm in agreement about the definite NO on Meagan Fox. I don't know that I've ever seen an actress that matches what I have Eve pictured as in my mind. Will have to give that one some thought.

message 30: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments My bad, thought he was from the Irish... not the british, but hey whatever, accent and hot body and rockin face...

Oh I have some pics... but they might be a bit much for the forum

message 31: by Mrs. (last edited May 24, 2010 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments I'm gonna have to go re-read to find out how old Roarke is.. lol I could have sworn he was only a year or two older than Eve, but then he turned out to be a year younger than he thought..
Ah, love wiki.. Roarke is 34 :P would have driven me bonkers

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Tell ya Erika ^^, Roarke is 34, and he 4 years older than Eve ^^
Yes David Gandy is British but he has Scottish descent, so he will not have difficulty to speak Gaelic ^^

message 33: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments I can't think of ANY actress who could pull off Eve.

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Any actress will be good for Eve, IMO.
Just take an actress that look though and ass kicker.
Its hard to take the role for Roarke.
He's too perfect, until no other men cant play him, lol

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Erika wrote: "I can't think of ANY actress who could pull off Eve."

Me either, very tough choice!

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) How about Stana Katic for Eve?
I think she suitable to be Eve, IMO

message 37: by Ravena (new) - added it

Ravena James (somelikeithotbooks) | 1 comments Alyssa (Hesperia) wrote: "Erika wrote: "I can't think of ANY actress who could pull off Eve."

Me either, very tough choice!"

RNDo wrote: "How about Stana Katic for Eve?
I think she suitable to be Eve, IMO"

I always thought Hilary Swank, I'm picturing her from her Million Dollar Baby days for her role as Eve.

message 38: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa | 4 comments Okay, David Gandy DEFINITELY has the look for Roarke, but he would have to pull off the acting too. As for Hilary Swank, she could have the look for Eve, but I don't know if it would be the right role for her, then again she would probably be great because she's a complex character and she does those well.

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) RNDo wrote: "How about Stana Katic for Eve?
I think she suitable to be Eve, IMO"

She definitely has an Eve-essence, she just needs to be a little edgier I think. However, out of all the options so far I think she fits the best.

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) err, i dunno, but maybe we can continue the discuss to thread movie or tv series, anyone? ^^
The thread is silent and i'm lonely in here
And for this thread, how if we discuss about the book instead ;) ?

message 41: by PK Reeves (new)

PK Reeves | 14 comments Back to book .. going to pick up Kindred in Death next. Finishing up Hush by Kate White. Need a dose of Eve and Roarke again soon.
Thanks for clearingly filling me in on gap Gandy.

message 42: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (jeanniep74) This picture of Warren Christie always made me think of Roarke....and he's Irish.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Hi Jeannie, how if you post the pic in thread moie/tv series and we just discuss the book? ^^

Your welcome PKReeves ^^, David Gandy is HAWT, is it?

I read in Amazon, after Indulgence in Death, In Death newest book is Treachery in Death, released in Feb 2011

message 44: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments I finished Indulgence in Death last night and enjoyed it. I love the characters in all the books more than the plots, so to see Eve and Rourke in Ireland was a treat, especially with Eve's phobia of nature. I was surprised that she didn't consider herself part of the "game" earlier. Even I thought that.

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I finished it as well and I have to say, I figured out the who pretty quickly, but I think JDR wanted us to. It was all about how she was going to prove it was them.

My absolute fav part of the book was the beginning with their trip to Ireland. That alone was worth the price of admission! Can't wait for the short on 11/30!

message 46: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Harte (jennaharte) | 46 comments I think we often know the who, but its how Eve can prove it that becomes the story. In this case, there was no proof, just a lot of circumstance. In effect, she was a player in the game. I agree, the beginning was great. I enjoy watching her navigate the social rules like in gift giving and how she's not sure and embarrassed by her gift to Rourke. I also liked the change in Dickhead and Eve's response to it.

Alyssa (Hesperia) wrote: "I finished it as well and I have to say, I figured out the who pretty quickly, but I think JDR wanted us to. It was all about how she was going to prove it was them.

My absolute fav part of the..."

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Dickhead in LOVE!!!! I love that Eve doesn't know what to do with that or how to react. Her & Morris talking about how creepy it was, was hilarious!

message 48: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 14 comments Okay, So I mostly loved the book, however my one gripe is that there was not a lot of interaction with Feeney or McNab in the story which was kinda a bummer. I love them and I just didn't get a lot of them in the book.

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I thought the same thing Shannon, also we didn't get any Mavis or Nadine (other than Roarke describing a convo between them). However, I guess since the cast of secondary characters is so large, it's hard to put them all in every book. Maybe in the SS that's releasing on 11/30 we'll get more.

message 50: by Tina (last edited Nov 10, 2010 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tina | 103 comments ****SPOILERS******

Well I have to dissent a bit. I think this was the weakest outing of the series in a very long time. I was so forcefully reminded of Seduction in Death as I was reading that it really distracted me. I also thought Eve's intuitive knowledge of exactly who,what and why (even down to knowing that they were taking turns and earning points) was a little too...easy. I mean, she basically solved the case in her head after just one meeting with one of the guys. She just needed to prove it. At least if they had acknowledged that she'd had a case like this before and she wondered if it were similar, blah, blah, blah.. I could have bought it more. But as it was it seemed like it was phone in effort.

« previous 1