Northern Nevada/California Authors discussion

inspiration

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) As I've admitted, I don't have the writing bug. But once in a while I get an idea for a story and I sure wish I knew what to do with it. For example, What if the Information Superhighway did turn out to be a Dead End? If anybody wants that idea it's gratis and I'll read the result!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

That is an interesting thought.
The idea that sooo much is dependent on computers these days is a bit scary. I still think of that Sandra Bullock movie "The Net".

I remember as a little girl how I loved to curl up in a corner of the living room with our family Encyclopedia Britannica. Yes, in those days the information highway meant turning pages.

Just hope Britannica is still around when we fun into the dead end.

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) It's interestin, how you went with my idea in a different direction than I did - I wasn't thinking about our dependence on computers at all. After all that idea has been done :).

I wasn't quite smart enough for Britannica. I loved the different places the cross-referenced indexes of the World Book took me, seeing the patterns & connections. I think I'd really have been into StumbleUpon if I'd been online as a kid.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, talk about inspiration coming from strange places.

I confess here and now that I decided to do something "fun" with my hair. I added some Coraline blue to to it. Everything went wrong and I ended up with a blue neck and ears!!!

It was sort of fun getting strange looks for a couple of days.

The best part was ... as I sat there in the drivers seat pondering what I'd done, I was hit with a new story idea. I can't wait to start writing it!!

Cheryl struggles to catch up (cherylllr) hmm... sounds like an intriguing starting concept... :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it may be my NaNo book this year! :)

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz (strdncr5) | 7 comments Mod
Ideas and inspiration can really appear from just about anywhere. My problem is that I come up with a lot of ideas while working on projects and then I want to go work on the new story instead of finishing up the one I'm working on.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Heh! I know what you mean. I have the same problem.
I go ahead and start the new idea and then save the file.

That way when I do finish what I am working on, I have a W.I.P (or a half dozen WIPs) already started.

message 9: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) JoElle wrote: "That is an interesting thought.
The idea that sooo much is dependent on computers these days is a bit scary. I still think of that Sandra Bullock movie "The Net".

I remember as a little girl how ..."

I remember The Net, too! Totally freaked me out. And what's worse is that it's all possible. lol There have been other movies out there dealing with the toll this technology can take if left unchecked, and they can get downright spooky!

And I hear you all about ideas. I get them and want to move on to the next new thing, which is probably why I never get anything I've started finished. It's a bad habit that I've yet to figure out how to break.

As for your blue skin, JoElle, I wish we had pictures. I'll bet it was pretty cool. ;-)