The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Chapter 16: History > Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tera (TheBookishAbyss) | 91 comments I read this book quite a few years back. I remember it was set in Savannah and I did enjoy the story. It was based on a murder that took place in the 80's involving an art dealer and several murder trials that occurred in relation. It had many vibrant and colorful characters. I was very disappointed by the movie which starred Kevin Spacey, John Cusack and Jude Law. A lot of scenes from the book were omitted or altered and many of the entertaining characters were either missing or served as a backdrop. Not one of Clint Eastwood's best directing achievements.

message 2: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I didnt like the movie but I loved the book I have read it several times. I loved all the characters the author meet while in Savannah

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Based on these reviews I'll have to put this on my to read list.I liked the movie but maybe only because I hadn't read the book.You guys have me intrigued.

message 4: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Well John Cusack was cute in the movie!

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Yes he was.He's one of my faves

message 6: by Sally (last edited May 26, 2008 02:53PM) (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) Oh, this book was fantastic I too reread it at least once. I liked Kevin Spacey in the movie too. I don't know why I find him so dreamy. mmmmm