VAMPS-R-US discussion

SOOKIE STACKHOUSE - tRUE bLOOD.......

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited Apr 05, 2010 12:53PM) (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Did u like it, love it or hate it? Was the book series better or the t.v. series?

The series' order is as followed:
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris Book Summary: Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, but she keeps to herself and doesn't date much because of her "disability" to read minds. When she meets Bill, Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's the type of guy she's waited for all of her life, but he has a disability, too--he's a vampire with a bad reputation. When one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next.

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris Book Summary: Waiting tables, sweeping floors, reading minds and solving mysteries for the undead. It's all in a day's work for Sookie...

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is on a streak of real bad luck. First, her co-worker gets murdered and no one seems to care. Then Sookie is attacked - and poisoned - late one night by some weird and apparently mythical beast. She only survives because the local vampires roll up and graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it). But in return the blood-suckers need a favor.

Which is why Sookie ends up in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire, on the condition that her undead friends don't do anything, well, vampiric while she's there. Easier said than done. All it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly...

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris

Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris .....May 4th

message 2: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Im so going to love this month .. I LOVE THE BOOKS SOOOOO MUCH

TEAM ERIC ALL THE WAY

message 3: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I'M SURE....ROFLMFAO!!!

message 4: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i cant do this one this month! i havent yet had the time to start this series and i have so many books to finish first.....plus i have to get some work done! sorry guys!

message 5: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments rayna I know how you feel, my books are staking up by the minute at the moment but your missing out... you gotta read it soon as I think you will love it :D

message 6: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i will.....now that i broke down and got an ereader....i know iknow it goes against evertything i stand for! but its conveinient and already paid for itself!

message 7: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments ooooh you have gone to the dark side lmfao.... im not convinced i will like an e reader

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Ruffin (poetic_mother) | 62 comments The books are definitely better than the series.

My favorite one so far is Dead to the World...Can you guess why?

Can't wait for the new one. The darn fairy left me hangin'!

message 9: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments trust me i didnt think id like it at first....but then when i went on www.4shared.com to see how many of the books i want to read are there for FREE - i stress free i just couldnt pass it up! i have downloaded enough books that i have paid for the ereader and then some and i have enough to keep me busy for a while! if you are as addicted as i am...and i think you are.....you should look into it!

message 10: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments yeah I have im just worried as i love my book collection and i also love the feel of a book etc... is it not odd reading a mini computer??

message 11: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments surprisingly no....i have a cover so it feels like i am holding a book. im used to electronics i pretty much have my laptop, ereader, or blackberry in my hands at all times! i am a little miffed at not having my hard copies, but i will if read a series and really like it and want to read it more than once, ill buy the books! see best of both worlds!

message 12: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments it is tempting but alot of money to spend when im scared i wont like... iw ish you can hire them for 24 hours lol

message 13: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments nah.....just return it! say you didnt like its features! just make sure they have a good return policy before buying!

message 14: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments yeah thats a good idea... i might look into a few shops return policys .... i am spending a fortune on books each month... money is the only thing tempting me to do it

message 15: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I HAVE GOT TO REPLACE MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to b able to download FOR FREE AGAIN!!!!!

message 16: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments is yours not fixable then tiff?

message 17: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments thats what i would do......shame Tiff i thought you would have a new one by now!

message 18: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally dropped 1 time too many :'-C 209 books gone!!!!!!!!!! But if, when, I get a new 1 I just transfer them from my computer...

message 19: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments i just wish they were cheaper... im so skint... might have to be my birthday pressie

message 20: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

It would b a very good present!! ;-)

message 21: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments i will have to work on buttering up hubby between now and then

message 22: by Rayna (last edited Apr 08, 2010 01:22PM) (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i got one for $150CAD, 13 books thats it! kids got me it for mothers day

message 23: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Ooooo....use a lot of whip cream too, ROFLMFAO

message 24: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments chocolate would be my suggestion....when i was young had a bad sex and whip cream experience......it has never tasted the same again.....ROFLMAO

message 25: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think my imagination just played that out LMFAO, ROFLMFAO!!!

message 26: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments i know....bad bad bad.......i cant eat the stuff any more and this happened when i was like 17! lmao

message 27: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments lmfao... im not a whipped cream fan..... chocolate though mmmmmm

imay have to tie him up until he agrees to buy it ;)

message 28: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Bondage can b lots of fun, ROFLMFAO!!

message 29: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments and messy! use a towel Lisa......chocolate can stain! roflmao

message 30: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments before we bought some strawberry ang chocolate flavoured oil.. it was yummy but completly stained a set of bedding!! haha

message 31: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments Tiffany wrote: "Bondage can b lots of fun, ROFLMFAO!!"

too right !! ;)

message 32: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

g2g those darn kids want dinner, again, every night they actually expect me to cook for them!!! What do I look like? Their Mother?! Oh yeah, I am huh?

ROFLMFAO!!!! TTYL

message 33: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments lol.. byeeeeeee mwah

message 34: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments how old are the kids?

message 35: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

10, 8 and 5 all girls, and jr vamps, lmfao

Bye SMOOCHES!!!

message 36: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments wow......good on you! i have 2 boys 5 & 3 and they are minature Edwards and Jacob's thanks to my 10yo niece lmao!

happy cooking! bye

message 37: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments awe..... i love kids so much.. wish some of the ones at my school were into vamps but they are a bit yound i guess

message 38: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments you might get them biting other kids.....now explain that to the parents! lmao

message 39: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments i know... and i love the kids too much sometimes and start messing round with them... end up that they get told off for being silly while i have to pretend i was busy being a sensible adult

message 40: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments what do you do?

message 41: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments im a teaching assistant in a primary school!! its the best job in the world

message 42: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments yeah that would be a great job! and summers off woo hoo!

message 43: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments i know... on a two week easter holiday at the moment... I love it !!

message 44: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments how do you get a 2 week vacation for easter???? we get good Friday and thats it! the kids get spring break too i guess! but 2 weeks.....thats it! changing proffessions and moving....NOW lmao

message 45: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments haha yeah.. six weeks in summer, one week in october, 2 weeks at christmas, one week in feb, two weeks in easter, one week in may... its awesome

message 46: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments do you get paid every month or just when you work.....teachers/assistants here get it spread over a 12 month period so they always get a cheque eventhough they dont work....easier to balance the books

message 47: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments yeah i get paid everymonth... otherwise i would die in the summer!! holidays aside though it is such a good job,.. i love the children so much and they make me smile

message 48: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments when u having your own?

message 49: by Katoof (new)

Katoof | 1611 comments probaly never ... i love children at school and i adore m friends children but i liove my life and wanna see the world etc etc... ive always thought if i e ver wanted to have them i would adopt as i cant imagine life without a family and my hubby is the same, he is unsure if he wants chldren but we have spoke about adoption and he said he wouldnt be against it.... not sure what his mother would have to say if she knew any of this though.. i think she is already planning on what to do with her grandkids

message 50: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Awwwwwww

« previous 1