The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Shazzy,have you read the others in this series.My favorite is Anybody Out There?So touching and funny.I don't think anyone can do this genre as well as Marion Keyes and I was glad to see her on the list.
It's interesting to see the sisters perceptions of one another and how their characters evolve from book to book.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Really?I would have liked to have seen that.I can't wait for the youngest sisters story.She's quite the character.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry That was the sisters name.I couldn't remember it. Yeah,I can't wait for it.Hopefully it's coming soon.

message 4: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I was so excited to read this book but its not at my library so now I will have to buy it

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Shazzy,I didn't realize you're from London.I was wondering how you were seeing these interesting programs.I have not seen the show(and I guess I'm not sorry for it either.)We don't get a lot of the British programming here unless it's on our special cable channels where we can find the best of programming.Case in point-Extras-It's on really late so had to go and buy the series.It's just awesome.The Brits rule in the humor department,that's why so many of the programs seem to be remade and "americanized."

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Well,I try to watch as little of canadian programming as possible.We're hopeless.Best leave it to the American's and the Brit's who clearly know what they're doing!

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Degrassi Junior High was one of the few,but over all we don't do so well.Now singers, that's a different story!

message 8: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I loved Degrassi Jr. High

message 9: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Now thats funny. i wonder what happened to those kids

message 10: by Sherry (new)

Sherry There's a new Degrassi High and a couple of the characters from the original are on it.Can't tell you their names but one is the character who always wore the hat.Was it Joey?Can't remember.My daughters watched it quite a bit so I would catch the program kind of periferally if you know what I mean.

message 11: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 103 comments I love the Walsh family and all their wacky ways. Anybody Out There struck me as kind of odd-she changed Anna's character sooo much from the earlier books-I couldn't figure it out.

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen I love Marian Keyes. I started with Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married, which is one of my favorite books of all-time! I love her sense of humor, her challenging serious topics, and just the essence of her characters. I can't wait until she has a new book! I think I have read all of hers up to date. Has anyone read her short story book?

message 13: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney (familywithbooks) Haha I love how I'm not the only person who watched Degrassi Jr High (and then when there was the fire and they went to Degrassi High) hee hee! I haven't read Watermelon yet BUT I just bought my first Marian Keyes book not too long ago - Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married!! I will finally get to see what everyone is talking about!