The Complete Idiots Guide to the Ultimate Reading List discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
This is the book to read for anyone who had an unnatural obession with The Sopranos. This book changed a lot for AMerica without it we would not have athat wonderful horse head in the bed scene and all the copycuts that followed. This is a favorite of mine

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry A wonderful book(and one of my top fave movies)
I read anything I could get my hands on by Mario Puzo as a result.I had such a crush on Michael as well.

message 3: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
I think that if it was not for this book America would not be as Mafia happy as it is.

Tera (TheBookishAbyss) | 91 comments I just finished this one and found it utterly breathtaking. The detail, the plot, the strength of character. No wonder The Godfather has remained such a strong phenomenon in America.

message 5: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
people laugh when I tell them its one of my favorites but once they read it they understand

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff This is a great book. If you ever have the chance (and 14 spare hours) to listen to it on audio, I seriously recommend it. There is a set of voices, not just one, which makes for a wonderfully vivid experience.

message 7: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
Wow thanks for the tip Jeff

message 8: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Hey, Mike. Can you believe I'd never seen the movie before I heard the story? One trip to Florida and back is all I needed!
By the way, as good as the movie is, listening to it was better.

message 9: by MJ, Idiot's Top libriarian (new)

MJ | 1332 comments Mod
OMG never seen the movie. I love the movie- the book was way better but the movie is so good. The horses head in the bed scene is a classic movie moment