Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 629 (629 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We've got a few baseball threads...let's centralize, shall we?

Tonight is the official start of the baseball season, Yankees/Red Sox...tomorrow more teams start. Yay baseball season! Go Brewers!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It looks like the Cubs and Brewers may be fighting for second this year. Lets hope that it is for first with the other making the playoffs.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Let's not hope that. Let's hope the Brewers make the playoffs and the Cubs crash and burn.

:)

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah, let's hope that

not

message 5: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Phillies all the way!

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments 162 games until the Cubs are in the World Series

message 7: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 05, 2010 04:41AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Are they skipping the playoffs?:)

The Brewers/Rockies play today! Can't wait! Although I'll miss some taking my family to the airport, but tomorrow night's game I can watch start to finish.

I also want to take a trip up to the new Twins stadium. I can't believe they built that sucker without a retractable roof.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments they were going to but ended up spending the extra $$$ on mauer

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "Are they skipping the playoffs?:)

The Brewers/Rockies play today! Can't wait! Although I'll miss some taking my family to the airport, but tomorrow night's game I can watch start to finish.

I a..."

Pick me up on your way to the Twin Cities RA.

message 10: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) In case anyone was interested in knowing what my thoughts are regarding the new season upon us:

Gus Sanchez's Not-So-Fearless and Marginally Biased 2010 Baseball Predictions

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments well done gus. i am with you on most of it. not sure about ozzie. he is a rogue warrior but players love him. the hiring of jerry krause by CHISOX may tilt this though.

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) True, the players love Ozzie, but Ozzie has the hilariously annoying habit of opening mouth and inserting mouth, not to mention he tends to pick fights with others, especially management, just to mix things up a bit. I think Sox management may have had enough of Ozzie as a manager; if so, Ozzie will easily end up elsewhere, and rub it in Ken Williams' face.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments today was a good day to be a cubs fan. started out with low expectations for the season. zambrano has a 54.0 ERA and it is still half of what Samar-bla's is

message 14: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6030 comments Gus wrote: "In case anyone was interested in knowing what my thoughts are regarding the new season upon us:

Gus Sanchez's Not-So-Fearless and Marginally Biased 2010 Baseball Predictions"

I'm still pissed the Tigers lost Curtis Granderson to the Evil Empire. Now we're supposed to believe Johnny Damon will lead us to the promised land?

Feh...

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments He played well yesterday, Clark, but I think the Tiger's window of opportunity is closing...

White Sox won big, Cubs were hilariously bad, but the Brew lost. Mixed opening day.

Wrong thread, but I hate fucking Duke, shitting all over Sportscenter when I want to see the opening day highlights...

message 16: by Arminius (new)

Arminius The Phillies won impressively but thanks for informing me on your teams. I don't watch Sports Center and usually do not read the Sports page. So, reading about your teams on goodreads keeps me informed. It may also spark an interest in the nonbaseball people here on goodreads.

message 17: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) It'll be okay, RA...settle down.

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No.

On the other hand, did you see 1) Obama throw out the first pitch at the Nationals game while wearing a White Sox hat, and 2) you see Mark B. on the White Sox throw the ball ball between his legs with his glove to get a guy out at first?

message 19: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Sigh. The Prez can't throw to save his life. Awful.

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That was one of the worst first pitches I have ever seen, without a doubt. Not even remotely close.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally agree with you RA!! Worst!!!
:-)

message 22: by Arminius (new)

Arminius He threw wide to the left. Suprise, suprise.

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the mark b play was one of the great defensive plays made by a pitcher. the prez did admit he never played organized bball and that he needed to improve his skills. he scored swag points with me for his jumper during his POTUS game with clark kellogg

message 24: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Speaking of swag, anyone see Jason Heyward yesterday. The Braves' rookie phenom lived up to his hype by homering on the 1st pitch he saw yesterday. Dude's gonna be huge.

message 25: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah, he is the real deal. built like dave winfield. huge potential. chipper jones, bobby cox and everyone else has been laying big accolades on him. not normal hype but real sincere stuff. even though he jacked it against my cubbies i was glad to see him do well. he will have his lulls and struggles but not like other rooks will.

message 26: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I like Dave Winfield on ESPN.

That is all.

message 27: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments I'm a long-time fan of the Dodgers (since '70) and Mariners (since their very first game), but I don't see either giving me much to cheer about this year.

message 28: by RandomAnthony (last edited Apr 06, 2010 11:40AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments The Mariners are supposed to be good! I've seen some pick them to win the division with the Angels down.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yay, Mariners!
That is all. :)

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hahahaha. yeah, milton bradley will really help the chemistry there

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Hoffman blew a save tonight.

Luckily, I don't say that often.

message 32: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments and brewers mgmt is in a scuff with EE mgmt. hate to say it but i gotta side with the NYY here. somebody needs to call a Wah-mbulance

message 33: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I didn't hear about that...what happened?

message 35: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments So far Dustin Pedroia is far out performing Papi. Even though, the Sox suck and are coming off a 3 game skid, they win 2 and #15 had his 3rd homer which is way better more impressive than last season. Papi has got to Go! As always not a HUGE performer, but def SOLID and quick base runner and love him for stealing, nice work Els!

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) What?

Oh sorry. Wrong thread.

message 37: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments You still on cloud from the I love Larry comment :) ?

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Must be.

message 39: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Ah, I hadn't heard that, Kev...our owner is pretty good, I think...he's got a chip on his shoulder, though.

Cubs are in fifth place after the first week. Get used to it, suckas.

message 40: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments cubs starting pitching has been very good with the exception of little Z's opening day slo-pitch softball performance. our relief pitching is killing us. this is the same area that we sucked at last year and we made no effort to fix this. we did get rid of milton though. now we have to unload alphonso. he does not hit well enough to be such a clown in the outfield

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments enjoy the game yesterday RA?

message 42: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. Stop sucking, Brewers starting pitching! Stop sucking right now! I swear, the last two times I've turned on the Brewers' games I blink and we're down 4-0...

message 43: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments man, you were right on this comment! hahahah

message 44: by Cambridge (last edited Apr 13, 2010 09:15PM) (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Sox suck. Ax Papi.

message 45: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments oh. btw, milton bradley is already causing probs in SEA. imagine that. several spring training incidents including getting tossed from a game. now he flipped off some fans and got boo'd by OAK stadium. plus he was 1-22 before yesterday (he went 2-4 yesterday raising his avg to a scorching .115) imagine that. milty is not blending in

message 46: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Cambridge! Your Red Sox are sucking! Explain!

At this point the best record of our collective favorite teams might not even reach 500. Cubs, Brew, Red Sox, none are exactly shining.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i heard the new name for Ortiz is Big Pop-Up

message 48: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11676 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Cambridge! Your Red Sox are sucking! Explain!

At this point the best record of our collective favorite teams might not even reach 500. Cubs, Brew, Red Sox, none are exactly shining."

Well, my Mariners (7-7) and Dodgers (6-6) are holding up their end of the 500 deal.

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments an you now own milton bradley which i find so refreshing

message 50: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Ike Davis: Finally, a reason to feel remotely excited about the goddamned Mets.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.