The Next Best Book Club discussion

Non-Book Related Banter > Letter To Juliet

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keri (new)

Keri | 10 comments While we went to watch The Last Song, they were showing previews before the movie and Letter To Juliet was a movie that is coming out soon. I really was wanting to see it, but would much rather read the book if there is such. I don't remember who plays in it, but I do the same actress who plays in Dear John, stars in it.

Does anyone have any idea if this movie is based on a book or vice versa?

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Hi Keri, I moved this to a folder that is better suited for the subject.

I havent heard of the film, or of a book by that name, did you try to search here on goodreads?

Allison (The Allure of Books) (inconceivably) I went and looked up the movie on IMDB for ya, and it just mentions two screenwriters, doesn't say anything about a book...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892318/

message 4: by Keri (new)

Keri | 10 comments Hum, well I have done a search on the net and several other sites. I did find a book that might be what the movie is based off of but it was published in 1996. I think I might wait till May to see if the book comes out then! Thanks you guys for your help though!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1736 comments That's one of the few movies coming out that I think I'd actually be interested in. Me likey Vanessa Redgrave.

Yeah, if there's a book on which it's based, I imagine they'd re-release it in conjunction with the movie.

message 6: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 28 comments Hi there,

The movie Letters to Juliet is based on the book Letters to Juliet by Lise Friedman and Ceil Friedman. It looks like this book was originally published in 2006 but the link is for the just-released paperback movie-tie in (the book is the same but the cover is taken from the movie).

For a bit more information, you can read this brief article that appeared in Shelf Awareness just a few weeks ago.

message 7: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikareading) Hi Kerri,

Maybe this will help someone in the future with similar questions. I found a link on my library site to a website where you can look up movies and see what the title of the book is and vice versa. It's pretty neat!

http://www.mcpl.lib.mo.us/readers/mov...

message 8: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild Funny you should mention this movie as I just watched Ellen Barkin on Bravo's Watch What Happen's Live show with Andy Cohen and it was promoted as a movie she produced. They showed a clip and it looks like a fab movie, but the book might even be better!

message 9: by Keri (new)

Keri | 10 comments So, I got this book in the mail from B&N! I was definitely surprised, as it wasn't what I was expecting! I was looking forward to a novel type book but in my opinion this is a simple picture and fact book! It contains alot of photos and a few photocopies of the actual letters written. As far as the story, it simply tells you facts here and there in my opinion. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to reading a novel about this! So anyway, there ya have it :)