This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) but just went away! No hard sell, no agressive marketing tactics, they just went away! All i had to say was "no, thank you" twice and they just thanked me for my time and left! I'm still in shock.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I miss my little, old, batshit-crazy JW lady from my old neighborhood.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Hey Tom! Me too!! Just now! They dropped off the Watchtower, asked me what I thought about Jesus, said have a nice day and went away! What's going on? Perhaps they're working on a new image. The Catholic Church should take a few tips.

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Gretchen wrote: "Hey Tom! Me too!! Just now! They dropped off the Watchtower, asked me what I thought about Jesus, said have a nice day and went away! What's going on? Perhaps they're working on a new image. The Ca..."

That's odd. I didn't think they were big on Jesus.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No? The cover says "the man who changed the world and his message to you." Who are they supposed to be big on?

message 6: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Ummmmmmm.....Jehovah.

message 7: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I sorta skimmed the booklet and it was all about jesus and some angel, michael.

message 8: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I sorta skimmed the booklet and it was all about jesus and some angel, michael.

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Did you just sorta skim the booklet and it was all about jesus and some angel, michael?

message 10: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) See, i can make fun of you secure in the knowledge that you won't delete the double post, since you hate post deleters so much...

message 11: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Well, I guess with me they don't really get past their first question, which always seems to be; "Do you know the name of God?". I say "You're just going to be wasting your time with me", and through the door, I hear them answer their own question with "Jehovah".

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Stupid phone.
They asked me: "do you believe that Jesus changed the world?" I said "yes."

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Stupid phone.
They asked me: "do you believe that Jesus changed the world?" I said "yes."