Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Jan G.'s March reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Hi all,
I'm happy to report that my reading slump seems to be over. I read a total of 13 books this month. Here goes:

1. Open by Andre Agassi - autobiography. Interesting info and a very fast, cpd book.

2. Body in the Snowdrift by Katherine Hall Page. I'm trying to get caught up with these books since meeting the author at BCon. I'm reading them all out of order tho. This one has the Fairchild family and extended family going on a skiing trip to celebrate the 70th birthday of the FIL. All kinds of things start happening, including murder of course.

3. Money to Burn by James Grippando. A fast paced, wall street, investment banking thriller. Wife is missing and presumed dead and then...

4. The Body In the Ivy by Katherine Hall Page. Faith goes to a remote island to cater a reunion of women from college 40 years ago. A twin had died suspiciously years ago and her sister wants to know who did it. Goes back and forth between the college years and present. Really liked it.

5. Body in the Attic by KHP. Another good one. The Fairchild's are living in Cambridge for a short semester and a diary is discovered in the attic. It's from 1946 and the writer describes an abusive relationship in the house. Faith investigates.

6. Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay. Jan, the wife of David goes missing from an amusement park and everything goes wrong. Fast paced.

7. Worst Case by James Patterson and some other guy. #3 in Michael Bennett detective series set in NY. A strange but highly intelligent guy kidnaps children of extremely rich people.

8. A Real Basket Case by Beth Groundwater, NTMA, debut. Set in Colorado, Claire Hanover's husband is accused of murder at their house. I went to a panel at BCon and thought I'd look into these. There is a second one that I plan to read.

9. Body in the Cast by KHP. A movie is being filmed in Faith's town in Mass. She is hired as the caterer and then the production assistant is killed and also a townsperson.

10. Think Twice by Lisa Scottoline. Bennie's evil twin kidnaps her and tries to steal all of her money by switching places with her. Loved this and couldn't put it down.

11. Step on a Crack by James Patterson, et al. #2 in the Michael Bennett series. Hostages take over St Patrick's cathedral during a former 1st ladies funeral.

12. The Body in the Belfry by KHP. This is actually the 1st in this whole series. A very mean girl is found dead in the belfry. After reading later ones I see how she has developed the main character (in a good way).

13. The Body in the Vestibule by KHP. Takes place in Lyon, France. That was interesting. Body is found and then disappears by the time the police arrive.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments Good month, Jan!! How have you been?? Don't see you around here too much.

message 3: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Melodie wrote: "Good month, Jan!! How have you been?? Don't see you around here too much."

I know. I'm still navigating GR. I really miss our old board. BTW, are you planning on BCon in SF? I know you love the city. I'm signed up and I think Cheryl and I know Mary is planning on going.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1644 comments Wow! You are definitely out of the slump! I really need to get caught up with Katherine Hall Page too...but I have to read in order ;)

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3637 comments JanG wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Good month, Jan!! How have you been?? Don't see you around here too much."

I know. I'm still navigating GR. I really miss our old board. BTW, are you planning on BCon in SF? ..."

SF B'con is on the planning board. Trying to figure out trips and all for this year. I have to plan time to go see my folks, too, and they just don't want to up my PTO at work!

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 547 comments Melodie said SF B'con is on the planning board. Trying to figure out trips and all for this year

Hope so, Melodie. I have registered. and Jan, you might actually get to meet Barry. He says he'll be there, and it is his home town.

message 7: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1382 comments I'm in library school and won't have the time to attend SF Bcon, but I'd sure like to go into San Francisco and have a dinner to meet M/Ters there. That would be awesome!

Shomeret

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Ahh, yes it really would be awesome! Those of you who may be able to meet in person are so lucky!!

Shomeret wrote: "I'm in library school and won't have the time to attend SF Bcon, but I'd sure like to go into San Francisco and have a dinner to meet M/Ters there. That would be awesome! Shomeret"

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14693 comments Excellent news Jan-- so glad your reading slump is over! I am hoping to get to Think Twice soon. I picked it up at the library on Saturday. You certainly make a good case for the Katherine Hall Page books!

JanG wrote: "Hi all, I'm happy to report that my reading slump seems to be over. I read a total of 13 books this month. Here goes:."

message 10: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Shomeret wrote: "I'm in library school and won't have the time to attend SF Bcon, but I'd sure like to go into San Francisco and have a dinner to meet M/Ters there. That would be awesome!

Shomeret"

It would be awesome! I'm sure we can work it out! I'm arriving on Wednesday.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Think Twice (other topics)