Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Easter Greetings to All!

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Now that we're so close to Easter, I thought I'd post a place for us to have a big Easter card. Feel free to post your greetings here.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

I wish everyone a Resurrection Easter -- may you be blessed with thoughts of new beginnings in your own life, whether in relationships or work or your walk with God. This Easter I am keenly aware of how precious these new beginings are.

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Happy Resurrection Day Janet and everyone! God Bless you all this Easter and everyday, and may you feel His love during the good times and the difficult ones.

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Easter. We have a 4 Day weekend here as in Australia Good Friday would be one of the most Holy of days in the Christian calendar. More Aussies would go to church Good Friday and Christmas than any other time of the year. Easter Sunday would be the next biggest day.

Hope you all have a great Easter.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter and to remember we serve a Living GOD!

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Happy Resurrection Day, everyone! Jennifer, I couldn't have said it any better.

message 7: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Drop by http://www.craftieladiesofromance.blo... to read the end of our round-robin Easter story. I got to do the BIG FINISH!

And I wish all of you a blessed Easter holiday. We serve a living savior!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Barbara wrote: "Happy Resurrection Day, everyone! Jennifer, I couldn't have said it any better."

Thanks!

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Lyn wrote: "Drop by http://www.craftieladiesofromance.blo... to read the end of our round-robin Easter story. I got to do the BIG FINISH!

And I wish all of you a blessed Easter holiday. We serve a livi..."

I saw that the other day but wanted to wait till it was all done!

message 10: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 34 comments Have a very Blessed Easter. May you see joy and peace for the day.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments we had a tough weekend with three people's death ..Two members of Church died past Wed and thurs then it's my uncle Jerry died this morning .. I pray for my mother's traveling mercies in Monday.. Wish you all have a blessing Easter weekend.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I'm really sorry to hear that, Terri. I will be praying for your family.

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Terri, I'm so sorry. I'll pray for you and yours.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I'm sorry Terri! Definitley sending prayers your way.

message 15: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I too am sorry for your loses Terri praying for all involved.

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Thanks everyone, appreciates it very much.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'm off to church -- Terri, you will be on my heart this Easter morning. I'm reflecting how despair and then startling new hope is the pattern for Easter. I'll pray your family is comforted by the hope of Easter morning.

message 18: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Thanks Janet

message 19: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Terri wrote: "we had a tough weekend with three people's death ..Two members of Church died past Wed and thurs then it's my uncle Jerry died this morning .. I pray for my mother's traveling mercies in Monday.. W..."

So sorry to hear that, Terri. As I was sitting in church this Sunday, I thought of my brother. His birthday was April 4th and he's been gone over a decade now. Hugs to you and yours.

message 20: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Thanks Lyn .

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments We had nine baptisms this morning! Kinda neat to say you were baptized on Easter. Kinda crazy too that we had people in the hallways during one service. They had to watch the service on the tv's out there. I sing in the choir so I was there at 6:45 that morning and sang in all three services. Totally dead, but it was awesome to see so many come forward this morning. Hope everyone had a great Easter.

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Terri wrote: "we had a tough weekend with three people's death ..Two members of Church died past Wed and thurs then it's my uncle Jerry died this morning .. I pray for my mother's traveling mercies in Monday.. W..."

I am so sorry for the losses in your family and in your church family, my deepest sympathy to you and yours. I will be praying for all.

message 23: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments I am sorry for your losses Terri. I will pray for you and yours. May God hold you all in His healing arms.

message 24: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Jennifer wrote: "We had nine baptisms this morning! Kinda neat to say you were baptized on Easter. Kinda crazy too that we had people in the hallways during one service. They had to watch the service on the tv's ou..."

How wonderful Jennifer! I did a special hymn for Easter Sunday and will do the other half of it for this coming Sunday. It's called "O Sons and Daughters, Let Us Sing". It is in our United Methodist hymnal.

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments MaryE wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "We had nine baptisms this morning! Kinda neat to say you were baptized on Easter. Kinda crazy too that we had people in the hallways during one service. They had to watch the servi..."

That's cool! We're getting ready for out big spring concert on the 18th. We're doing Travis Cotrell's Jesus Saves. He works with Beth Moore alot. Great CD if you don't have it.

message 26: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments I'll check it out. I'm sure I will like.

message 27: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ausjenny wrote: "Happy Easter. We have a 4 Day weekend here as in Australia Good Friday would be one of the most Holy of days in the Christian calendar. More Aussies would go to church Good Friday and Christmas tha..."

Ausjenny -- I was thinking about your comment that more Aussies go to church on Good Friday than they do on Easter (here I'd guess it's maybe 5% of the number of people on Good Friday as Easter). Do you have a theory as to why Good Friday is the big day in Australia?

message 28: by Ausjenny (last edited Apr 08, 2010 04:02PM) (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I guess we follow england in some of our traditions. In England Maundy Thursday and then Good Friday are the important days. Actually it starts with Palm Sunday. Good friday is also a holiday in England and in many commonwealth countries along with alot of european countries that are Catholic orientated.
I guess we always grew up knowing Good Friday was a special day and for many Christians its a day of reflection. Growing up nothing was open on Easter (except a few on the Saturday) It was a 4 or in come cases 5 day weekend as in some states they had a extra day on the Tuesday.
But on Good Friday we didn't do alot It was like a Sunday (back when Sunday was treated with the respect it deserved with no shops open and you didn't play sport etc.) Its when we remember Jesus dying and we reflect on what Jesus did for us and the lead up to what happened.
Easter Sunday Also is well attended as we Celebrate Jesus rising from the dead.
I guess alot is tradition
My brother use to play tennis on Good fridays after church and mum explained it back then as we celebrate Jesus dying on the cross for us every Sunday when we partake in Communion.
He would never play sport on a Sunday.

message 29: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 8 comments I miss my English Catholic Easters, but we had a lovely service at church, and my son agreed not to work for the day. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to people going to work as usual on Good Friday and Easter Monday.

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments That's cool Ausjenny. My parents always told us the same thing about Good Friday. The let the schools have a holiday here for it and most work places are closed as well.
It's kinda funny how tons of people come to church on Easter or Christmas...we call them CEO's(Christmas Easter Only). But, we heard a really awesome thing Wednesday night at choir practice. One of guys in our church led an 18 year old to the Lord and the only other time he had been to our church was at Christmas. Sometimes I think people forget to focus the message on those who rarely come because they don't think about it. I think we had a total of 30 decisions that people made. Very awesome.