Ms. S Block E discussion

Quesiton #2

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. Schranz | 12 comments Mod
Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sentences. Use your best spelling, punctuation and grammar. Remember, this is mastery!

Try to use ONE quote from the book that describes your character in your response!

message 2: by Azeriel90 (new)

Azeriel90 | 5 comments The one I find more interesting is Shawna because she tries to be perfect even though she's not. He dad acts like she's his play toy. Her mother is dying. Her best friend revealed to her that she is gay. Her crush turns out to be a jerk. So now she's acting like everything is okay but it is not and when she found out about the past with her mother and father. She is shocked and doesn't know what to do. The author uses characterization great. She describes the feeling, the way she talks or reacts is well.' Perfect Shawn stares at Fran, knowing she should take the initiative to welcome her and thank her for coming."

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi S (jodi_beenjuiicy) | 2 comments The character that I found most interesting was Kaia because out of her 3 sisters she was the mellow and calm one.She wasnt the talkitive type she was more of the keep everything to herself kind of girl.She was considered the "Young One" who was always trapped in the house.In result of being in the house alot she became the quiet one.

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Alteus | 6 comments The character that I liked in my book was Francie. I like her because she so smart and she uses her good look to attract others. So she also is a lying cheating wife and also is the man that she is cheating with. As a result her marriage comes to a tumble and becomes a horror for her. Then a Perfect crime.

message 5: by Shakera (new)

Shakera Rahming | 5 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."
So far my favorite character in the book is Hannah. I found her the most interesting becuase while she's dead , she's playing with people minds and getting under their skin. What I dont understand is why go through all of this trouble just inorder to satisfy her suicide. I also found her interesting because her impact on people. it took her death to notice how sneaky , creative, and quite spontaneous she was. Then during her first tape she made , she was making jokes and this was right beofre her death. "Why would a dead girl lie ? becuase shee cant stand up "

message 6: by Tequisha (new)

Tequisha | 3 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."
So far my favorite character would have to be John Caine. He is my favorite because he is the type of person i could see myself as... the type of private detective type. He is the type not to take any nonsense from anyone, the fearless type. if hes stuck in a situation where his car is trying to be stolen he has no problem with that because he has his car specifically designed for him.

message 7: by Channele (new)

Channele | 2 comments So far my favorite character would be Aslaug. She acts kind of crazy. She is the one that is finding out everything for her mothers death. She starts to find out about her nature of her birth. She trying to find out what she gonna do next. She likes to play games with people. "Your Honor, the witness is being nonresponsive. She's being tried here for one count of attempted murder and two counts of murder in the first degree, and she's playing games."

message 8: by Delores (new)

Delores | 4 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."
my favorite character in the book is winter..... "The reason why winter is ghetto because she using lots of curse words and she doesn't take any drama from anyone".

message 9: by Leandra (new)

Leandra Griffith | 4 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."

My favorite character in the book is shawn. I find him interesting because he he has a disorder that i hardly knew something about and i want to know how it feels to have this disorder.Well shawn cant move,speak,blink or anything because of his condition.I also find his father interesting because his father is hiding a certain feeling that he feels about shawn.

message 10: by Christopher (new)

Christopher King | 2 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."
my favorite character is moshe.i find him interesting becuase he is going throuh alot just trying to survive just like every day life.he is a white jewish boy.he talks with pain in fear.

message 11: by Estefani (new)

Estefani | 5 comments My favorite character in the book so far is both parents. I find it crazy the way they think but in a way it make the story intersting. I never meet a person that had those kinds of values.In a way I understand the way they think because they only belieave in what is needed in order for them to live.

message 12: by M. (new)

Shakera wrote: "M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond ..."

I really like your observations about the character. I kinda want to read that book now!

message 13: by M. (new)

Good observation about the father. I love this book!

Leandra wrote: "M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond ..."

message 14: by M. (new)

Write about the pillow detail! This book is so depressing, but also really challenging. Good for you!

Estefani wrote: "My favorite character in the book so far is both parents. I find it crazy the way they think but in a way it make the story intersting. I never meet a person that had those kinds of values.In a way..."

message 15: by M. (new)

Then a perfect crime? Is that the title? I like that you respect the character's intelligence.

Ralph wrote: "The character that I liked in my book was Francie. I like her because she so smart and she uses her good look to attract others. So she also is a lying cheating wife and also is the man that she is..."

message 16: by M. (new)

I want to read this book! Can you give me a direct detail from the text? Like something that Winter says? Also, how does she look and aact?

Delores wrote: "M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond ..."

message 17: by M. (new)

Good use of quotes! Add page number next time.

Channele wrote: "So far my favorite character would be Aslaug. She acts kind of crazy. She is the one that is finding out everything for her mothers death. She starts to find out about her nature of her birth. She ..."

message 18: by M. (new)

I could see you as a detective...! You might have to work on being more quiet, though!

Tequisha wrote: "M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in..."

message 19: by Linabeth (new)

Linabeth | 4 comments My favorite character so far is Zoe.She is my favorite character so far because she is strong and even do she is sad she will always have a smile.

message 20: by Yuriana (new)

Yuriana | 5 comments My favorite character so far is Macy because she is a really nice person.She is a mature person and she takes responsibility for her own actions.

message 21: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 6 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."

My book was about this white girl who was a lame untill she met this girl name alex 1 day in the lunch and now they became friends and they started hanging out and alex introduce her to her friends and she sheds her viginity and ever since she met this girl she started doing drugs and having sex.

message 22: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 6 comments The person i find most interesting in my book is cassie and alex, because they always talking about sex and they be taking drugs and its fun reading about them.

message 23: by Sean (new)

Sean London | 4 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."

My favoraite character is jace because he is really like a dorky confused person.He also like a push over an does what
anyone tells him to you.An example was when he had to deliver the package after his shift.

message 24: by Jason (new)

Jason | 4 comments my most favorite character is max because she is a female and a leader out of the 6 of them. she is also a tom boy and can fly at the speed of light. along with how she is bossy and she is like the mother in the flock.

message 25: by Alex (new)

Alex R | 5 comments Dustfinger is my favorite character the book so far. He is because he has the abillity to use fire for anything and is funny. Dustfinger has a scar on his face,wears a black coat and is medium hight. He acts quick and teaches the little boy how to use fire.

Trequane Lee E block | 5 comments My favorite character in the book, so far, is the main character, Gerald, because I feel as if I can relate to him, in the sense of, going through struggles in life, and overcoming them no matter what obsticles try to tell us other wise. He's tall, dark skin, and a real quiet type, most likely because he has many secrets about his past that he doesn't want to really let out, as of yet.

message 27: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 5 comments Well ! Myy Favorite Character in duhh book iis Rachel Cuz she is older than herr sisterr andd she have more experienced in certain things in herr school. She is 15 and she is in duh 10 grade and she has long hair. . .

message 28: by Kadheem (new)

Kadheem | 5 comments My favorite charactor in this book would have to be Hassan. I choose him because he is a TRUE friend, he was willing to do, take, or be anything for Amir, and to me that take alot for a person to do that, and i respect him for it

message 29: by Isis (new)

Isis Mclemore | 2 comments M. wrote: "Who is your favorite character in the book so far? Or the one you find most interesting? Describe how the author uses characterization. How does s/he look, talk, act, react?

Respond in 4-5 sent..."

So Far My Favorite Character In My Book Is Gena. I Choose Her As My Favorite Character because I Think We Share Some Similarites.

message 30: by Daysha (new)

Daysha | 13 comments The character I liked in the book the MOST is Ruby . She goes through what every other teenage girl goes through as of school,homelife, and boys and still has the time to organize her life. She doesnt let the boys she mentioned on the boyfriend list get in the way of train of thought. Ruby seems to look like and talk like a stressed out teen who reacts to anything and catches on to anything very quickly and needs to vacation somewhere! MY PROOF IN A QUOTE: "You're breaking up with me and you want me not to be sensitive?!"

message 31: by Daysha (new)

Daysha | 13 comments The character I liked in the book the MOST is Ruby . She goes through what every other teenage girl goes through as of school,homelife, and boys and still has the time to organize her life. She doesnt let the boys she mentioned on the boyfriend list get in the way of train of thought. Ruby seems to look like and talk like a stressed out teen who reacts to anything and catches on to anything very quickly and needs to vacation somewhere! MY PROOF IN A QUOTE: "You're breaking up with me and you want me not to be sensitive?!"

message 32: by Daysha (new)

message 33: by Daysha (new)