Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Doing the Happy Dance!!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I'm so excited! I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm officially graduating in December of 2011. Finally have a date and it's all set. Just thought I would let all my friends on goodreads know..but those of you who visit my blog or read my facebook may already know. It will become more real when I apply for student teaching in August(you have to apply a year in advance). Definitley did a little jig when I walked out of her office and into the hallway! LOL. And PTL I don't have to retake two classes, since they transferred over after me fighting for them!

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments thats so cool you have a date. do you hope to get work in the first semester in 2012?

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Yeah, they say it isn't hard to find a job in jan...so hopefully i can find one fast. There's one that I've been asked to come back to New Braunfels and do the Kindergarten class at the Day school i used to work with before we moved. So we shall see.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments :) thanks

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Jennifer, I am so excited for you. The time will go fast, I'm sure. You will love being a teacher; it is lots of work, but worth every second of the time! I'm on spring break right now, but still miss my second graders!! (Although I also enjoy the break.) I pray that next year you get the perfect supervising teacher for your personality who will guide you and encourage you. Hugs, Barb

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Barbara wrote: "Jennifer, I am so excited for you. The time will go fast, I'm sure. You will love being a teacher; it is lots of work, but worth every second of the time! I'm on spring break right now, but still m..."

Thanks! My fifth grade teacher is great, but I just don't like fifth grade. Too much attitude and they would drive me nuts! Plus, all the TAKS preparation they do! I get bored with it. I taught two lessons today so that was fun, but I wasn't quiet into it as I would've been if it was 2nd grade or lower. I had to teach two lessons for one of my education classes or i wouldn't get credit for observing!

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Jennifer wrote: "I'm so excited! I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm officially graduating in December of 2011. Finally have a date and it's all set. Just thought I would let all my friends on goodreads k..."

CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) That's wonderful, Jennifer! Congratulations! It must be thrilling to have the end in sight. Oh, and you are going to be such a good teacher. : )

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Bravo! Applause!!!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments LOL, thanks guys! You're good for a girl's ego! I hope I will be a good teacher. I don't want to bore them to death! ;)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Renee wrote: "YAY, Jennifer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting. Happy dancing for you...only much slower, I'm sure. ;-)

~Renee~"

Hahaha!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Jillian wrote: "That's wonderful, Jennifer! Congratulations! It must be thrilling to have the end in sight. Oh, and you are going to be such a good teacher. : )"

Thanks! You're too sweet.

message 13: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Congratulations, Jennifer! I think you'll be an amazing teacher - you have so much enthusiasm. And how nice to know the date.

message 14: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Congrats, I echo Janet's statement I think you'll be completely amazing! :)

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 53 comments Congrats Jennifer!!!

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) | 222 comments Congratulations, Jennifer!

message 17: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Jennifer, that's so great! it's such an amazing feeling when you obtain a goal that you have been working for. It makes everything you've gone throught seem worth it! Way to go!

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Aww, Thanks y'all! Enthusiasm... LOL, thanks. It kinda goes with the territory. I always hated teachers who were mean and boring and didn't make things fun. Don't want to be one of those!

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Patsy wrote: "Jennifer, that's so great! it's such an amazing feeling when you obtain a goal that you have been working for. It makes everything you've gone throught seem worth it! Way to go!"

AMEN! I'm the poster child for that! Definitely took the difficult road with choices I made, but it only made me stronger and I stuck with it.

message 20: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Congratulations Jennifer!! That's awesome!! My son started teaching Chemistry/Physics this past fall up in Plano and he told me this past week that they gave him a contract for the next school year already!! I am very happy for him. And I am very happy for you too! I know you'll make an awesome teacher!

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments MaryE wrote: "Congratulations Jennifer!! That's awesome!! My son started teaching Chemistry/Physics this past fall up in Plano and he told me this past week that they gave him a contract for the next school year..."

yuck! I'm in Chemistry right now...just hoping I make a C in it. Took Physics already. Science isn't my favorite.

message 22: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Congratulations, Jennifer!!! You'll make a wonderful teacher!! I taught First grade for a few years and subbed in all the elementary grades. After Kindergarten I'd go home with a backache from all that stooping. :-) But they were adorable. I actually enjoyed Fifth graders too. They get the humor. I'm still friends with my supervising teacher.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Thanks! lol...i just finished my 60 hours of observations with fifth grade...they definitley made me laugh and want to pull my hair out at time! But, i want Kindergarten or first grade. I love that age!