Biggest Hogwarts Group discussion

Movies (Not HP) > Sweeney Todd (movie or musical)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

Sarah ∞ (stargalgirl) | 401 comments Mod
Has anyone seen Sweeney Todd? The Tim Burton version?
Johnny Depp,
Helena Bonham Carter,
Alan Rickman,
and
Timothy Spall are in the movie!

I LOVE the top 2! :D

WARNING SUMMARY NOT FOR ALL AGES!

In the Victorian London, the barber Benjamin Barker is married to the gorgeous Lucy and they have a lovely child, Johanna. The beauty of Lucy attracts the attention of the corrupt Judge Turpin, who falsely accuses the barber of a crime that he did not commit and abuses Lucy later after gaining custody of her. After fifteen years in exile, Benjamin returns to London under the new identity of Sweeney Todd, seeking revenge against Turpin. He meets the widow Mrs. Lovett who is the owner of a meat pie shop who tells him that Lucy committed suicide with arsenic many years ago, and Turpin assigned himself tutor of Johanna. He opens a barber shop above her store, initiating a crime rampage against those who made him suffer and lose his beloved family.
Todd will slice the throats of the unsuspecting public while giving them a shave. These bodies are then turned into Mrs. Lovett's new meat pies. With this plan being successful, all Todd needs to do now is try to convince the Judge to sit in his chair.

It's a musical/movie and the soundtrack is online.

message 2: by Kenia (new)

Kenia franqui (keniafranqui) | 15 comments oh i wanna see that mmovie so bad i sae a preview and i love the way he cut ppl in their troath

message 3: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

It's one of those movies that make you turn your head to the side a few dozen times. I mean, it's very un-expected. So i give you this advice,
( this won't ruining anything ) If they are singing 'Pretty Women' ( you'll know because they say, "Pretty Women' ) Don't get freaked cuz nothing gonna happen.
When they are singing Johanna for the SECOND time, please please please go ahead and look away before it's too late and just listen to the amazing voices until the song is over. You can peek when Anthony and the Women are singing BUT LOOK AWAY ON SWEENEY TODD!
And........ The last 10 minutes of the movie..... I advise TO COVER YOUR EYES FOR THE LIFE OF YOU! DO IT FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! But, it's a really good ending and you might miss something.... so you can look, but you might have to cover wait you WILL have to cover your eyes at some parts of the ending. But don't do it the whole ending, even though it's gross, you need to see it or you would have wasted all your time watching it.

message 4: by ★Maeden★, HEAD RAVENCLAW,HEADMASTER, Ancient Runes Prof. (new)

★Maeden★ (her_randomness) | 1190 comments Mod
Wow Myrtle, talk about cryptic...

message 5: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

? How ?

message 6: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

Oh yes, sorry that was very confusing! LOL

message 7: by Sёkoya♪♫ (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon (Skoya) | 116 comments *gagging in the corner*

message 8: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

Huh?
Did you see the movie or something?
lol

message 9: by Sёkoya♪♫ (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon (Skoya) | 116 comments Johnny Depp makes everything better...
I haven't finished it yet...It's one of those movies when I want to watch I don't have time

message 10: by Sёkoya♪♫ (last edited Jan 20, 2011 04:06PM) (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon (Skoya) | 116 comments I'll try to finish it soon, k?
don't give away anything important!!! other than what's on Myrtles summary...grr...I do NOT have my ways with words today....no matter what I type it comes wierd

message 11: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

Same, and sorry....LOL
I agree. I love Tim Burton and this was defiantly one of his best movie, and in my opinion, the best yet.
Johnny and Helena are defiantly my FAVORITE actors, so that makes it even more awesome

message 12: by Sёkoya♪♫ (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon (Skoya) | 116 comments There's on the I'm thinking of that was really cute...it was one a doggie version of frankenstien

message 13: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

hmm, i'm not sure right now. I know at one point in my life I sat down and ordered all Tim Burton movies, EVERY one lol, and watched them...but I'm kinda tired right now lol
I loved NBC, Bambi, I actually own a blanket, jack action figure, sally figure, Boogie man figure, 3 kids figures, Mayor figure, and calendar, and poster...lol
Well, my brother and I share the collection (we have like..10 different Jack and 2 different versions of each character). But It's mostly my brother that loves it.
I, however, am in love with Sweeney Todd.
And my older brother is in love with Corpse Bride.
So we each have crap for each of our fandoms XD
We are VERY big dorks :))

message 14: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 15 comments Go dorkdom

message 15: by Sarah ∞, FOUNDER,HEADMASTER, Quidditch Coach (new)

Haha, thank you! :)))

message 16: by Ⓛeah (new)

Ⓛeah ✿εїз✾ (goodreadscomLeah13) | 15 comments I'm a geeeeeeek

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Love them both. I love all of his movies. Nightmare before christmas, alice in wonderland, corpes bride, edward scissor hands, etc. Love them ALLL....

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ wrote: "There's on the I'm thinking of that was really cute...it was one a doggie version of frankenstien"

saw that, awesome lol. It was just funny

message 19: by Sёkoya♪♫ (new)

Sёkoya♪♫ Dixon (Skoya) | 116 comments MEE 2!!!!!!!!

I loverz edwuard scissorhands!