TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Anti Twilight Rants/Stuff > Dear God- It NEVER Ends!!! :|

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Fangirl Musings (last edited Mar 31, 2010 12:03PM) (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I spotted this headline on yahoo two microseconds ago and I was so nauseated that I couldn't even finish reading the barf-inducing news.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie...

The woman just will NOT let this crap end!!! *Bangs head against a brick wall until brain matter covers it!*

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments I think there's already this on a different topic... but sheesh SM is not a pretty woman.

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) LOL More than likely it is, but I was so overwhelmed with irritation and aggravation and every other 'atation' that I didn't spend time searching if it was so because I HAD to vent my disgust before my head imploded on itself :|

- Also, that picture of her was SO not flattering at all, I agree. As a rule I don't knock others looks but I do agree said pic was a bit awkward looking for her, no doubt.

message 4: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) Yah, somebody already posted this before

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Yeah, I know.

message 6: by Ain020596 (new)

Ain020596 She has the brains of a slug. THE SAME PLOT REPEATED TEN TIMES IS NOT FOR LOVE OF WRITING, BUT MONEY!

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Dies laughing* Amen to that, Ain! I really, REALLY don't know what's more sad- the fact that Meyer has regurgitated the same plot over and over and OVER again as a "writer," or that the fans of this series keep loving it, over and over and OVER again!...

I swear, one day I'm going to go around to all the used book stores and second hand web book dealers and round up every copy of the Twilight books I can find and have a HUGE bon fire in my back yard. Only used copies, though, because God knows I don't want to buy it new and those sales go on the books as number of sales for Meyer. :) Talk about therapeutic!

message 8: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) Hahah ja

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments She looks really pompous and smug that she's all famous and rich now.

message 10: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments I don't care about the pic, but the new book?

Um...

Please excuse me while I go throw myself off a cliff. kthnxbai

message 11: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Dies laughing* Aw, Nightshade, no commiting of suicide. We'd miss ya too much, hon!

As to the pic, I think it just made reading the article that much worse for me. Not only did I have to contend with the knowledge that there was going to be MORE of this crap, but I had to spot her nary ass face on the web page, too. Her smile just screamed "I-am-awesome-and-everyone-loves-me-and-I'm-a-GREAT-writer"...I so wanted to hit her with an iron skillet right then :|

message 12: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Alicia wrote: "She looks really pompous and smug that she's all famous and rich now."

I couldn't have said it better myself!

message 13: by Nightshade (new)

Nightshade | 1257 comments Hey, did anyone bother to watch the Eclipse trailer at the bottom of the page? Because I did. And... well...

Pfft...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

DID YOU SEE JACOB?!?! "I'm in love with you, Bella." WTH?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

message 14: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments Sigh... Since I have nothing better to do, I think I'll photoshop her face and post it on goodreads. Any suggestions what I should do? Should I turn her skin white an make it glitter? Or should her eyes be $$? Or shall I turn her furry?

message 15: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Nightshade wrote: "Hey, did anyone bother to watch the Eclipse trailer at the bottom of the page? Because I did. And... well...

Pfft...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

DID YOU SEE JACOB?!?! "I'm in love with you, Bella."..."

Nope, Nightshade, I didn't. I stay away from any and all promo stuff for Twilight. It will just irritate me and make me want to go slap down a Twi-tard witha copy of Twilight...which would result in an assault charge against me, and that's never fun :). LOL

message 16: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Alicia wrote: "Sigh... Since I have nothing better to do, I think I'll photoshop her face and post it on goodreads. Any suggestions what I should do? Should I turn her skin white an make it glitter? Or should her..."

Oooo! I really like the glitter and dollar signs for eyes- do both!

message 17: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Same here, J. With the avoid Twilight stuff. I wouldn't even buy used copies of Twilight for my bon fire, and would instead break into peoples' houses and steal them.

I don't think you have to make her skin pale. She's already paper white. And that lipstick... ugh. Who does she think she is? Snow White?

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments The lips! You gave me an idea! I can give her huge lips like the ones the vampire always have, and Edweird is always described as having, "His smooth spring was like the sinuous strike of a snake' his hands were so sure, so stong, so completely unescapable; his full lips were perfect as they parted over his gleaming teeth. He was glorious."

PUH-LEEZE!

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments Eew. Staring at her pic while photoshoping it is making me nauseated.

message 20: by Simona-- (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense  (completelyinsane) | 806 comments Mhmm.
Question about the book: Bree had like, one page in the Eclipse book, how is SMeyer going to stretch that out to a few hundred more? And besides, it's not like this is really going any where. Hate to spoil it, but she DIES.

Oh, and the Eclipse trailer was hilarious. I think it's funny how seriously SM is taking herself.

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments I think its the part BEFORE she dies. I think the story's gonna be about her being a newborn vampire and killing people is Seattle and maybe her life before that.

message 22: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Hadis (Ecoria) | 38 comments I've done the pic. Can anyone tell me where to upload it?

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 756 comments Jacqueline wrote: "I spotted this headline on yahoo two microseconds ago and I was so nauseated that I couldn't even finish reading the barf-inducing news.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie......"

Oh. My. God. THIS IS NEVER GOING TO END~!!!

And i agree. I never knew Stephenie Meyer was so..so.. salad intolerant. I'm trying to say this in a nice way.

And wow. What a great title. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.

That's a mouthful.

message 24: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Alicia wrote: "I've done the pic. Can anyone tell me where to upload it?"

I'm not sure. I think that you can upload it directly into the group's photos.

message 25: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Or you can put it on your own photos, then put a link up here.

message 26: by Laura (new)

Laura | 170 comments ugh i hate her so much!
also, she doesn't deserve to be a multi millionare... there are far more deserving people than her

message 27: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Here's what KILLS me....

As everyone probably knows, because I can NEVER shut up about her, I'm obsessed with the author Sherrilyn Kenyon to the point of excess.

Now, despite what anyone's opinion is as to her genre that she dominates, Kenyon is a talented author- at least in my opinion- galaxies and lightyears ahead of Meyer. And yet Kenyon spent literarlly- LITERALLY- damned near ten years trying to get her Dark-Hunter series onto the market, even after she had published other series and books the first time around in her career.

What KILLS my soul by the death of a thousand cuts is that Kenyon, who is such a profound author in her creativity and soul rendering emotional scenes and kickass heros and heroines, worked her ever loving ass off getting her books in print. The woman actually has file cabinets upon file cabinets stuffed to the gills with rejection letter after rejection letter, trying to achieve her dream. She literally poured her heart, sweat, blood, and soul into her work, and finally- finally- she achieved the tremendous success has today. And rightfully so...

And yet...

Stephanie Meyer can submit ten piddly ass query letters and publish some water downed, puke worthy, laughable, badly written, weak-assed character filled plot, with four books total about one dumb ass couple and BAM- instant publishing contract and subsequent literary stardom.

This...this just kills me to my core! Needless to say, frustration and aggravation don't come near the level pissed off this makes me. And even outside of Sherrilyn Kenyon! I know there are other authors out there, tremendously talented, gifted writers who could smack Meyer down in a heartbeat that are still unpublished to this day!

message 28: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I'm sorry about the rant guys, but needless to say, that had been building for a while now :|.

message 29: by AA (new)

AA | 1397 comments Its good to let it all out.

message 30: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) It's all about what's selling.

Harry Potter was shot down dozens of times before it was published - the editors didn't think that it would sell.

message 31: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Dozens???? I thought is was only seven. And it was a good rant, J. I liked the "WHAT KILLS MY SOUL" paragrah.

message 32: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) *sigh* I dunno. It was a lot.

message 33: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Your Friendly Neighborhood Grammar Nazi wrote: "It's all about what's selling.

Harry Potter was shot down dozens of times before it was published - the editors didn't think that it would sell."

That is true, and I know it, because that's why Kenyon couldn't get her DH books published, because during the 90s and early 00s, the world vampire was a four letter word, and anything paranormal was dead in the water since Anne Rice was dominating the market to the point of utter saturation. So in reality, it makes sense overall...but even still, despite all the know how and explanations as to the "whys" it still just kills me to my core! *Rolls eyes in frustration*

message 34: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Rose wrote: "Dozens???? I thought is was only seven. And it was a good rant, J. I liked the "WHAT KILLS MY SOUL" paragrah."

:) Aw, thanks Rose! *Smiles*

message 35: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Uh...................... thanks.

message 36: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments KILL! KILL HER!

message 37: by Rose (new)

Rose (iceclaw) | 2069 comments Me??????????

message 38: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) That's kinda disturbing, I*rule, and just a bit over the top, no matter who you're talking about :-|...

Unless you're talking about Meyer, but even then, that's extreme, lol.

message 39: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Yeah, IRA. Disturbed much?

message 40: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments I was talking about SM, for god's sake. She pisses me off SO FREAKIN' MUCH!!! ARRRGH!

Woah... I gotta take my pills.

message 41: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Nods in agreement and hands IRA her pills* LMAO :)

message 42: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments *glugs 'em*

OK, I'm better now!

*thinking* -World domination...-

message 43: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) How do you glug a solid pill?

message 44: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments Believe me, I've done it before. ^.^

message 45: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) HOW? IT'S JUST NOT DONE!

message 46: by I*rule*all (last edited Apr 09, 2010 08:15PM) (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments I've got my ways. x3

message 47: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Your kitty face got screwed up.

message 48: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments I'll fix it.

message 49: by Keara (new)

Keara (kearachristine) Go away, please!

message 50: by I*rule*all (new)

I*rule*all  (iruleall) | 776 comments Waddahell?

« previous 1 3 4