Christopher Paolini (INHERITANCE CYCLE series) discussion

Book 4 > Dragon Egg

Comments Showing 1-50 of 339 (339 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments I must have missed something there, but why does everyone think that the last dragon egg must be green?

message 2: by Harpoon (new)

Harpoon ... | 1387 comments Bec. its the only good color available, other than brown violet or pink

message 3: by Tara, In hoc signo vinces (new)

Tara | 1068 comments Mod
I personally would like it to be white, because that would be like, the first rider's dragon was white, and so was the "last."

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I thought it was supposed to be green?

message 5: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments IT HAS NEVER BE WRITTEN THAT THE EGG WOULD BE GREEN!! It is just assumed, for some reson, the egg could be any color. who says it won't be orange or golden, like Gleadr.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Because green hasn't been used yet?

message 7: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments Yeah, it's just assumed. But I hope it's purple instead. ;)

message 8: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments It could be any color

message 9: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments white hasn't been use yet, same for purple, pink, brown, orange...

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) True. I think it'd be good for it to be green...

message 11: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments It's probably what it's going to be because everyone expects it to be. But it wouldn't be very creative on CP's part.

message 12: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments It might have something to do that the fact of Ayra's magic is green...?? I don't know...

or that somewhere it was said it the cover was going to be green.

message 13: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments those are just rumors. on official sites they still havn't said what the color was going to be

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Wait, Arya's magic is green?

message 15: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments Never heard of that

message 16: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments and if it is, how the hell did it get determined or where was it said?

message 17: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I know, right!?

message 18: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments Anyone knows where it is writen?!?!?!

message 19: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments tom wrote: "Anyone knows where it is writen?!?!?!"

It's not at all official. People just assumed incorrectly.

message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments Well, it's like people are saying Ayra is going to be a dragon rider. People are just speculating. And with what people were saying Ayra's magic is green, she is an elf, and she comes from the forest, and the forest has alot of green....and brown...again, just speculating.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I see.

message 22: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments how do hell do you determine the color of magic?!?!

message 23: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments I don't know...@_@

message 24: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments ... I don't think it matters. Magic doesn't really have a color. Once again, I think people are just assuming.

message 25: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments ~♥Alyssa♥~ wrote: "... I don't think it matters. Magic doesn't really have a colour. Once again, I think people are just assuming."

So, basically they make it up. Okay...@_@ why do people do that? really...

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments imagination gets carried away :)

message 27: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments They love rumors

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) I really don't care, personally. It'll all be what it'll be. Although, it IS fun to speculate.

message 29: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments Speculation and anticipation is half the fun of a new book! :)

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments true true :D

message 31: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments That is true....but when you have had too much time to speculate you start to get annoying to talk about it and just move on to something else until the new book comes out. maybe by the time i move to england it will come out. hahaha

message 32: by tom (new)

tom | 59 comments Speculation is nice but when people think that it is true, like the case of aria's magic (EVERYONE THINKS THAT), it gets annoying, really annoying. because IT IS NOT TRUE

message 33: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 592 comments Yeah. There's nothing wrong with speculation until people begin believing it, like you said.

message 34: by Steven (new)

Steven | 15 comments ~♥Alyssa♥~ wrote: "... I don't think it matters. Magic doesn't really have a color. Once again, I think people are just assuming."

I'm pretty sure that a rider's magic takes the color of his dragon. Think Brom told Eragon that in Book 1 when he asked why his brisngr flame was blue.

message 35: by Steven (new)

Steven | 15 comments "A flash of emerald light briefly illuminated the forest, and the stone vanished." (Eragon, page 4)

"But Arya raised her palm, shouting, and an emerald ball of energy shot from her hand, killing the Urgal." (Eragon, page 485)

"On her back was Arya: hair billowing wildly, arm uplifted, palm glowing with a nimbus of green magic." (Eragon, page 490)

Christopher Paolini, himself, also said that the last dragon would be green, or at least the cover art for the final book would be a green dragon. That is why every one assumes Arya will be the next dragon rider.

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments Well, we've all been proven wrong.

-looks down in disgrace-

message 37: by Steven (new)

Steven | 15 comments I think that Paolini is postponing the book just to screw with our heads

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (fightingfirewithfire) | 68 comments Hahaha.
Well, it's workinggg.
And I'm sure if us fans actually found out that was what he was doing, we would egg his house xD

message 39: by Steven (new)

Steven | 15 comments Oh soo true. Nice green eggs. Lol

message 40: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments See...well that's what i thought. Her magic is green...i just don't remember about reading it haha.

it's the colour of the egg we don't know for sure and that everyone is saying that it is green. Because Ayra's magic is green assuming that she is the rider.

But we don't know the colour of the egg yet. This is where the speculation is.

message 41: by Steven (new)

Steven | 15 comments Well if the cover of the 4th book is going to be a green dragon, I cant think of a different dragon popping up other than the unhatched one.

message 42: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments lol....okay...nevermind then.

@_@

message 44: by Graziella (new)

Graziella (grazia) | 664 comments that was in august..hmmm lol

message 45: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Graziella ♑ wrote: "That is true....but when you have had too much time to speculate you start to get annoying to talk about it and just move on to something else until the new book comes out. maybe by the time i move..."

I know, two years is way too long.

message 46: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Man! CP needs some surprise. Knowing him though (sadly) it'll be someone obvious.

message 47: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
tom wrote: "I must have missed something there, but why does everyone think that the last dragon egg must be green?"
look at the windows icon, CP has no inspiration. tah

message 48: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Haha

message 49: by John, dr.evil from austin powers. YOUTUBE IT...NOW (new)

John | 1254 comments Mod
i like green

message 50: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (chasmofbooks) Red is cooler.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7