Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > What is your ideal book haven?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I spotted this link to pictures of someone's personal library on an author blog.

What is your ideal book haven? Would you like a library like this? What would you change?

I would LOVE to have something like this! All the wood, the old books and the gadgets chronicling the timeline of how we write/read/listen to our books - it's amazing. As someone commented on this page, I had a "nerdgasm" when I saw the pictures, lol!

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4511 comments Amy, that is the most amazing, fascinating, drool-worthy library in the history of the planet.

I want one just like it, but you'd probably not have time to read, as there is too much to look at.

But I'd have to go with more comfy-looking seating.

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Wow that is amazing looking!!! I don't think that's my book haven though.

Honestly I just want a place that has all the books that I enjoy and I don't have to go rooting around for them in some big old dusty place. I want nice modern shelves and big comfy and cushy armchairs that I can curl up in.

And lots of light! I don't want to strain my eyes while reading all the fantastic books. lol.

message 4: by new_user (new)

new_user Jealous! LOL.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I think when I win the powerball I will make a library like that.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments WoW...that is pretty amazing...but like Jess, good shelving, lots of light comfy seating and a fireplace...all comfy and cozy for reading ;-)

message 7: by Lela (new)

Lela Gwenn (gwenn) | 6 comments Big overstuffed sofa, so I can sit with my dog and read. Lots of light and a never ending supply of books. Is it odd that I am most jealous of the floor in his library? Just saying! :)

message 8: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 237 comments I love the floor too and the window/curtains. I agree with the comfy seating and fireplace. I'd want lots of candles too though I'd try not to burn the place down!

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Oh a fireplace would be great!! With a nice soft afghan to cuddle up with.

I want a library!!!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments oh, and a wine cellar....books, fireplace, comfy chair with afghan and a glass of wine..

message 11: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments I am just a simple girl give me a warm day,a hammock on the beach and I am really happy.

message 12: by N.L. (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) That's a lovely library. Very jealous.

For me, I'm happy with an oversized comfy recliner, a lamp, a blanket to cuddle in, a cup of tea and a mountain of books to read. A fireplace would be nice in the winter but I'm happy with an electric blanket too.

message 13: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥ I can not believe my home pictures were leaked again. I do not know what I am gonna do! LOL!! I love it. My own personal library like that, boy I would not come out for weeks at a time. If it had a little kitchen area it would be perfect.

message 14: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Thats not all that great of a library. I mean, it probably doesn't even have room service. Shesh, the pig holes that some people are willing to read in is just ridiculous.

In all seriousness its ok. Its a bit over the top for me. Did anyone see Ink Hart? That library in Italy is beautiful. Id love to have a large chair and ottoman instead of the window seat overlooking the lake but simple and old world is perfect for me.

I found this while looking for pictures of the Ink Hart Library. http://www.snowdonhopkins.com/graphic... THATS my library.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Kenna wrote: "Thats not all that great of a library. I mean, it probably doesn't even have room service. Shesh, the pig holes that some people are willing to read in is just ridiculous.

In all seriousness its o..."

I love the staircase!! I would want one of those in my library as well!

message 16: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4511 comments Kenna, love that library, the comfy chairs are a must. I like to loll around while reading.

message 17: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments @Kenna ok I love that library!

However this would be my perfect reading spot
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aOVUVB-gmBA...

message 18: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments The beach one would be good, but I would worry about moisture getting to the books.

message 19: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4511 comments Despite living in Aus with all the great beaches, I'm not really a sand sorta girl.

message 20: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4054 comments @ Darcy see that is just practical LOL

@Sandra I think that picture is from Bondi Beach LOL

message 21: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4511 comments Yeah, it could be Bondi. But there are plenty of beaches here way better than Bondi. Bondi's the tourist beach, I think I've been there once.

Still I'm not really a beachy girl, I just get sunburnt.
Give me a nice library, comfy chair and lots of books.

message 22: by Kenna (last edited Apr 08, 2010 05:18PM) (new)

Kenna (kennas) Sandra wrote: "
Still I'm not really a beachy girl, I just get sunburnt.
Give me a nice library, comfy chair and lots of books. "

I hear ya on that one. I got excited because I wore shorts this week and my legs started to turn pink. Woke up this morning and realized that they were apparently just embarrassed because there was NO sign of color at all today.

message 23: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Rush (jaime_rush) | 126 comments LOL on your embarassed legs, Kenna!

I love floating in the pool and reading. Or sitting out on the deck. ::SIGH:: Wish I had time to do that more.

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  (lisao_0) mmmm don't think i will get a library lke that anytime soon but i need a book shelf ;) I moved rooms and my bookshelf like went *poof!* actually i thinks its in my brothers room but .... yer i want a nice bookshlef ;)