The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > What Upcoming Book Are You Most Excited About?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 184 (184 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild I've been searching around and not seen a similar thread (if there is one this could be combined), but there are a few books on the horizon or just released that I cannot wait to read. Here's a few of mine:
Pearl of China by Anchee Min (please click on Kindle request!)
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (also please click on Kindle request)

message 2: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (foreveryearning) | 145 comments Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson

message 4: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (chantelle13) | 90 comments I'm echoing a few people:
Pearl of China and Mockingjay.

(clicking on the kindle request now!)

message 5: by Rosalie (new)

Rosalie Sambuco | 16 comments THE GREATEST KNIGHT
THE SCARLET LION
THE KING'S GRACE these are three of the new books I just received from Amazon & BN. Lately I have been reading English history of the Plantagenets, Tudors and Stuarts.

message 6: by Halfbakedbeans (new)

Halfbakedbeans MacKinnon | 1 comments definitely in agreement on Mockingjay. Also looking forward to Linger, and now of course The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner. All of which come out this summer!! Yay!

message 7: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I wonder if there is a Mysterious Benedict Society #4...

message 8: by Marisa (new)

Marisa Atkinson (totesmarisa) | 28 comments I cannot WAIT for Marisha Pessl's Night Film. At last check it was supposed to be released in late 2010 but that's the most I've heard. Maybe it's elusiveness is feeding my frenzy...

message 9: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 210 comments I'm really looking forward to Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones. It comes out April 6th or 7th. I already pre-ordered it from Amazon.

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 437 comments Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay...I love his books!

message 11: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (jayme-reads) Oh my god! That was the the first book that popped into my head when I read this thread title, Lisa. Nobody ever talks about Kay though. I'm the one and only person on the library waiting list for when the book comes out. We have 240 books in common, that's a record for me!

message 12: by Terence (new)

Terence (spocksbro) The Crippled God, Steven Erikson - after 9 books we finally get to see how the world ends (or doesn't).

Can't wait for the US edition so it'll be the UK version in August.

message 13: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Kristine wrote: "Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson"

YES AND YES!!!!!

message 14: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (foreveryearning) | 145 comments Also looking forward for the paperback of The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

message 15: by Shelli (new)

Shelli I just read it in paperback....I guess mine was from the UK and I didn't even realize it...I got it at the library sale!

message 16: by Bridgit (new)

Bridgit | 475 comments I am really looking forward to The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss...who knows when it is coming out though! Everytime I look the pub date gets pushed further back!

message 17: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 326 comments Gosh! The three I'm waiting on have been mentioned!

Pearl, Mockingbird, Hornet's!!

message 18: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Oooh, I second Mockingjay!

message 19: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) in no particular order:
Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)  by Melissa Marr Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward [image error] Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by Erika (new)

Erika (erikareading) I'm waiting for my turn at Beatrice and Virgil: A Novel (31 of 35 holds...yikes!) and for my library to get their copies of Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Instructions. I also requested Union Atlantic which just came out in February, I think.

message 22: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild I nominated it for a Category 2 read for May - will you be voting for it?

message 24: by Laurence (new)

Laurence (lovetoreadnyc) Kristine wrote: "Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

My list excatly :-)

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie Flora Wilkins (kflora) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson"

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 9 comments Lover Mine and Sizzling Sixteen Really looking forward to those two.

message 28: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 358 comments The Passage by Justin Cronin
The News Where You Are by Catherine O'Flynn
Fever Dream by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 437 comments Jayme wrote: "Oh my god! That was the the first book that popped into my head when I read this thread title, Lisa. Nobody ever talks about Kay though. I'm the one and only person on the library waiting list for ..."

Jayme...I'm number 16 of 19, so there's a bit more interest here. I might just end up buying it, though so I don't have to wait!

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie Flora Wilkins (kflora) Me too, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larsson

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Eleven by Mark Watson, because, despite their lack of popularity, his other novels are wonderful.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eleven-Mark-W...

message 33: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild Ethan wrote: "Bite Me by Christopher Moore and Tell-All by Chuck Palahniuk"

Have you read any other Chris Moore books and if so which ones would you recommend?

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieisallbooked) | 109 comments I just found out that Sophie Kinsella is publishing another book in the Shopaholic series soon. It's one of my favorite series ever and I'm excited!

message 35: by Alex (new)

Alex F1, not that you asked me, but the wide consensus I've heard is that you should start with Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. Dirty Job and that one about the thing get more mixed reviews.

I've only read Lamb; found it enjoyable if not life-changing.

message 36: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild Cheers, Alex! I downloaded a sample onto my Kindle and will take a lookie quite soon.

message 37: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild I'm looking forward to Glorious (a must read for The Help fans) and Girl in Translation.

message 38: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 27 comments I am anxiously awaiting Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and Lover Mine. I requested them early from the library a month ago but I know I'll end up buying them anyway. I am most ready for Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris. The only bad thing is I will read each one in a day and then have the "day after Christmas" letdown. Oh and Mockingjay. Man, I am going to be so broke.

message 39: by Marti (new)

Marti (marjay) | 985 comments Sizzling Sixteen is coming soon!!!

message 40: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 524 comments Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead!

message 41: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) F1Wild wrote: "I'm looking forward to Glorious (a must read for The Help fans) and Girl in Translation."

Glorious? Oh do tell! (Obviously I'm a fan of The Help :D)

message 42: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild Susanna wrote: "F1Wild wrote: "I'm looking forward to Glorious (a must read for The Help fans) and Girl in Translation."

Glorious? Oh do tell! (Obviously I'm a fan of The Help :D)"

It's supposed to launch for Kindle on May 1st (on pre-order now), but there are seven 5-star reviews (maybe the authors advance readers?? Here's a few bits from Amazon:
McFadden, in her powerful seventh novel, tells the story of Easter Bartlett as she journeys from the violent Jim Crow South to the promise of the Harlem Renaissance and the civil rights movement. Along the way, Easter forms relationships with both products of McFadden's imagination and actual historical figures...McFadden interweaves fiction with the historic period of the Harlem Renaissance in this novel about a woman's struggle against hate and disappointment.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Im most excited about The Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 27 comments I forgot about the new Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child book coming in May. It's a Pendergast novel. Anyone who likes thrillers should check out these books. They are fantastic.

message 45: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (kalypso) | 102 comments I just started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I now know why everyone is so excited for the new one to come out!

message 46: by Jo (new)

Jo Yesterday i preordered Mockingjay and Linger. Very excited!

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan I can't wait for those two either Jo!!

message 49: by Dionisia (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 332 comments Kristine wrote: "Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

YES! I have preordered both of these books (a first for me). I am soooo pressed to read them. Man oh man.

message 50: by SweetPea (new)

SweetPea (wunderkindle) | 5 comments F1Wild wrote: "Susanna wrote: "F1Wild wrote: "I'm looking forward to Glorious (a must read for The Help fans) and Girl in Translation."

Glorious? Oh do tell! (Obviously I'm a fan of The Help :D)"
It's supposed t...

It's supposed to launch for Kindle on May 1st (on pre-order now), but there are seven 5-star reviews (maybe the authors advance readers?? Here's a few bits from Amazon:
McFadden, in her powerful seventh novel, tells the story of Easter Bartlett as she journeys from the violent Jim Crow South to the promise of the Harlem Renaissance and the civil rights movement. Along the way, Easter forms relationships with both products of McFadden's imagination and actual historical figures...McFadden interweaves fiction with the historic period of the Harlem Renaissance in this novel about a woman's struggle against hate and disappointment. "

Oooh...that sounds good! I loved The Help and just finished another book set in New York, so this sounds really appealing. I'll have to be on the lookout for Glorious.

« previous 1 3 4