Robin Jones Gunn (CM & SJ) discussion

Sierra Jensen > Just like Doug & Tracy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam (wickedlovely55) Wouldn't it be just absolutely amazing to stand up there on the altar with the man the Lord has chosen for you in the front of all your friends, family and above all, God, knowing you've completed His task of staying pure until you marry? The sense of accomplishment, romance and having God's blessings poured into your relationship is exactly what I want in my life. A perfect example of what I'm pray God will bless me with when His timing is right.
Of course, I'd already lost my lip virginity before I even met Doug & Tracy along with Todd & Christy. I had no idea how special kisses were and if I'd have known, things would be different today. But other than that, I'm pure and I know God is proud of me for that. I plan to stick it out until my wedding day.

What about you? What are your thoughts about the whole thing. Do you think that you want to wait even after what you read about Doug & Tracy's wedding and the relationship between Todd & Christy? Did you decide to stay pure even before the books and they just backed up you decision?
I want to hear from all you fellow CM&SJ readers!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "Wouldn't it be just absolutely amazing to stand up there on the altar with the man the Lord has chosen for you in the front of all your friends, family and above all, God, knowing you've completed ..."

I'm only 13, but I still have friends that have had boyfriends and stuff like that since 5th grade. I personally have never kissed anyone let alone had a boyfriend, but i think that Doug and Tracy stayed pure just like Christy and Tood.

message 3: by Sam (new)

Sam (wickedlovely55) You're totally right. Christy and Todd did too. After you read their books didn't it make you want the same kind of purity between you and your future husband?

Are you a Christian?

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam (wickedlovely55) (My question was just our of curiosity. I'm not saying that to want a pure relationship you have to be a Christian.)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, i am a Christian.

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina | 3 comments Sam wrote: "Wouldn't it be just absolutely amazing to stand up there on the altar with the man the Lord has chosen for you in the front of all your friends, family and above all, God, knowing you've completed ..."

Yes I think that would be incredible to maintain that kind of purity... I <3 these books, especially Christy&Todd's relationship.

*Praying for my Todd!* :)

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryhasalotofbooks) | 1 comments I have to admit I don't agree with saving the kiss, but I am all for staying pure (Yes i'm Christian)

message 8: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (orcagal) My mother tried to install this "100% pure until marriage" on her kids. It did not work and I think because of her insistence, it did not work, for me or one of my brothers who dates. I did not like being told what I was and was not going to do, so of course I did not follow that rule. I do not have any regrets over losing mt lip virginity whatsoever. I have gotten more careful over the years about who those kisses go to.
As a divorced woman, I have chosen to stay celibate until I am blessed with the opportunity to marry the right man that God has chosen for me.