Kay Scarpetta Books/Movie Group discussion

Cornwell Books > Cornwell Books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 49 comments Mod
Do you read Cornwell's Scarpetta series or her other books?

message 2: by Nicole (new)

I am reading Portrait of a Killer, but am also reading the whole Scarpetta series.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbiebar) I've only read the Scarpetta series and none of her other books. I picked up Body Farm at random when I was browsing in a local bookstore and I was hooked. I've already read the entire series and am now waiting for the movie.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Hi Abbie,

Thanks for the comment. I'm slowly making my way through the series. I'm currently reading Blowfly and the way it's formatted is throwing me off a bit.

message 5: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (abbiebar) hi.. i know,i also found it weird when the books changed its format. i'm really glad i stumbled upon this website because i'm addicted to the series and it's nice getting in touch with others who like it too. i wish i hadn't read the books too fast but i was having too much fun.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

I just found out I skipped one! Didn't really notice till a friend asked a question about it. It was the book where Lucy had the relationship with Carrie. Can't remember the name!

message 7: by Robyn (new)

Robyn | 1 comments Essential to the long haul of the stories... must read!

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) I am going to try to read the whole Scarpetta series in 2011. Anyone fancy joining me?

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Hi Clare,

I will join you! I'm a bit ahead of you but I think I will need the year to finish!

Any other takers?

message 10: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) Awesome! Well I hope that I will be able to make this challenge by Dec 31 2011... I have so many books I want to get through this year coming! Any one else want to join us in this challenge?

message 11: by Ami (new)

Ami Cook I have been slowly picking up her collection as I see it around. I get them at good will, half price books, used bookstores you name it. I think I'm down to only needing Dust and one other. It's been fun to see where I find them. I also started the collection over by checking out audio books from the library. I travel a lot in the car for work and it's been nice to listen to them or "read" them again out loud. However, I'm currently listening to All That Remains and I'm sure it's just me but her narration is not my favorite. She speaks rapidly and almost sounds British which to me distracts from what I think Kay would sound like. Anyone else ever listen to them vs reading them?

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Ami wrote: "I have been slowly picking up her collection as I see it around. I get them at good will, half price books, used bookstores you name it. I think I'm down to only needing Dust and one other. It's be..."

I wish there was a Half Priced Books by me. Love that shop. I have an awesome thrift store close by that is practically a bookstore though so I score a lot of Cornwell from there. Good to know about the narration! I've never listened but I might give it a try. Not that one though!