I Just Want to Read (Book Club) discussion

Book Club Books > Book Vote

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Mar 28, 2010 07:41PM) (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) What do you want to read next?

This discussion board will be cleared every month.

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I was thinking maybe Rebecca or Uglies or Watership Down or Her Fearful Symmetry or anything really

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo I've got Rebecca and Uglies so i'm happy with either of them!

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I'm leaning more towards Rebecca because I have that book but not Uglies...

message 5: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I also have The Hunger Games and The Graveyard Book if anyone is interested in those

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo I've read The Hunger Games so i can join in a discussion on that one.

message 7: by Katieb (new)

Katieb | 17 comments i've read hunger games too, but I really want to read it again, so I"m cool with that! hahaha but I am also willing to read other books. I couldn't get the Book Thief from the library, so I couldn't participate in that one.. but yeah!

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) That's coolio - I'm reading the graveyard book right now so I kind of don't want to read that again in like two months.

Whatever book is easier for people to get their hands on - I'm just going to get 1984 from the uni library but I think I can only borrow it for a week so I'll wait a bit before I pick it up.

message 9: by Jo (new)

Jo Will there be a poll?

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) That's a good idea...

Yes. Yes there will be a poll.

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiek11) | 5 comments I know I just joined this bookclub about two minutes ago, but I thought I'd put in my two cents! I vote for the Graveyard Book. I LOVE the author and haven't gotten around to that particular novel.

Anyway, I'll look forward to the poll. :)

message 12: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Hello!

You should read the graveyard book now - I'm reading it and it would be cool to talk to someone about it.

I just realised it was by the same guy who wrote coraline - which I loved!

message 13: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiek11) | 5 comments He's so creative, isn't he? I haven't read coraline yet, but Neverwhere is one of my faves! I'll pick up the Graveyard book tonight and get started on it!

message 14: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Coolio - I can't get my hands on 1984 yet so I'm reading this in the meantime - it's good to have a reading buddy!

message 15: by Madi (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) I don't really care, I've read uglies before so probably not that but i am fine with any of the others, o can just pick them up from the school library.

message 16: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I miss my school library - when I left I asked my sister so many times to get the moth diaries out for me but she wouldn't, so I had to wait years to read it again!

message 17: by Madi (last edited May 02, 2010 01:20AM) (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) Yeah I love school libraries although the one in my current school is a little bit lacking, they're trying to digitize everything.

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I really hate that - you know the library in Perth doesn't even loan books! What is that about?

message 19: by Madi (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) thats weird, what is it for then....

message 20: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I don't really know... It is a state library - are they not for books? I haven't been in there to be honest, I was just on their site looking for how I would go about getting a library card and found out that they are for accessing the computers there and they don't loan books 'at the moment'.

message 21: by Madi (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) haha certainly odd. As much as i love the computer age I will cry if I lose my solid literature lol
there's nothing better than snuggling up with a good book.

message 22: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Yes! Like those e-books, I don't think I could stand that.

message 23: by Liz (last edited May 07, 2010 01:27AM) (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Is everyone happy with The Hunger Games for the next book?

message 24: by Tiiamaria (new)

Tiiamaria Yes:) and maybe i can introduce myself here at the same time. I'm 20 years old and i am from Finland but at this moment i'm an au pair on connecticut, USA:) this seems like a really good bookclub and i like that there is not too too many members

message 25: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Hello! And thankyou!

message 26: by Jo (new)

Jo I'm happy with Hunger Games. Hi, Tiiamaria!

message 27: by Katieb (new)

Katieb | 17 comments yay!

message 28: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiek11) | 5 comments Hunger games sounds great to me! And 1984 is one of my favorite books, so I'm excited to discuss it here.

As for the graveyard book--I read it on the plane yesterday! Liz, what did you think of it?

message 29: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I haven't finished it yet but it's pretty enjoyable so far - I like the way every chapter is a different year and a different adventure or two.

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiek11) | 5 comments Yeah, it's cute! And showing the progression of time like that keeps it interesting! It made me wish that I was reading aloud to a kid, you know?

message 31: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I wish I was a kid being read aloud to...

message 32: by Katieb (new)

Katieb | 17 comments I had an intense f-ed up dream last night that had a kind of hunger games theme so I am super excited to read it!!

message 33: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Let's vote again - what should be in the vote?

I want Rebecca, Uglies and Her Fearful Symmetry.

Any other books you want on there?

message 34: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Is everyone happy with Uglies next?

message 35: by Jo (new)

Jo I am. When is the discussion?

message 36: by Madi (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) Yeah uglies sounds good.

message 37: by Liz (last edited Jul 12, 2010 08:41PM) (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Any ideas for the next few books? I left this a little late so I might just pick some and if there are any objections I'll change it...

message 38: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) Actually I went through and picked some books from everyones shelf for the future (especially those that overlapped)...

message 39: by Madi (new)

Madi (madi_isnt) Oh awesome, which books did you choose?

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) I chose a few so that I don't have to worry about being behind again - I chose:
Catch-22
Animal Farm
The Virgin Suicides
One Hundred Years of Solitude

message 41: by Jo (new)

Jo I've read Virgin Suicides and i have Catch 22 and One Hundred Years of Solitude, so i am happy with any of those 3!

message 42: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) The one I picked next was catch-22

message 43: by Jo (new)

Jo When are you reading it?

message 44: by Liz (new)

Liz (zucchiniesinbikinies) July 22 - August 12

message 45: by Jo (new)

Jo Ok, i will see if i can fit it in.