Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > April 2010- What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
With April just a couple days away. I thought I'd post the thread. Feel free to list what you plan to read or challenges your in etc =D

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Mar 28, 2010 09:46AM) (new)

I have put Bad Moon Rising on the list so far =D To continue my New Year's Resolution [yeah still hanging in there with that!:]. I am reading the BREEDS series by Lora Leigh. Soul Deep is the next one. I will add Dirty v Megan Hart, so I can complete a swap I owe =D Need to finish First Drop of Crimson, which I didn't think would take more than 2-3 days!

TBR
Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #19) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Soul Deep (Breeds, #5) by Lora Leigh Dirty by Megan Hart First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 03, 2010 12:06PM) (new)

March turned out to be a great reading month for me with 14 books read! So this month I'm going to try for 15 books(hopefully more) if possible. So Far I have 4 books that's going to start off my April reading...

The Body Finder (Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Fade (Dream Catcher, #2) by Lisa McMann

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I am currently reading Dead Beat, so I hope to finish it before the month of April is over!

message 5: by AmandaG (last edited Mar 31, 2010 08:32AM) (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments I'm in another group that has a challenge to read a book from ten different series within April. I'm going to start off by reading Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione which I've been wanting to read since it came out, but haven't due to Sony's file being corrupted. Or something. It's since been resolved! Yay! Then will read Black Ice (Ice, #1) by Anne Stuart , Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh , Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts and Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur in some random order.

message 6: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Psy-Changling and Riley Jenson are both very good! I finished FDOC, so I can mark that down as a March read =D.

I think I read 14 books or so as well, Kat. I am in that "144 in 2010" book group so my goal is to read 12 books a month.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 31, 2010 01:35PM) (new)

Kenjii: I am also doing the 144 book challenge but i'm really hoping to read 150, that is sort of a personal goal for myself for 2010. If I keep on reading 12 or more books a month I should be able to do it, but with summer just around the corner my time to read gets to be less and less but i'll keep plugging away and hopefully reach my goal!

message 8: by Lady Allison (last edited Apr 02, 2010 07:18PM) (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments I'm doing a couple of challenges in some other groups as well, so to start the month off I finished Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Bitten by Kelley Armstrong & I liked it a lot - took a bit to get into, but in the end it was a great read. Next, on to Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead, her latest Georgina Kincaid!

Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews (pnrbookloverreviews) Allison wrote: "I'm doing a couple of challenges in some other groups as well, so to start the month off I finished Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley ArmstrongBitten by Kelley Armstrong & I liked it a lot - took a bit t..."

Im about to start reading Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
what did you honestly think about it, ill have to let you no when im done and we can discuss :)

message 10: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Angela, now that we're friends you can check out my review for it! :) I really honestly liked it! It took me a bit to get into it, but after I did it is a really well written story & the action keeps your heart pumping & Elena is a relatable woman. I liked all the psychological/analytical aspects of human behavior (you'll understand that better when you read it) that she put in there too. The characters are solid & so's the writing :) I'd love to discuss when you're done!

message 11: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I am currently reading The Lightning Thief because it finally came in from the LIB. I'll have to put a couple other books on hold to make sure I finish this by the due date. Not sure I can renew it, since its in such high demand. I'll probably read the series since it has to do with Greek myth.

message 12: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Finished Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows, Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Cry Wolf, & One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #17) by Sherrilyn Kenyon One Silent Night this weekend & then Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Moon Called today.

Loved Succubus Shadows, am interested in Cry Wolf but it was hard to get into at first, lots of description, of course loved One Silent Night as I'm a huuuuuuge Dark-Hunter fan! & I liked Moon Called better than Cry Wolf but I'll be continuing both series regardless.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) I finished Dead Beat and am reading Proven Guilty.

message 14: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (last edited Apr 06, 2010 05:59PM) (new)

I am partway through Pride and The Lightning Thief. Seems I always start a new book before finishing the last one. I will start Dirty tonight or tomorrow. I started Bad Moon Rising this afternoon.

message 15: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Just finished City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Bones yesterday & now I'm reading Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #18 and/or Dream-Hunters, Book #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dream Warrior - I think this is the best Dream-Hunter book I've read so far, lots of action!

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I'm reading Born to be Bad and getting ready to start Fang and Caught.

message 17: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

The trouble with reading so many good books....? I never know which one to pick up! Decisions, decisions. last night I read a bit more of Bad Moon Rising v Sherrilyn Kenyon. I really am glad that after this I won't have to wait long to get the next book. I really love this series and characters so much!

message 18: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Kenji, I just finished Bad Moon Rising today & I loved it! Fang & Aimee are such a great couple & their story explains so much, it was an amazing read!

message 19: by AmandaG (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Currently reading Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur , The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella and Calamity Jayne (Tressa Jayne Turner Mysteries, Book 1) by Kathleen Bacus

Up next will be Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward , Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts and Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh

message 20: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 38 comments Is this where I post about a new book I just read? I was browsing my kindle for some cheap books and ran across Joleene Naylor her book "Shades of Gray" for only $1.50. What a freaking bargain!! It was a wonderful book. I would suggest it to anyone who likes vampire romance. It is a simple straight forward story with a great sexy hero, Jorick. It is her first of three and has left me wanting to know more!

message 21: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Hi Sharon! Yeah. You post what you read, what your reading, or want to read. This is the book thread. Just no spoilers unless you warn people =D.

message 22: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I just finished The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) by Rachel Caine which I enjoyed, and am now starting on Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward .

message 23: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I'll probably finish The Lightning Thief in the next couple days. Then check for book 2 at the library. I really should see if my Library has it to check out. Just procrastinating, lol.

message 24: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

reallly slow reading day WED. Its offically THURS here in California and I read maybe a page WED. LOL. I just had a LAX day and played Dream Farm [ sim farming, gotta love it=D:]

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Finished Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief. Very good! Now onto something Dirty.

message 26: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, Book 1) by Angie Fox . It was ok. Nothing too exceptional. It had some funny dialog between characters and it had some annoying characters. I will probably read the next book in the series to see if it gets better. I'm now reading Key to Conflict (Gillian Key, ParaDoc, #1)  by Talia Gryphon

I also finished Lover Revealed and loved it!!

message 27: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Apr 17, 2010 06:09PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) I've started to read Dream Girl, it's cute. But dull so far. I'm hoping things will get dangerous soon like the cover states. Dream Girl by Lauren Mechling

message 28: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Key to Conflict (Gillian Key, ParaDoc, #1)  by Talia Gryphon . It was pretty good, lots of world building and character background but that usually comes with a first book. I'm now reading A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest by Marianne Mancusi

message 29: by AmandaG (last edited Apr 19, 2010 07:37AM) (new)

AmandaG (amandag3) | 73 comments Recently finished Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish trilogy #2) by Nora Roberts and Caressed By Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) by Nalini Singh . It took me a bit to get in to both of those books, but I liked them both. Now reading Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead which I'm really liking. Have Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, Book #2) by C.L. Wilson and Cold As Ice (Ice, #2) by Anne Stuart on hold to pick up at lib.

message 30: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Just finished the anthology On the Prowl (Includes Monère Children of the Moon, #4; Briggs Alpha & Omega Prequel; World of the Lupi, #3.5; Dorina Basarab Prequel) by Patricia Briggs On the Prowl this morning & am now ready to start Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5)  by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) - so excited, I've heard nothing but good things!

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) I've become bored with Dream Girl, I haven't given up on it, but I've started something else to keep things lively. So now I've started Spider Bite, I'm only 7 pages in and it's so cool!

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

message 32: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I Finished A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest by Marianne Mancusi a cute, charming time travel story. Very chick-lit-ish. I'm now reading Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep

I have to agree with you Shera, I'm loving Spider's Bite also!!

message 33: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 150 comments Still reading Silver Borne, but I'm also reading Unknown (Outcast Season, #2) by Rachel Caine by Rachel Caine & just finished [image error] by Jennifer Crusie on audio & I LOVED it! It was funny, had me laughing out loud at work & a super sweet HEA

message 34: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep by Jennifer Estep. I LOVED IT!!! Fantastic Urban Fantasy book!!! I could not put it down. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! I'm now reading and almost finished with Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3) by Molly Harper by Molly Harper, which I am loving also. Hilariously funny and charming book! I've loved all three books in the series. I'm now moving on to Night of the Wolves by Heather Graham by Heather Graham.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) Ooo, let me know what you think of Night of the Wolves, that looks very cool.

message 36: by Valorie (new)

Valorie Shera wrote: "Ooo, let me know what you think of Night of the Wolves, that looks very cool."

I didn't think it was that great unfortunately. It seemed really slow and kinda cliche. I really don't like westerns so that might have something to do with it.

message 37: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I finished Rumble on the Bayou by Jana Deleon by Jana Deleon and really enjoyed it. It was a cute, funny, adventurous romantic suspense/mystery/chick-lit story. I'm now starting on Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #15 and/or Dream-Hunters #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon .

message 38: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sstogner1) | 38 comments I have my book bag full of stuff!
American Gods by Neil Gaiman Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione The Haunting of Josie by Hooper Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward A Witch in Time (a Bewitching Mystery, #6) by Madelyn Alt A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1)  by Laurell K. Hamilton

and you should read! Along Came A Demon (Whisperings, #1) by Linda Welch [image error]

message 39: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Well I either finished or am reading 3/4 of my April TBR books! So I guess planning helps! Off to do that on May's thread, lol.

Current reads:
Butterfly Scales by Evangeline Anderson [futuristic romance:]

Still reading:
Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #19) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Need to start:
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder

message 40: by Valorie (new)

Valorie I'm going to start Karma Girl (Bigtime, Book 1) by Jennifer Estep later tonight.