Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Achive of OLD posts > Welcome! Come on in and say hello!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,291 (1291 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments Im nicola ormerod. I live in aberdeen scotland with my husband and two kids. I write from home and try my best to work it around kids, housework and pleasing my husband :).
My first book was published last month and this is a real boost of confidence hopefully it is the first of many.

message 2: by Lela (new)

Lela Gwenn (gwenn) | 2 comments Hi! I'm Gwen. I'm a PNR and UF junkie. Along with reading like a maniac, I am also a writer (not yet published), I am so excited, I am going to the WRW retreat and I am going to meet Charlaine Harris!!! One of my favorite authors :) I'm excited to share with you all and hopefully to find new books to feed my addiction! :)

message 3: by Ellice (new)

Ellice Oh (satanlovesme) Hey!! i'm Sarah i LOVE to read Ahhh i'm reading RIGHT NOW!!!

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments i cant believe you are meeting charlaine harris :D
hi sarah thanks for joining hopefully this group will pick up and when we have enough members ill start running competitions. I just recently had my first book published and let me tell you gwen it feels how models must feel on the runway, singers on stage etc. a total buzz. If you got it go for it. what sort of stuff do you write.

*X♥xQuincyx♥X*=*X♥xGigglyPuffx♥X* | 8 comments HI!!! I'm Quincy but you can call me GigglyPuff and i Love to read!!!

*X♥xQuincyx♥X*=*X♥xGigglyPuffx♥X* | 8 comments Sweet! Thats's the chain of friends. I invited 19 and they invite 700 and were all good!!! LOL

message 8: by Mark (new)

Mark Ryan (markryan) | 1 comments Hello all, I'm Mark Ryan. I am an aspiring author and avid reader (when I'm not writing). I am shopping my first book around and have started on the second in the series. If anyone would like to check it out you can here
http://www.myspace.com/authormarkryan
I love SciFi/Fanstasy and look forwad to discovering more through this group :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

hey

message 10: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 4 comments Hi, I love reading anything with vampires and fantasy involved. I actually have a very big love for reading anything and everything but these genres play a big role in what I pick at times. I thought I'd recommend a few titles. If you like fantasy, I would have to recommend The Ranger's Apprentice books by John Flanagan and if it's vampires I would have to say the Anne Rice books are quite entertaining.

message 11: by Lela (new)

Lela Gwenn (gwenn) | 2 comments Nicola,
It is so encouraging to hear a success story! I write UF with strong Romantic themes...it isn't really cut and dry enough to call PNR.

My current work centers of Faeries...I know, I know, but I promise they are kick ass non pansy faeries :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

hello im new to the group. i just thought that i would introduce myself. im stephanie, im 18 years old, and im from the united states. i love to read and to write. i most often write poetry and short stories. it is hard for me to allow people to read my work though because im afraid of what they will say. i suppose i need to get over that.

message 13: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel wats the name of ur book Nicola?
hi everyone!!
stephanie dont worry about ppl will think, just have fun while writing and express ur feelings :P
now...
my name is ameena, i'm from bahrain, i'm 14 going on 15, i love to read and write
i love love love to write and hope to publish one of my writings some day
i'm working on 3 books now :P
hope u guys read wat i write and like it

Stephanie:
BTW i'm gonna read wat u write! ;)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

ok. lol we were talking on the pen pals group too lol thats funny. thank for joining by the way.

message 15: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel no problme!
ya i knw
this happened yesturday too
i was talking with another friend on like 3 groups in the same time
:P

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

thats funny lol. ps. i will post some of the things i have written on my page in the next few days. it may take me a little while though.

*X♥xQuincyx♥X*=*X♥xGigglyPuffx♥X* | 8 comments HI!!!! I think Her book's Name is Red's Robin

message 18: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i cant wait!
i look forward to reading the things u write
;)
i also write
and have posted some stuff

i love reading wat others write
its soo interesting

message 19: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i'll check it out thanks!!
:)

message 20: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel i searched for it on goodreads (here :P )
but couldn't find it

message 21: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments wow ive been out for the day come back and BOOM heaps of comments and new discussions this is fabulous. My book is called Red's Robin theres a wee exert on this link

the cover is totally kick ass too and gives you a taste of the steamyness within.

and also theres nowt wrog with fairys, im working on a YA series and one of the main chars is a fairy, hes also fabulously goodlooking and plays rugby no pansyness whatsoever :D

great seeing everyone one responding so well and thanks for inviting your friends. I will try and get a comp running to win a copy of a signed book in the next few weeks once the group is established

message 22: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel :)
i'm looking forward to seeing your book!
sounds great!

message 24: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments lol forgot to paste the link hee hee

http://www.authorhouse.co.uk/Bookstor...

message 25: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel sounds GREAT!!
i bookmarked it so that wen i go to the book store i remember to check it out!!

message 26: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments woot :D

message 27: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel :)

message 28: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 4 comments Ah creatures of the night, what beautiful sounds they make :o)

message 29: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel hhhh
yah i LOVE wolves
and i dont just mean seth and jacob

message 30: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 4 comments I kinda miss the Howling type of werewolves...that Eddie Quist guy was pretty creepy in that

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, I'm Ginny.

*X♥xQuincyx♥X*=*X♥xGigglyPuffx♥X* | 8 comments HI GINNY!!! IM GigglyPuff

message 33: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel hi ppl

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Ameena

message 35: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel the only book with vampires ive read is the twilight saga
which ROCKED!!

message 36: by Bradley (new)

Bradley My name is Bradley and I write fantasy. =)

Dreamsbane of Tamalor by Bradley James Simpson

message 37: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel COOL!
your an author!!!
i'll check out your books
:>
wat r they about?

message 38: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments welcome bradley. I too write fantasy, maily vamp lit
xx

message 39: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel cool nicola!!
ur also an author?

one day i'll join the authors list
;)

message 40: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel oh sry nicola
i didnt recognize u at first!
now i do

message 41: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments :)

message 42: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Hey, I'm Courtney...:)

message 43: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel hi courtney

message 44: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Hello Everyone. I'm Alycia and I got hooked onto PNR/UF by a very good friend of mine. I do genre jump though. Thanks Nicola for the invite! :)

message 45: by Riley (new)

Riley Steel (rileysteel) | 225 comments no probs babes welcoe. its a new group but im hoping to start competions to win books asap

message 46: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel hi alycia

message 47: by Alycia (new)

Alycia Ameena wrote: "hi alycia
:>"

Hi Ameena! :)

message 48: by Lana (new)

Lana Standley (lana241189) Hi im lana. i am quite new to pr and uf. i love the charlaine harris books and bdb and twilight. i love an adventure along with some steamy scenes. i have a little boy of 10 months so i am slow at reading as i dont have a lot of time xxx

message 49: by Ameena (new)

Ameena Adel how old r u alysia?

hello
i LOVE twilight!!
AWWW... wats his name?

message 50: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (RaVeNkIsSeS) | 2 comments Hi Im Jessica. I love to read. I have all my life. A few years back I got into Twilight really bad. Now I guess you could say Im addicted. If its Twilight I buy it . LOL. My husband says im addicted. I enjoy reading all vampire books now. I have read numerous series recently and Im so glad there are others out there like me....now I feel like I actually belong somewhere other than at home .

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.