all things supernatural discussion

random talk > YA Supernatural Book Marketing

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) Hi All

I found a really interesting article yesterday in Bookseller + Publisher Magazine (yes I am a Librarian and I have to read it for work), comparing the marketing used for Lauren Kate's Fallen and Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush, Hush. I have scanned a copy and posted it as a picture on my home page here:

http://www.goodreads.com/photo/user/3...

But at the moment the picture is too small to be legible. I will try and get a better link asap, but in the meantime, I was interested to see what people think about modern-day YA book marketing.

I have to say I was surprised to see such an extensive and beautiful website for Fallen. They even had a "movie trailer" for the book! (if you haven't seen it, you can check it out here: http://www.randomhouse.com/teens/fall...). It was this beautiful website that has suckered me in to wanting to read Fallen.

I haven't seen a lot of marketing for Hush, Hush but started reading it on the recommendation of a friend and am yet to be disappointed. Has anyone seen any fancy online stuff for Hush, Hush? Was it this online marketing that drew you to read it? How do you normally decide on the books you want to read?

Let me know!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) I just saw the trailer for Hush, Hush. Good, but not as good as the trailer for Fallen. You can see it on Good Reads here:

http://www.goodreads.com/videos/show/...

message 3: by *NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY!, Roleplay maker and charcter approver! (new)

*NO NAME* SO DON'T TRY! teh awesome dude who says hi | 21 comments Mod
Do the vids have sound?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (saire) I think from memory the Fallen one does, but Hush, Hush may not ...

message 5: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) I looked at the site, and I agree it is really well designed. It is also very interactive.

message 6: by April (new)

April Woosley | 18 comments Hush, Hush was ok, Fallen's way better, but I tried reading Torment, the second one and couldn't get into it at all.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Frazier (uofmash) | 21 comments Really I read Torment in 2 days, it was a little slower moving though. Seemed like it was more of a set up for the third book.

message 8: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) Really? I definitely liked Hush Hush a lot better than Fallen. I liked them both though.

message 9: by April (new)

April Woosley | 18 comments I got a 119 pages into the book and couldn't stand Luce's whining any longer. I'll try to pick up where I left off sometime, at that time I just didn't like it enough to continue. It lost most of its suspense and most of what we're left with is Luce's constant whining.

message 10: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 633 comments Luce annoyed the hell outta me. I got to chapter nine and was seriously sick of it. And it sucks cause Fallen and Torment have such gorgeous covers!!