Fans of The Hollows series by Kim Harrison discussion

Black Magic Sanction??

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (tashaj) | 10 comments Mod
I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to know everyone's take on BMS?
First off, I was just stoked to have another Harrison read. I hate waiting so long for my Jenks dosage. Second, it was beautiful!
I was STOKED to have way more face time with Al. Wasn't it great? When I read page one and it was with Al, I was like "YAY!". lol.. I won't get into much detail for those who have yet to read this book, but all I'll say is that it's heart breaking and full of emotion, but happy and sad. It was one of my favorites of the series! I'm dying for the next book, but the wait has only just begun. :P

message 2: by Natasha (last edited Mar 27, 2010 09:01AM) (new)

I love that there will be 12 books!! I also heard that it's going graphic! I can't wait for the graphic novel. :)

I agree that Al was a bit creepy in his demon form, but I guess he is a demon.:/ lol Didn't you find it odd how he almost cared for Rach when she was hurt from that soul? He was rubbing her back.. And before that he was looking at her with something in his eyes, not love.. but something? It was kinda cool. lol! I think I want to re-read the book tonight. :)

message 3: by Natasha (new)

I was hoping for more Trent as well. I guess that will be in the next book! I loved that we got to see the memory of them when they were young. I wanted more! lol

message 4: by ☻Nikki☻ (new)

☻Nikki☻ C (nikkic1998) This ended up being one of my favorite books in the series. I was worried after reading WWBC because to me it was really dark and slow going. I was afraid this one would be too but KH got it right back on track. Love how much more we got to see Rachel & Al. Their scenes were definitely some of my favorite moments. They are growing on each other but I don't want them together romantically...just don't see that.

Can't believe what a SOB Nick has turned out to be. I don't know if KH is going to end up making him be "misunderstood" but if he really did screw Rachel over the way that it looks like he did then I hope she gives him to Al or even Newt. He would deserve it!

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) | 16 comments I loved that she showed us the memory of Rachel and Trent. It showed how far back they go, and gave us more of a perspective on Trent.

I was beyond stoked that there was so much of Al in this, and I loved that Rachel and Al's relationship is becoming much stronger. I'm still shocked about Nick, because I always thought he could be a slimeball, but he wasn't that bad and I kind of liked him. Until I read this, and now I want to slap him. I mean the way he treated Rachel was beyond horrible.

Still unsure of how I feel about Pierce, and I love that Jenks is going to be able to live for 20 more years, without Matalina sadly, but I loved Black Magic Sanction!