Beyond Reality discussion

General SF&F discussion > Forthcoming books for April!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Here's the list of major SF&F titles about to be released in April. Please let us know if you are planning to read any of these!

Abe, Shana: The Treasure Keeper (#4 Drakon) (pap)
Abnett, Dan: Triumff #1: Her Majesty’s Hero (pbo)
Aguirre, Ann: Hell Fire (#2 Corine Solomon) (pbo)
Anderson, Taylor: Maelstrom (#3 Destroyermen) (pap)
Barnes, John: Directive 51
Beukes, Lauren: Moxyland (pbo)
Bova, Ben: The Hittite
Bradbury, Ray: The Stories of Ray Bradbury
Bradley, Marion Zimmer: Ghostlight (Reissue) (pap)
Brett, Peter V: The Desert Spear (#2 Warded Man)
Butcher, Jim: Changes (Dresden Files)
Campbell, Jack: The Lost Fleet: Victorious (pbo)
Canavan, Trudi: The Magician’s Apprentice (pbo)
Card, Orson Scott: Keeper of Dreams (tp)
Carriger, Gail: Changeless (#2 Parasol Protectorate) (pbo)
Chan, Kylie: White Tiger (#1 Dark Heavens Trilogy) (pbo)
Cook, Glen: The Tyranny of the Night (#1 Instrumentalities of the Night) (tp)
Cook, Glen: Starfishers (#2 Starfishers) (Reissue) (tp)
Creasy, Sara: Song of Scarabaeus (pbo)
Dansky, Richard: Firefly Rain (tp)
Day, Thomas A: A Grey Moon over China (pap)
Devoti, Lori: Amazon Queen (#2 Amazons) (pbo)
Esslemont, Ian C: Night of Knives (Malazan Empire) (pap)
Farmer, Philip Jose: Riverworld (To Your Scattered Bodies Go & The Fabulous Riverboat) (tp)
Farrell, S L: A Magic of Dawn (#3 Nessantico Cycle)
Feist, Raymond E: At the Gates of Darkness (#2 Demonwar Saga)
Flynn, Michael: Up Jim River
Gilman, Laura Anne: Hard Magic (#1 Paranormal Scene Investigations) (tpo)
Harvey, Colin: Winter Song (#1) (pbo)
Heinlein, Robert A: The Rolling Stones (Reissue) (pap)
Herbert / Anderson: Dune: The Battle of Corrin (Reissue) (pap)
Jennings / Gleason: Apocalypse 2012 (pap)
Jones / Bennett: Shadow Magic (pap)
Jones, J V: Watcher of the Dead (#4 Sword of Shadows)
Kadrey, Richard: Sandman Slim (pap)
Kratman, Tom: The Lotus Eaters
Lake, Jay: Pinion (#3 Gears of the Earth)
Lee / Miller: Saltation (Liaden)
Leiber, Fritz: The Best of Fritz Leiber
Lindskold, Jane: Nine Gates (#2 Thirteen Orphans) (pap)
Lowachee, Karin: The Gaslight Dogs (pbo)
Malzieu, Mathias: The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart
McDermott, Andy: The Covenant of Genesis (pbo)
Meyer, Stephenie: The Host (tp)
Moorcock, Michael: Hawkmoon: The Mad God’s Amulet (#2 Duke Dorian Hawkmoon) (tp)
Nisbet, Jim: Windward Passage
Niven / Pournelle: Escape From Hell (pap)
O’Shea, Patti: In the Darkest Night (pbo)
Pelegrimas, Marcus: Teeth of Beasts (#3 Skinners) (pbo)
Preston / Child: Cemetery Dance (#9 FBI Special Agent Pendergast) (pap)
Preston / Child: Cabinet of Curiosities (#3 FBI Special Agent Pendergast) (Reissue) (pap)
Preston / Child: Still Life with Crows (#4 FBI Special Agent Pendergast) (Reissue) (pap)
Preston / Child: Brimstone (#5 FBI Special Agent Pendergast) (Reissue) (pap)
Preston / Child: Dance of Death (#6 FBI Special Agent Pendergast) (Reissue) (pap)
Remic, Andy: Kell’s Legend (#1) (pbo)
Robinson, Jeremy: Instinct
Sanderson, Brandon: Warbreaker (pap)
Sawyer, Robert J: WWW: Watch (#2 WWW)
Sniegoski, Thomas E: Dancing on the Head of a Pin (#2 Remy Chandler) (pap)
Snodgrass, Melinda: The Edge of Ruin
Spinrad, Norman: He Walked Among Us
Tregillis, Ian: Bitter Seeds
Turtledove, Harry: Give Me Back My Legions (Ancient Rome) (tp)
Ward, Dayton: Counterstrike (#2 Last World War) (pbo)
Weber, David: A Mighty Fortress (#4 Safehold)
Weber, David: Storm from the Shadows (#7 Honoverse) (pap)
Wells, Jaye: The Mage in Black (#2 Sabina Kane Trilogy) (pbo)
Whates, Ian: The Noise Within (pap)
Wolfe, Gene: The Best of Gene Wolfe (tp)
Wurts, Janny: Traitor's Knot: Alliance of Light: Volume 4 (Wars of Light and Shadow) (pap) (reissue)
Wurts, Janny: Stormed Fortress: Alliance of Light: Volume 5 (Wars of Light and Shadow) (pap) (reissue)
Ed. Fawcett: Nebula Awards Showcase 2010: The Year’s Best SF and Fantasy (tpo)
Ed. Horton: The Year’s Best Science Fiction & Fantasy 2010 Edition (tp)
Ed. Schweitzer: Cthulhu’s Reign (pbo)

Stefan

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 338 comments I'm saving an Audible credit to get The Desert Spear by Peter V. Brett. I loved The Warded Man.

message 3: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I am waiting for Sawyer's book Watch and Guy Kay's book Under Heaven

message 4: by Leighann (new)

Leighann (zhelenstilo) I just put both Changeless and WWW:Watch on hold at the local library, since I loved the first books in both those series.

message 5: by Marty (new)

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I will read the Jim Butcher Changes, probably the John Barnes Directive 51, and I've ordered the Jack Campbell The Lost Fleet Victorious.

message 6: by Kerry (new)

Kerry (rocalisa) | 487 comments For me, it'll be Lee and Miller's Saltation.

message 7: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronbacardi) | 302 comments Another new Michael Flynn book already? This is good news.

message 8: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3233 comments Mod
Jim Butcher's Dresden Files book is on my list.
Does anyone know anything about Trudi Canavan? I've eyed some of her books lately at the used book store but didn't buy.

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) I'm really looking forward to Changeless by Gail Carriger, because I enjoyed Soulless alot.

I might also pick up Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey at some point, because it's on my wishlist and looks interesting.

message 10: by Phoenixfalls (new)

Phoenixfalls | 187 comments Huh. . . not a thing for me this month. Ah well, my wallet will appreciate the break before May, when I think a couple of my authors have new hardcovers coming out. . .

But I will likely pick up the John Barnes for my dad.

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Stormed Fortress and Traitor's Knot by Janny Wurts are both on order from my local B&N store. I hope to have them in hand at the end of next week.

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim Shannon (envaneo) | 37 comments I'm waiting until I have all 3 of Sawyer's books in the trilogy and I can read them all in one go.

message 13: by Janny (new)

Janny (jannywurts) | 1003 comments Lee and Miller's Saltation, Karin Lowachee has done some well presented works in the past, so I'll definitely give The Gaslight Dogs a thorough look.

Did this list somehow miss Kay's Under Heaven? I thought that was an April title too?

Also, I thought C.J. Cherryh had another coming up in her Foreigner series... I had a mental 'check this in April' tag - could be wrong about the release date.

message 14: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
My advance copy says May 2010, but on Amazon it's listed for April 27... so I'm not sure. I definitely recommend it - thought it was his best novel since The Lions of Al-Rassan.

message 15: by Ken (last edited Mar 28, 2010 04:32PM) (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments In Canada its defiantly April. According to the Guy Kay e-mail, Canada release is Begining of April, USA is last week of April.
Sometimes I am really pleased to be a Canadian

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo Wake | 35 comments Kathi wrote: "Jim Butcher's Dresden Files book is on my list.
Does anyone know anything about Trudi Canavan? I've eyed some of her books lately at the used book store but didn't buy."

Yes I have just read four of her books, her latest, Magicians Apprentice just beat out The Last Stormlord by Glenda Larke (which I think is a fantastic book) for the Aurealis awards in Oz. I enjoyed her books but there are 3 I cannot get hold of at the moment.

message 17: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Ken, Under Heaver is out in stores now. It was supposed to be released on Tuesday, but has already popped up on shelves around the country. I have a copy in my hot little hands!

message 18: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments I have mine on order at my fav store. They are going to get it signed for me also. Man I love that place

message 19: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Are you going to a reading? Happily, his visit to Winnipeg is coming up soon!

message 20: by Bill (new)

Bill (reedye) | 56 comments Jo, What three can't you get?

message 21: by Jo (new)

Jo Wake | 35 comments Magician's Guild, Novice and High Lord. For some reason my library doesn't have them.

message 22: by Bill (new)

Bill (reedye) | 56 comments Ah, I was going to send you to bookdepository.com to buy.

message 23: by Jo (new)

Jo Wake | 35 comments I don't buy many books these days, I used to have a collection of thousands but last time I moved, I parted with a mass of them, sadly. However, I still have a largish library and will have to part with them too if I end up moving into a smaller apartment.

message 24: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3233 comments Mod
Jo wrote: "Yes I have just read four of her books, her latest, Magicians Apprentice just beat out The Last Stormlord by Glenda Larke (which I think is a fantastic book) for the Aurealis awards in Oz. I enjoyed her books but there are 3 I cannot get hold of at the moment."
Thanks for the info. I may just pick them up next time I'm at the used book store (if they are still there).

message 25: by Ken (new)

Ken (ogi8745) | 1348 comments Laurel wrote: "Are you going to a reading? Happily, his visit to Winnipeg is coming up soon!"
No, I dont usually do those things. He is going to be in Toronto next weekend for Ad Astra.

message 26: by Grey (new)

Grey (spaceharper) | 15 comments I'll read Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson at some point.