Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
Daphne Clair has written many books under various psuedonyms. Verity, help me out here. She also writes under Roberta Leigh and what other name?

message 2: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments My ultimate fav ! LOL...

Roberta Leigh (which I also luve) writes under Rachel Lindsay.

Daphne Clair's (44 HPs) pseudonyms :
Clarissa Garland = Return to Opal reach
Laurey Bright = 24 Silhouette books
CLaire Lorel = 3 books : "Huntersford", "Lord Brandsley's bride" & "Miss Miranda's marriage"

Can U tell I'm a DC geek ? Hehee...

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I knew you'd come through for us. Hugs!!!

message 4: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments LOL... what can I say ? I obsessively collected & read & re-read her books. She writes the best older heroine / younger hero IMHO. Methinks she's an incomparable magician 'cuz she's able to write haunting, emotional, light & still memorable. I esp luv her endings, hers are not just 1-page ILU the end.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I need to read more of hers.

message 6: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
I only read The Riccioni Pregnancy by her and really liked it.

I had no idea she was the same person as Roberta Leigh. Back when I was a wee bit young one I read Maid To Measure under the covers to hide from my mom. At the time I really enjoyed it although the illicitness of it probably made it more fun- in my old age and jaded cynicism I don't think that's my cup of tea anymore.

Will have to try reading more of hers. What do you recommend along the lines of the Riccioni Pregnancy?

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I remember liking her books in the 90s, but I haven't read any int he past year. It looks like she hasn't had a new HP or M&B Modern since 2009. I wonder if she's still active.

message 8: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Lululemon wrote: "I only read The Riccioni Pregnancy by her and really liked it.

I had no idea she was the same person as Roberta Leigh. Back when I was a wee bit young one I read [book:Maid To M..."

Actually no. DC is not Roberta Leigh. I was just saying Roberta Leigh = Rachel Lindsay, which I also luved. I'm too lazy to name my fav DC titles but U can click on my DC / Laurey Bright shelves w/ 5* ratings. D wrote a fab review on 1 of my fav DC - The loving trap. I also adore Dark mirror (cougar theme) & Dark remembrance (unrequited luv, hero in luv w/ BFF's wife).

message 9: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Kate wrote: "I remember liking her books in the 90s, but I haven't read any int he past year. It looks like she hasn't had a new HP or M&B Modern since 2009. I wonder if she's still active."

Yeah she hasn't been that active in recent yrs & the ones cranked out were disappointing, not in the same calibre as her oldies. If U go to her website, U can sign up for her newsletter but she mostly rambles 'bout Otha stuff going on in her life.

Addendum to post above : U must read :
A ruling passion
Infamous bargain