Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Carla Capshaw's Gladiator is a RITA finalist!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Have any of you heard of the RITA? It's like the Oscar for romance novels from Romance Writers of America. Anyway the finalists were posted yesterday and our own Carla is a finalist in Inspirational Romance category and for Best First Book too for Gladiator!
We are pumped for her!

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
PS. If you go to the LIH authors home page, you'll see that Carla is listed as moderator. If you click her book cover there, you can send her a message of congratulations.
We'll try to get her to drop by soon and chat about what the RITA means to her and editors.

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) That's fantastic news! Congratulations, Carla! A well deserved honor. : )

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments WOOHOO! I love that book! CAT is absolutely my fav.

message 5: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I'll add my congrats here again. :)

message 6: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Thanks everyone! I'm really excited. :-)

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Carla, congratulations! Your book is very deserving of this nomination.

message 8: by Carla (new)

Thank you so much, Barbara!

And to everyone who has sent such lovely messages to me privately.

Hugs!

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Oh, Carla, again this is so wonderful!

message 10: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 75 comments Congrats Carla!! So excited for you!!

message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 80 comments Congrats! That was a great book. :o)

message 12: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im excited for her to and can say I knew her before she got famous! (online anyway) shes always been famous.
and I love the look of the new book cover.

message 13: by Carla (last edited Mar 26, 2010 07:54PM) (new)

You guys are wonderful. I'm so thankful for each of you in this awesome group.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments We need balloons and whistles!! And the Confetti

message 15: by Carla (new)

Jennifer wrote: "We need balloons and whistles!! And the Confetti"

***You got it. I'll also bring cupcakes. :-)

message 16: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Oh, Carla, cupcakes are quite the in thing to eat at parties these days. Are you doing some of the exotic flavors?

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 6 comments Awesome news!!! (and I just saw the cover for the next book on Amazon and I love it! can't wait to read it)

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Yum! I love a cupcake in the middle of the night! :)

message 19: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 34 comments Congratulations!

message 20: by Carla (new)

Janet Tronstad wrote: "Oh, Carla, cupcakes are quite the in thing to eat at parties these days. Are you doing some of the exotic flavors?"

***Sure, I'll bring exotic flavors. How about chocoate? lol

message 21: by Carla (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Awesome news!!! (and I just saw the cover for the next book on Amazon and I love it! can't wait to read it)"

***YAY! Thanks, Rebecca. I'm loving that cover too. It's my new screensaver and I smile every time I turn on the computer. lol

message 22: by Carla (new)

Melody wrote: "Yum! I love a cupcake in the middle of the night! :)"

***A girl after my own heart. :-)

message 23: by Carla (new)

***Thanks Harlequin!

message 24: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Carla, the LIH authors are all happy and proud of you and your wonderful debut!!!! I'll be cheering you on at the Awards Ceremony in Nashville!!! The Rita is awesome!

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments mmmm cupcakes! Red Velvet with cream cheese icing!

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Carla wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Awesome news!!! (and I just saw the cover for the next book on Amazon and I love it! can't wait to read it)"

***YAY! Thanks, Rebecca. I'm loving that cover too. It's my new sc..."

I'd smile everytime I saw that cover too! LOL He is good looking! Too bad we have to wait till July to read it!

message 27: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I have to agree that is one awesome cover. Yummy!
I think I am ready for a mid morning cupcake now too! That one was so delicious!

message 28: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 111 comments Melody wrote: "I have to agree that is one awesome cover. Yummy!
I think I am ready for a mid morning cupcake now too! That one was so delicious!"

Being a Rita finalist calls for more than a cupcake, Carla! That's awesome! Enjoy the accolades. You deserve them.
Blessings,
Val

message 29: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 6 comments Yes he is quite good looking! And I think you can buy it in June instead of July if you order from eharlequin.com. They always have the books a month early and I usually buy from there.

message 30: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Carla! You're one of the best things to happen to LIH in its two-year history! Congratulations for finaling in the Rita! I'll be cheering for you in Nashville!

message 31: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Yes!!! Way to go Carla... Apppplausee!!

message 32: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments CONGRATULATIONS, CARLA! It couldn't happen to a nicer person!

message 33: by Carla (new)

Jennifer wrote: "mmmm cupcakes! Red Velvet with cream cheese icing!"

***Delish! I'll get baking those right away. I love red velvet cake. :-)

message 34: by Carla (new)

I'm so glad you guys like the new cover. I'm always really nervous until the new one. So far the art department has been beyond amazing with all the LIH covers. You can tell the artists really care about getting them just right. We're so blessed to have such talented people working to make the books beautiful. :-)

message 35: by Carla (new)

Melody wrote: "I have to agree that is one awesome cover. Yummy!
I think I am ready for a mid morning cupcake now too! That one was so delicious!"

***Melody, the red velvet cupcakes are baking. Is there another flavor you'd like? I'll get right on it while the bowls and ingredients are still out. :-)

message 36: by Carla (new)

Carla wrote: "I'm so glad you guys like the new cover. I'm always really nervous until the new one comes out. I shouldn't be. So far the art department has been beyond amazing with all the LIH covers. You can tell the artists really c..."

message 37: by Carla (new)

Rebecca wrote: "Yes he is quite good looking! And I think you can buy it in June instead of July if you order from eharlequin.com. They always have the books a month early and I usually buy from there."

***I didn't know that Rebecca. I knew the LIH subscribers get the books a month early, but I didn't realize eHarlequin sold them before their release date. Good to know. Thanks for the info!

message 38: by Carla (new)

Janet, Valerie, Victoria and Laurie, Thank you! It's been such fun being a part of LIH these past two years. And even more fun getting to know each of you better.

Hugs!

message 39: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments How about a dark chocolate with some of the delicious cream cheese frosting? :)

message 40: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Melody wrote: "How about a dark chocolate with some of the delicious cream cheese frosting? :)"
I take that!

message 41: by Carla (new)

Melody wrote: "How about a dark chocolate with some of the delicious cream cheese frosting? :)"

***Me too. lol Would you like a strawberry on top? :-)

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Melody wrote: "How about a dark chocolate with some of the delicious cream cheese frosting? :)"

mmmm

message 43: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Yes please! Strawberries and chocolate is like peanut butter and jelly, made for each other. lol

message 44: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Carla wrote: "Janet, Valerie, Victoria and Laurie, Thank you! It's been such fun being a part of LIH these past two years. And even more fun getting to know each of you better.

Hugs!"

I remember the first time we met, Carla. I was impressed and still am. Thanks for the red velvet cupcake! Wonderful to celebrate with you!

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments We need some cheesecake too! LOL

message 46: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Jennifer wrote: "We need some cheesecake too! LOL"

Second that!

message 47: by Carla (new)

Janet Dean wrote: "I rem..."

***I remember too and I feel the same way about you. Thanks for celebrating with me. :-)

message 48: by Carla (new)

Jennifer and Terri you are so bad. Cheesecake sounds perfect!

On a side note, do any of you like Cadbury eggs? I don't eat real eggs, but Cadbury ones are my downfall.

message 49: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments The mini eggs in the purple package? I could eat that whole bag in one sitting! YUM!!!!!

message 50: by Carla (new)

Melody wrote: "The mini eggs in the purple package? I could eat that whole bag in one sitting! YUM!!!!!"

**Oh, that's how I am with the milk chocolate Lindt truffles. lol

« previous 1