The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Gilmore Girls Discussions > Kirk was not always Kirk!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissaceo) | 11 comments ABC Family just start GG from the begining again. "Kirk" is in the 2nd or 3rd episode as a DSL intaller named "Mike"!

He was in tonight's episode as the new and unnamed assistant manager at Dossie's giving Miss Pattie a hard time about sampling the produce.

When did Kirk become Kirk?

message 2: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
He was also the Swan Man in an early episode before he became Kirk. We do talk about this in several threads, but his history as Kirk even changes after the first few times. Aren't we all so glad they did???

message 3: by Ryara (new)

Ryara Toft Well I sure am glad that they made Kirk!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 199 comments He is cute in his own very way

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 118 comments I've been watching the first season of Newhart and it has some interesting parallel's to GG. For example it takes place in an Inn in New England, there is a young girl/college student, and a diner owner named Kirk, plus the handyman George. I see some overlap with the Kirk/George character to our beloved Kirk.

message 6: by Abbie (new)

Abbie Guthrie (bookwormmm) | 6 comments My sister and I were watching those first episodes also and she got so mad.
"HIS NAME IS KIRK, DAMMIT!"
priceless.

message 7: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Wolsey Don't they also list two stories for the founding of Stars Hollow? At the Starlight Festival in Season One Miss Patty tells the story of two lovers who escaped and each found the way to the hollow, and then in a later season when Taylor makes the creepy museum, isn't there another version given with the creepy mannequins? "Stars? Hollow? Stars? Hollow?"

And do they ever explain what happened to Lane's Dad? He is mentioned somewhat in Season one, and then I think all references are pretty much dropped.

message 8: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 6 comments They also mentioned Lane's dad at the beginning of season 2. When Lane gets sent to Korea and doesn't know when (or if) she's coming back she was talking to Rory and said that her PARENTS were in their room all morning talking. But other than that I don't think they did ever mention him again. And he was never actually seen.

message 9: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Wolsey And also, in one of the early episodes Rory discovers Lane is a cheerleader, but that kind of goes away and then Lane's in the band. Then she goes on a tangent because some girl said she was cheerleader material. I suppose the first few episodes don't really count.