Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion (or Spam) > How to promote a giveaway

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.S. (last edited Mar 25, 2010 04:12PM) (new)

C.S. Winchester (CSWinchester) | 39 comments I'm holding a draw on my site. Anyone who signs up to the mailing list before the end of April goes into the draw to win either 1 of 2 books or 1 of 3 ebooks. (the losers will also be offered a discount code).

But I'm running out of places to post about it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for communities, groups, fanclubs etc (on here or elsewhere) who would welcome a post like this?

I don't want to spam anyone, I just want to get the word out. People like free stuff, right?

It's on the front page here if you want to see the conditions

I also welcome any tricks or tips you have if you think 'I'm doin' it wrong'.

message 2: by S. (new)

S. (tangodream) Your link above does not connect to anything other than a blank page. Where all have you tried to promote this so far?

message 3: by Guido (new)

Guido Henkel (guidohenkel) | 130 comments Yeah, the link is incorrectly spelled. Here is the corrected link

http://www.cswinchester.net

message 4: by C.S. (last edited Mar 25, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

C.S. Winchester (CSWinchester) | 39 comments S. wrote: "Your link above does not connect to anything other than a blank page.

Sorry, fixed it.

Where all have you tried to promote this so far?"

Twitter, a few message boards that I'm a member of (Absolute Write, vampire romance books and vampire diaries net), and 2 livejournal communities.

message 5: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 334 comments Mod
CS, you have to be really careful with promotions such as this unless you keep them on private loops. In some states you run afoul of the sweepstakes law.

You must permit people to enter a public drawing without being obliged to sign up for a mailing list.

It's the for-consideration law.